Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Fans Consultative Committee Meeting Minutes – Thursday 12th January 2012

This meeting was ages ago, however as the club has failed to post the minutes on the official website, despite requests from ourselves & Lisa from the FCC to do so, we have posted the minutes first on the Trust website

http://foxestrust.co.uk/1855/fans-consultative-committee-meeting-minutes-thursday-12th-january-2012#more-1855

The Trust has also been chasing the next meeting for sometime, as it was promised at the January meeting (although not in the minutes) that the frequency would be restored to previous levels (quarterly)

LH felt an area of non-reserved seating could be popular and would enable people to arrive early and sit with friends.A discussion followed on safe standing areas however there are no plans for the Club to look into this, at this at this moment in time

Anyone able to elaborate on what was said here?

EB requested that the jewellery range be evaluated as currently it is very male orientated. LB agreed. CT said he would report comments back to the Retail & Merchandising Manager.

Really? This is really a pressing matter for some of our fans? Who do these kind of people think they're representing?

LH felt an area of non-reserved seating could be popular and would enable people to arrive early and sit with friends.A discussion followed on safe standing areas however there are no plans for the Club to look into this, at this at this moment in time

quote name='Voll Blau' timestamp='1352154629' post='2401159'

In terms of Safe Standing - the club would rather focus on developing other elements in the ground, such as the Family Stand

Remember this meeting took place months before the Safe Standing Roadshow, which the club completely ignored. So while come clubs have now come out in favour of exploring Safe Standing, its doubtful our club will

quote name='Voll Blau' timestamp='1352154629' post='2401159'

In terms of Safe Standing - the club would rather focus on developing other elements in the ground, such as the Family Stand

Remember this meeting took place months before the Safe Standing Roadshow, which the club completely ignored. So while come clubs have now come out in favour of exploring Safe Standing, its doubtful our club will

There needs to be a lot more pressure then, as it's something that a great number of City fans clearly want to happen. This is no minority movement.

I understand the SSR visited Bristol City, one of the clubs to come out in support of the model, five times last season. Perhaps we need to arrange further visits and get the club onside, preferably closer to the stadium this time. The first visit raised awareness among fans and police as well as bringing in publicity, hopefully further visits will get influential figures from the club itself to walk out of their offices and see it for themselves.

There needs to be a lot more pressure then, as it's something that a great number of City fans clearly want to happen. This is no minority movement.

I understand the SSR visited Bristol City, one of the clubs to come out in support of the model, five times last season. Perhaps we need to arrange further visits and get the club onside, preferably closer to the stadium this time. The first visit raised awareness among fans and police as well as bringing in publicity, hopefully further visits will get influential figures from the club itself to walk out of their offices and see it for themselves.

Steady! >_<

That quote just sums up everything about what a fvcking joke this club has turned into. Seriously if we weren't any good on the pitch it's reached the point where I seriously don't know if I'd bother at all.

Just seems like everything in terms of fan relations and anything pro-atmosphere is getting worse and worse by every season and it's becoming an absolute joke now.

Expanding the jewellery range lol I didn't even know there was one.

Unreserved seating in some areas sounds a decent idea but it's nothing major by any means.

Can anyone tell me how many of the attendees were fans and what group they represent, how they manage to get a seat on this committee?

I don't understand the dynamics of the committee or how anyone manages to get onto it. I know Lisa regularly posts on this site so is aware of the current concerns of fairly large group of our fans and the Foxes Trust representative is very active but how do the others obtain our views and represent us.

I was asked by a mate of mine who works at LCFC.

they needed some coloured folk at the meeting(and i have ben a ST holder for 15+ years)

I dont represent anyone,i speak for myself only.

I am the voice of the twat people.

Other there are from different sections of the ground and DO represent others(i.e foxestrust,LCFC supporters Club,Disabled supporters)

There are some corporate ticket holders and Jobber too.

Others have been added to the group over the years.

Im sure they had an open forum a few years ago where anyone was invited to participate.

If you feel you really want to attend im sure you can by emailing Jim at fanzone.

You have to go thro an iniciation first.

The discussion on safe standing was quite lengthy. It's clear that the issues behind the decision to move to all seater stadia is not properly understood, but given the recent revelations regarding Hillsborough, I'm hoping that the Club will re-evaluate their position.

Can anyone tell me how many of the attendees were fans and what group they represent, how they manage to get a seat on this committee?

I don't understand the dynamics of the committee or how anyone manages to get onto it. I know Lisa regularly posts on this site so is aware of the current concerns of fairly large group of our fans and the Foxes Trust representative is very active but how do the others obtain our views and represent us.

The Club advertised on the OS for reps, a number of years ago. Fans were chosen to represent the different areas of the ground. Some, like me and Raj, monitor Internet sites. We also speak to fans in person, as do a couple of other fans who aren't active on the Internet.

The various fans groups are also represented at the meetings.

When is the next FCC meeting? I'm assuming they are held in January each year?

Having only one meeting with the fans per year, during which they discuss jewellery, just shows that they do not care one iota what fans have to say.

Dismal.

I think we need a 18-30 rep on the committee... (no offence, Lisa!)

Thanks Raj and Lisa, I understand now that clears it up for me.

The only remaining mystery is how the official supporters club is ran. Where do they have their meetings, when are the elections of their officers held and who out of the fan base is a member? I would expect the OFFICIAL supporter club to be quite big with well documented meetings and procedures.

Cliff Ginetta is Boss of The Official Supporters Club.

Im sure they have a base at the back of the family stand near one of the entrances.

Cman- You cant stop people having a gripe about ANY aspect of LCFC.

If they feel the jewellery is carp in the shop who are we to say otherwise.

Believe it or not but not EVERYONE wants standing at grounds!

P.s Meetings are not only in Jan.

Im sure clubs are obliged to do something like this cos of the Football League and they may even get $$$$ for complying(May be totally wrong tho)

Raj I am aware that Cliff is the leader of the official supporters club but that's the point, I think that's all that is known about it. Never heard of any meetings or consultation. Yes they run a bus but other than that who knows.

Raj I am aware that Cliff is the leader of the official supporters club but that's the point, I think that's all that is known about it. Never heard of any meetings or consultation. Yes they run a bus but other than that who knows.

Oh sorry!!! It is an inner circle of sex and drugs wear they run around wearing masks and different football tops and non matching socks.

Proper evil it is...

PS Phone 0116 274 2415 for more information.

Oh sorry!!! It is an inner circle of sex and drugs wear they run around wearing masks and different football tops and non matching socks.

Proper evil it is...

PS Phone 0116 274 2415 for more information.

Sounds a bit boring as there is no mention of bondage or cream cakes.

Cman- You cant stop people having a gripe about ANY aspect of LCFC.

If they feel the jewellery is carp in the shop who are we to say otherwise.

Believe it or not but not EVERYONE wants standing at grounds!

P.s Meetings are not only in Jan.

Im sure clubs are obliged to do something like this cos of the Football League and they may even get $$$$ for complying(May be totally wrong tho)

I'll hold my hands up - I didn't read the minutes and thought it was raised by the club, rather than a fan.

I'll also happily concede that not everyone wants to stand, but surveys have consistently proven that over 90% believe fans should have a choice. I find it frustrating that the club will listen to and address concerns such as getting the half time entertainment on the TVs in the concourse and re-evaluating the jewellery range, yet continue to ignore people's opinions on ticket prices, atmosphere and yes, safe standing.

I understand that the club's hands are tied by legislation in respect of safe standing but there is nothing stopping them showing an interest in what the supporters are saying. Not turning up to the safe standing roadshow was very poor from them.

Been away from this forum for a while and so it might happen anyway, but do you come on here and ask for opinions on what needs to be raised prior to the FCC meetings?

I still cannot believe people wear LCFC jewellery. Classy. lol

At first i did ask people on here what they would want bring up at the FCC but as you can imagine it got pretty silly!

So i basically just gauge opinions from people i know.

RE standing,my views-Im sure if a club other than US did something about safe standing first we would act too,BUT i cant see us being the first in the top 2 tiers.

You gotta remember whats best for the CLUB with regards policing,away fans etc...i aint saying owt but can you imagine our owners being active in having a standing area???

We all have our say about pricing,atmosphere it comes up at every meeting,but what you ask for and what you get arent always the same....you get me..

I think we need a 18-30 rep on the committee... (no offence, Lisa!)

No offence taken, and I did raise this at the last meeting (not minuted), as I am aware that this is a fan base that feels somewhat excluded. I also don't see how the Club can target families, only to ignore the kids once they become independent of their parents.

That quote just sums up everything about what a fvcking joke this club has turned into. Seriously if we weren't any good on the pitch it's reached the point where I seriously don't know if I'd bother at all.

Just seems like everything in terms of fan relations and anything pro-atmosphere is getting worse and worse by every season and it's becoming an absolute joke now.

Expanding the jewellery range lol I didn't even know there was one.

Unreserved seating in some areas sounds a decent idea but it's nothing major by any means.

Thats been the clubs stance for about 10 years so not really sure why it's coming as a suprise.

Archived