Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

dublin/de vries?

just reading craigs comments on the os, praising the performance of them two, saying they will make a good partnership. Does anyone think this will be his preffered strikeforce? and also saying he wants to use dion as a striker next year, could this be that he is not interested in anymore signings. comments?

Not according to this Report

Indeed, City should have grabbed a second-minute lead when, after a surge which took him past Balde despite a head start, Mark de Vries squared towards Dublin who was promptly felled in the penalty area by Chris Sutton.

Is this a different man?

Indeed, City should have grabbed a second-minute lead when, after a surge which took him past Balde despite a head start, Mark de Vries squared towards Dublin who was promptly felled in the penalty area by Chris Sutton.

Is this a different man?

140934[/snapback]

played like it last night. he was actually alright last night I thought. He won a lot more headers than usual and looked to have sharped his game up since last season. He should bag atleast 12 goals this year :unsure::ermm:

Is this a different man?

140934[/snapback]

played like it last night. he was actually alright last night I thought. He won a lot more headers than usual and looked to have sharped his game up since last season. He should bag atleast 12 goals this year :unsure::ermm:

140936[/snapback]

Even Heskey always scored about 12-15 so as long as De Vries is contributing with assists I would be very happy with 12 :)

Is this a different man?

140934[/snapback]

140936[/snapback]

Even Heskey always scored about 12-15 so as long as De Vries is contributing with assists I would be very happy with 12 :)

140940[/snapback]

Don't hold me on that comment btw :unsure:;):rolleyes::o:P:ermm:

Connolly and MDV will be our first choice strikers, i'm sure their 2 goals a piece against Bodo wouldn't have harmed the chances of this. Just because Levein has praised Dublin and de Vries I think this will only occur when we need to try something different.

We will get a new striker aswell, I think Levein knows by looking at how many injuries we've had just in pre-season that we need more cover.

I think if the 4-4-2 isn't working in a game we will see Dublin Deepfreeze with conners playing just behind. Hughes, Williams and syllia midfield with syllia exploiting the RW if he gets a chance. Tiatto LB roaming forward with johannson covering him from LCB. Well it works on FM anyway :D

i was watching the game last night and de vries looked really good but the player i was most impressed with was momo sylla.

140968[/snapback]

the players i was most impressed with, and why was...

Williams - He seemed to look alot more confident towards goal than he did last season..

Sylla - just amazin, ad a real bargin :)

De Vries - hes changed my mind about him... i didnt like him atall last season, but he has proved he can play football :)

what suprised me...

Dublin taking the peno, i would of gave it rab douglas over him :), dublin isnt exactly known for his goal scoring is he :)... tbh if i was the manager i would of gave it williams :)

We need pace upfront, Dublin and de Vries do not provide that.

I was impressed with de Vries last night though. He seems a lot fitter and sharper, and seemed to give Varga and Balde a horrid time.

He won quite a bit in the air as well, which was nice to see.

Let's just hope that people don't start getting on De Vries' back straight away this coming season. He may well have improved his fitness but I reckon it would only take a few knocks from the crowd to damage his confidence.

I think if the 4-4-2 isn't working in a game we will see Dublin Deepfreeze with conners playing just behind. Hughes, Williams and syllia midfield with syllia exploiting the RW if he gets a chance. Tiatto LB roaming forward with johannson covering him from LCB. Well it works on FM anyway :D

140952[/snapback]

:D:thumbup::yesyes:

But that might work in real life. However, the only problem would be against a 5 man mid-field, but this would be good when playin at gome against weaker opposition. When we need to get goals quickly. Its worth a try in friendlies!

Dublin taking the peno, i would of gave it rab douglas over him :), dublin isnt exactly known for his goal scoring is he :)... tbh if i was the manager i would of gave it williams :)

140976[/snapback]

Nah, i can't complain with Dion being given it, he was ace at penalties with Cov, probably took a few with Villa too. Shame he missed but these things happen, he wouldn't be first choice penalty taker next season anyway ;)

De Vries reminded me a lot of Heskey last night in the way he powered past players with strength and acceleration making chances for himself, but we do need someone like Connolly alongside him that can shape an opening and shoot from around the box. Williams looked a lot better last night and more up for the physical battle with Neil Lennon (Legend). Sylla was hot and cold, I liked his tricks and skills and aerial ability but at times he left Maybury 3 on 1 at the back while he just hung in the centre. Nils Eric Johansson is premiership class, that was evident last night in the way he handled Hartson.

sounds like were going for the pace option then :D . I believe that all we will do if they are up front is hoof long balls to them. surely we want to keep the ball on the ground and get it out to wingers like sylla. im really excited about what he has to offer us after the celtic performance. i think that we should play dublin and connoly up front.

i was watching the game last night and de vries looked really good but the player i was most impressed with was momo sylla.

140968[/snapback]

DeVries looked good but he didn't score. Dublin took the penalty and it was shit.

We missed an early penalty last year and it cost us momentum.

There were lots of good things to enthuse over but a zero scoreline at home is the same problem we've had for ages. How many times do I have to spell it out?. We need a striker who lives for goals (including penalties when they arise).

140968[/snapback]

DeVries looked good but he didn't score. Dublin took the penalty and it was shit.

There were lots of good things to enthuse over but a zero scoreline at home is the same problem we've had for ages. How many times do I have to spell it out?. We need a striker who lives for goals (including penalties when they arise).

141206[/snapback]

I agree but dont worry CL will sort something, he just needs time to get the right player in.

140968[/snapback]

141206[/snapback]

I still think Connolly will be our man - His scoring record at Wimbledon says it all.

140968[/snapback]

141206[/snapback]

I still think Connolly will be our man - His scoring record at Wimbledon says it all.

141439[/snapback]

yep had a year to settle in, was playing basically upfront on his own when De Vries was around and still managed to score 7 in his last 11/12 games. Great form lets hope he carries it into next season, i expect 15-20 goals :)

Archived