Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Fans need to accept the current situation.

There is no satisfaction in this for me - i am a Leicester City fan and don't give a toss who manages us as long as they do a good job. The signs were there last season and have been replicated this. Even our great run was not actually that great, certainly not sustained enough, and the reliance on unproven players that Nige hopes will become good on a consistent basis is worrying.

You absolute fibber.

Someone who has often knifed Nige and the owners with glee, who has stated in a very recent post he judges things by mostly written posts here and the odd televised match.

If you actually ever did go down you would notice the difference between this team and Sven's or Sousa's team.

Your like a Xmas footballing Grinch :xmastongue:

Our squad, whether you like it or not is currently not up to standard to challenge for promotion, today we played a team who in my opinion not only have a better first 11 than ours but also have a much better squad. e.g

I agree with most apart from this. Cardiff are top and we had 18 shots to their 4, while also having 65% of the possession. We were the far better team but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net during that particular game, with the only difference being that Bellamy is a top class finisher and got into a great position to score a difficult goal. We're more than a match for any team in the division, and I really think the only thing we are missing is a top class striker. I've got no doubt we will be top 6 at the end of the season and be fully deserving to go up as anyone else in the league. Still not ruling out top 2 at this point as there's a long way to go and we have proved we are as good as any team in the division.

Truth is they were no better than us, the difference was in the manager one was tactically superior to the other. End of.

I don't think that is the difference. Our tactics gave us 18 shots and 65% of possession compared to their 35% and 4 shots. We hit the woodwork a number of times and they had one real chance which a player who could be playing at the top of the premier league clinically finished. The difference was a bit of luck and a top class striker. We did everything we could have to win and on another day we would have been 3-0 up inside 20 minutes but luck just wasn't on our side.

Our squad, whether you like it or not is currently not up to standard to challenge for promotion, today we played a team who in my opinion not only have a better first 11 than ours but also have a much better squad. e.g

I agree with most apart from this. Cardiff are top and we had 18 shots to their 4, while also having 65% of the possession. We were the far better team but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net during that particular game, with the only difference being that Bellamy is a top class finisher and got into a great position to score a difficult goal. We're more than a match for any team in the division, and I really think the only thing we are missing is a top class striker. I've got no doubt we will be top 6 at the end of the season and be fully deserving to go up as anyone else in the league. Still not ruling out top 2 at this point as there's a long way to go and we have proved we are as good as any team in the division.

I don't think that is the difference. Our tactics gave us 18 shots and 65% of possession compared to their 35% and 4 shots. We hit the woodwork a number of times and they had one real chance which a player who could be playing at the top of the premier league clinically finished. The difference was a bit of luck and a top class striker. We did everything we could have to win and on another day we would have been 3-0 up inside 20 minutes but luck just wasn't on our side.

We played today?

We have had luck when we play teams and failed to capitalise . Millwall just lost 3-0 to Ipswich lost at home to Barnsley but still beat us . Leeds lost 6-1 to Watford 5-1 to Chelsea beat us . Cardiff came after losing to Peterborough . Its current form that counts not where they are in the table. Pearson says before every away game that it is a difficult place to visit.

And his tactics to remedy being one nil down ? baffling is the ony word to describe it.

Totally agree with everything you say.

You never hear Everton fans complaining because they only finish between 4 and 12 season upon season, and over the last 2-3 seasons have proved to be an average premier league side. never heard of any 'moyes out' comments.

People seem to forget that we are very close to being a very good top-end championship side, and very far away from being an average one. Even in our poor performances against milwall and leeds (cannot really include palace because they played better attacking football than when we played man city in the cup) we only lost to a solitary goal and could quite possible have got a point.

I have been to every league game this season and can quite confidently say we have not been 'outclassed' by any stretch of the imagination.

Last season we lacked quality and work ethic, this season we lack neither of these but we do lack depth, something which can only be improved over time.

People often criticise Nigel about his tactics, his ego and his attitude in the press, but what you cannot fault is his determination to succeed, and more importantly, his determination to succeed at our club. Nigel knows we need depth, and along with his great backroom staff (walsh and shakey), lets hope he can add these players.

The rumours of wood, mckay and possibly trotter sound extremely promising to many fans and a lot of us agree at least 2/3 would be good signings, and the other a potentially good signing but a risk. So why are we still criticizing NP?

Not sure Everton are the best example!! The fact its the premiership they are finishing 4th -12th in is the difference. I dont think you would see any City fan complain if this was the case with us.

I`m not sure why we should accept it myself. People keep on saying "we need time", etc, but do Watford need time? How can some cash and a decent manager transform them from mid-lower table dross to genuine contenders for the play offs?

I for one find it difficult to accept the situation when we make tactical errors like the Lingard / Futacs one, when we sell all our centre back cover prior to the start of the season, when we have to put totally average players like Lingard on the bench because the midfield cover ( Danns -- proven championship midfielder ) is sent on loan.

Why is it not noticed that Drinkwater and King together is too lightweight for the physical games?

I think we are far too accepting. But from what I hear the Thai owners are not. 3 wins from 11 is not anywhere near good enough. The decent little run we had has ,masked this. We were top, now we are ten points off that! All the people saying we played well etc in every game...so what? It`s points that matter.

No, we have every right to expect better.

in my whole life ive never accepted anything other than the best . and when i get my wallet out , i want my monies worth too ! i actually demand that and thats how its staying you loser ! what is right is right , what is wrong is wrong !

I presume you accepting only the best is a recent thing, as you clearly didn't apply that in your English classes at school.

What a knob you are, picking on a poster's English skills as though it somehow makes you superior. The worst kind of person. Your own English isn't so hot, I've noticed. Just let people disagree with you and when they do use your brain and think up a coherent argument in response.

In case you need help with that, "do you have a sponge for a brain?" doesn't count and speaks only of your own inability to engage in intelligent debate.

What a knob you are, picking on a poster's English skills as though it somehow makes you superior. The worst kind of person. Your own English isn't so hot, I've noticed. Just let people disagree with you and when they do use your brain and think up a coherent argument in response.

In case you need help with that, "do you have a sponge for a brain?" doesn't count and speaks only of your own inability to engage in intelligent debate.

:o

lol lol

Awwww diddums, someone is upset. Didn't you get any presents for Christmas?

That fact he is clearly talking shit about only accepting the best. Case in point the fact he cannot punctuate, if it was true he wouldn't write like that. And don't give me crap about him being dyslexic, the usual bs response.

Secondly, knowing the poster somewhat better than you. He has and always will attack the manager. He will use anything going to take pot shots, true or not.

As for sponge for a brain. Fair enough, I was pissed and it was wasn't fair.

It wasn't even meant for the person I quoted ha. That's what 9 stellas on an empty stomach does for you I'm afraid.

You quoted acooling, whether you meant to or not, I reckon it was a fair assessment. (To be fair though, it sounded like you were just talking about people who wanted us to sack the manager in general).

Oh and seeing as you are the forum guardian of intelligent debate I wondered what your take on his other post was?

what you see thru blue tinted glasses is different to 20/20 vision d/head ! i dont accept 2nd best . why should i you d/head ! i will never enjoy watching city play poorly , thats for the likes of you . it hurts me . do you lick bum too ??

Was it him calling someone a "dickhead" or asking whether he "licked bum" that you felt was sufficiently intelligent for this board and didn't need a lecture from you?

Oh and seeing as you are the forum guardian of intelligent debate I wondered what your take on his other post was?

Was it him calling someone a "dickhead" or asking whether he "licked bum" that you felt was sufficiently intelligent for this board and didn't need a lecture from you?

I didn't claim the title but thanks for offering it.

His previous posts being full of rubbish doesn't make your previous one any less so. I had no intention of excusing his bad English. I'm just not petty enough to think it's important. Why do you care if somebody uses punctuation? You don't; it was just an excuse to have a dig. If the bloke's a **** then call him out on it. Using his English to get one in is just cowardly. Some people are brighter than others. I just think it's unfair to use it as a stick with which to beat people.

I didn't claim the title but thanks for offering it.

His previous posts being full of rubbish doesn't make your previous one any less so. I had no intention of excusing his bad English. I'm just not petty enough to think it's important. Why do you care if somebody uses punctuation? You don't; it was just an excuse to have a dig. If the bloke's a **** then call him out on it. Using his English to get one in is just cowardly. Some people are brighter than others. I just think it's unfair to use it as a stick with which to beat people.

I don't make a point of picking on people's English. It was done to highlight the flaw in his I accept nothing but the best rubbish.

Hey col you pointed out my pissed up spelling mistake. So I think that also makes you the worst kind of person also!!! Ha ha

"also makes you the worst kind of person also", and Babylon has apparently been singling people out for poor grammatical capability. He is a lager drinker, which probably explains a lot.

Almost forget, Pearson is no better than average as a manager. Below average as a tactician. Does not understand the absolute importance of having a strong midfield in this league, did not understand in his earlier tenure at Leicester either, which suggests he probably never will.

Almost forget, Pearson is no better than average as a manager. Below average as a tactician. Does not understand the absolute importance of having a strong midfield in this league, did not understand in his earlier tenure at Leicester either, which suggests he probably never will.

He must be bloody lucky to keep finding his sides competing for play-off places then.

I know it's a bit late to throw an opinion on the Cardiff match but I was concerned how when we made substitutions in previous games they have been the same players swapped every time. No change in our style of play to combat our shortfalls. We were playing the longball game against Cardiff...... a team which was already winning everything in the air, we really should have swapped Vardy for Futacs so it at least gives us a fighting chance of winning something in the air. King should have been replaced for James to try and take the pressure off our already strained defence and I think that would have at least made us a bit more competitive.

Once again, I know it's late and I'm sorry.

I know it's a bit late to throw an opinion on the Cardiff match but I was concerned how when we made substitutions in previous games they have been the same players swapped every time. No change in our style of play to combat our shortfalls. We were playing the longball game against Cardiff...... a team which was already winning everything in the air, we really should have swapped Vardy for Futacs so it at least gives us a fighting chance of winning something in the air. King should have been replaced for James to try and take the pressure off our already strained defence and I think that would have at least made us a bit more competitive.

Once again, I know it's late and I'm sorry.

I'm afraid it's too late to say you are sorry. :D

Archived