Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc

Match stats

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the match stats never seem to be accurate? I remember looking at the Birmingham game stats which said we had 6 shots or something and I could count 10 off the top of my head, and now this week bbc said we had 5 shots in the game yet we scored 6?

Yeah, they are getting worse.

Skysports get the stats from the same place, and after the Ipswich highlights it claimed we had 5 shots on target. There were 6 goals and Waghorn's shot that was saved for Nugent's goal, baffling, but BBC obviously realised how ridiculous it was, so changed it to 6 shots on target and none off target, that is quite a strike rate anyway, so much for poor finishing anyway.

I think it was after the Palace game where the highlights showed us having 5 clear shots on goal, 2 good saves, 2 cleared off the line and 1 goal, and yet the stats said 2 shots on target, :dunno:

Likewise I often look at the possession percentage and think that is not how I remember it.

Yeah, they are getting worse.

Skysports get the stats from the same place, and after the Ipswich highlights it claimed we had 5 shots on target. There were 6 goals and Waghorn's shot that was saved for Nugent's goal, baffling, but BBC obviously realised how ridiculous it was, so changed it to 6 shots on target and none off target, that is quite a strike rate anyway, so much for poor finishing anyway.

I think it was after the Palace game where the highlights showed us having 5 clear shots on goal, 2 good saves, 2 cleared off the line and 1 goal, and yet the stats said 2 shots on target, :dunno:

Likewise I often look at the possession percentage and think that is not how I remember it.

6 shots and none off target is wrong, Waghorn hit the post with a header as well...

I've heard that some stats show Ipswich had more possession on Saturday!! Don't quite see how that could be

Includes the time spent picking the ball out of the back of the net.

Archived