Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Fans need to accept the current situation.

The simple facts are just 4 points from a possible 15 over the last 5 games, be lucky to get anthing at hull, even at Burnley so if we end up after Christmas achieving just 4 out of 21 we'll probably be out off the Play-off places and completely out of touch with auto promotion. I'm sure the owners will almost certainly be making plans and the transfer window for players, just also might include a manager.

Major mistake the players regressed into that style of game, Morgan sunk down to Whitbread & Koncheskey's level of passing, anyway Cardiff would have loved Futacs coming on - They'd have lapped that up sort of thing up until the end of time.

Knocky will get subbed every single game he loses discipline and leaves the RB exposed to attack after attack, in first halves when we're on the front foot it doesn't matter so much but in second halves when the games get more stretched he's a liability of a RM (not that I'd play him there, but that's a different debate, being an RM is the job he's in the team to do). RDL seems to tbe getting the criticism for this, but it's clearly the person in front of him. Happens all the time. If Knocky's picked as an RM he needs to play as one so if he cuts in to allow RDL to overlap (which is great, Knocky does more in the middle and RDL is useful on the overlap) then he needs to gain his shape on the flank as soon as we lose possession

Dyer was the mistake sub for me, our left flank is a our most productive by a long way, although it's certainly been dented since Konch's return to the team

Vardy was another mistake, we really flattened after he went off, Nugent despite a couple of individual chances wasn't really doing much for the team and he perahs should have gone, especially with fixtures coming thick & fast over the next week or so.

Hang on, they lappped up what we actually did do til the end of time.

Like it or not, we'd have a better chance of causing them problems yesterday had we thrown a big man on. I don't like us pumping it aimlessly forward, but with nobody on with the quality to play through them, that was what we were reduced to. Their centre backs were dealing with everything - Nugent and Waggy were never going to make anything of the balls we were playing forward, and neither was Vardy. Futacs would have at least had a chance.

I don't think taking Vardy off was a mistake. He wasn't doing much by that point and I feel the loss of energy in the whole team was purely coincidental. In fact, I thought we stepped up the tempo for 5 minutes when Waggy came on, but ultimately we ran out of puff and ideas.

As for Knocky, we were just as open and susceptible to the break after he went off. In any case, we were chasing the game and he was the most likely player to conjure something. Dyer did not give me the same impression at all. I'm not saying I would have hauled him off either necessarily, I thought King and Drinkwater were becoming increasingly pointless in the middle and one of them should have made way.

I fully expected a top 2 position before yesterdays game.A top team should have taken almost maximum points in recent fixtures.

In football anything can happen but you pay top manager salaries to improve the odds of success.

Yesterdays heroic defeat does not excuse the previous poor results.

For a team with our resources and potential, no home defeat in the lower leagues can EVER be described as "heroic". Especially when we effectively throw in the towel with 20 minutes to go, just as we did at Millwall the previous week.

There is a serious character flaw with the current team. It won't be solved by the manager and most of the posters on here burying their heads even deeper in the sand.

I said it when we started loaning out the likes of Gallagher, Beckford, Wellens and Danns, even though I think they aren't good enough, with those off our books, our depth has looked worrying. We only have 19-20 players, you can't count Wellens and Gallagher as they ain't in the team, St Ledger is injured and so is Michael Keane.

Our depth and our quality is slightly worrying me, the players we have on the bench due to quality and current form especially Ben Marshall in form the aspect, does not fill me with confidence. Bringing on Lingard and Marshall today didn't fill me with confidence, Lingard has hardly featured for us and seems a pretty pointless player to have, while Marshall even though he does have that bit of magic, is seriously off form, he was meant to be one of our key players this season, yet he isn't living up to his potential, he has gone backwards instead of forwards, and his form is a worrying sign. Waghorn will most likely start against Hull, therefore Vardy will be on the bench, yet even if we bring him on from the bench, he is another player that doesn't fill me with confidence, also Futacs people have been calling for him to start, but when you are sitting at 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, is he capable of scoring a goal and changing the game.

I think teams in this division have much better back up than us, one game in particular strikes me probably because my mum is a Watford fan, but when we played them, we had Gallagher, Danns, Futacs, Schlupp and an off form Waghorn on the bench then, how many of those strike you with confidence and make you think, of yes he is capable of changing the game? In my opinion none of them. Watford had Matej Vydra on the bench that day, their top goalscorer at the time(and still is for that matter), and also Anya and Geijo who have done well for them this season. Cardiff today had Noone, Cowie, Gunnarsson and Mason on the bench, all of which are capable of doing a job in Cardiff's starting eleven.

Millwall the other week, had Chris Taylor on the bench - ended up scoring the winner and Andy Keogh who has impressed Millwall fans, we had the same old names like Futacs, Schlupp and Lingard.

Our depth and our back up isn't good enough i'm afraid.

you're are quite right about our depth and back-up not being great, but I don't see how NP has had the time to correct that.

Last season he brought in marshall, morgan and drinky. All who can arguably make a stake for our first eleven.

In the summer we then bought in de laet, whitbread, knocky.

Yes, he has also brought in the likes of vardy who is still yet to repay the fee we paid for him, but he has been less of a waste than the money spent on beckford and mills. He may come good, he may not, but I for one am glad that NP took the risk, but you have to ask yourselves if he was here 6 months earlier would we have got Le Fondre??

He has also brought in futacs and lingard on loan. We know we havent seen a lot from these two so far but futacs is only 22, even if we developed him and sent him on loan or 2-3 seasons he would only be 25, lets give him a chance as i cannot see him being a high earner coming from pompey. Then there is lingard who hasnt exactly impressed as of yet, but United rate him highly, and remember the last highly rated youngster they gave us?? yes that is right Tom Cleverly. He also may prove to be a poor signing, but all managers make them, look at fergie wasting 7 million on bebe, who has less chance of implementing himself into the first team than oscar pretorious.

You can criticise Pearson all you like, but what we lack with our squad is depth, and what we need in place for the depth is a manager who can spot a good signing.

We all know he can spot a good center back - hoobs, morgan, chester, whitbread (still has more to offer and looks decent), and even wayne brown who was a great signing for us, even though he gets criticized.

He also has a great eye for a midfielder - koren, drinky, davies, cleverly, developing king and giving him his chance.

He likes his wingers - marshall, dyer, knocky.

We need to give this guy jan and the summer to fully turn our squad into one which can compete for the autos. We didnt have the cash to do a complete rebuilding squad in the summer, we need to move out beckford, konch, gally, wellens, danns and then we can add 4-5 players into the squad which will actually compete for the first team unlike these players.

Cardiff were fortunate enough to have a level headed manager which wide knowledge (just like NP) when they inherited the riches of their owners, unfortunately for us sven decided to splash too much cash.

when you compare the £ 3 million spent on beckford and the £4-5 million on mills with the signings malky mackay has made

bellamy - free (yes i understand that he wanted to move home)

mason - 250,000

turner - 750,000

gunnarsson - free

helguson - free

cowie - free

These signings alone just show how we can sign the players we need on the decreased budget we now have.

For a team with our resources and potential, no home defeat in the lower leagues can EVER be described as "heroic". Especially when we effectively throw in the towel with 20 minutes to go, just as we did at Millwall the previous week.

There is a serious character flaw with the current team. It won't be solved by the manager and most of the posters on here burying their heads even deeper in the sand.

He's a Hull fan who has sadly moved here from Talking Balls.

At the OP, I agree and disagree, we don't need to accept the current situation, but we also don't need to be whiny little cvnts for outplaying yet losing to the top of the league.

We should all be disappointed at the recent results, and we should have expected more from the Barnsley and Cardiff games based on the performance we gave, and (by all accounts) we should have expected a better performance against Millwall.

The Millwall game is more worrying, I still maintain that playing well and not getting the result is better than playing badly and getting a lucky result, at this stage of the season, and looking at the long term, which some fans seem unable to do, for example the cheap Cardiff players listed above may help us in the short term, but a young hungry player learning his trade will be more beneficial in the long run.

I agree that promotion is the objective, but it doesn't necessarily mean today, tomorrow, or even (in my opinion) this season, this side will be better next season, and the season after, if that is how long it takes to go up, then I won't be unhappy. What will make me unhappy is seeing weak lacklustre performances and players that don't give a shit and are only here for the money.

This team and these players can become Leicester greats if we have patience, give them time, forgive them the odd poor performance and bad result and not chop and change and undo all the work of the last 12 months and rebuild this team again.

you're are quite right about our depth and back-up not being great, but I don't see how NP has had the time to correct that.

Last season he brought in marshall, morgan and drinky. All who can arguably make a stake for our first eleven.

In the summer we then bought in de laet, whitbread, knocky.

Yes, he has also brought in the likes of vardy who is still yet to repay the fee we paid for him, but he has been less of a waste than the money spent on beckford and mills. He may come good, he may not, but I for one am glad that NP took the risk, but you have to ask yourselves if he was here 6 months earlier would we have got Le Fondre??

He has also brought in futacs and lingard on loan. We know we havent seen a lot from these two so far but futacs is only 22, even if we developed him and sent him on loan or 2-3 seasons he would only be 25, lets give him a chance as i cannot see him being a high earner coming from pompey. Then there is lingard who hasnt exactly impressed as of yet, but United rate him highly, and remember the last highly rated youngster they gave us?? yes that is right Tom Cleverly. He also may prove to be a poor signing, but all managers make them, look at fergie wasting 7 million on bebe, who has less chance of implementing himself into the first team than oscar pretorious.

You can criticise Pearson all you like, but what we lack with our squad is depth, and what we need in place for the depth is a manager who can spot a good signing.

We all know he can spot a good center back - hoobs, morgan, chester, whitbread (still has more to offer and looks decent), and even wayne brown who was a great signing for us, even though he gets criticized.

He also has a great eye for a midfielder - koren, drinky, davies, cleverly, developing king and giving him his chance.

He likes his wingers - marshall, dyer, knocky.

We need to give this guy jan and the summer to fully turn our squad into one which can compete for the autos. We didnt have the cash to do a complete rebuilding squad in the summer, we need to move out beckford, konch, gally, wellens, danns and then we can add 4-5 players into the squad which will actually compete for the first team unlike these players.

Cardiff were fortunate enough to have a level headed manager which wide knowledge (just like NP) when they inherited the riches of their owners, unfortunately for us sven decided to splash too much cash.

when you compare the £ 3 million spent on beckford and the £4-5 million on mills with the signings malky mackay has made

bellamy - free (yes i understand that he wanted to move home)

mason - 250,000

turner - 750,000

gunnarsson - free

helguson - free

cowie - free

These signings alone just show how we can sign the players we need on the decreased budget we now have.

The likes of Beckford and Mills were Sven's fault he got us in the mess. Cardiff have made some shrewd signings, the players you mention for them I would take most of them at Leicester, there bench was much better than ours on Saturday.

Our depth isn't good enough, we can't rely on 19-20 players this season because it won't get us anywhere I don't think. Vardy isn't good enough yet, while Futacs realistically may well be leaving in January.

Pearson knows what he wants, and like you said he has made some very good signings for Hull and Leicester in the past, he needs to do the same again in January.

I think we need 3-4 players, to make our line up/bench stronger, having Futacs, Vardy, Lingard, Schlupp on the bench week in week out just isn't strong enough, other teams have much better back up than us. If we brought 3-4 players in, then some of them could make the bench stronger, or we could drop the likes of Konchesky, Dyer, King, Knockaert and Waghorn some weeks, having them on the bench would give me much more confidence, rather than seeing Futacs, Vardy, Lingard and Schlupp on the bench.

The hypocrisy on here just gets worse.

Why should we 'have to accept the current situation'?

Only a few weeks ago we were top and most people were posting on the 'points we'll gain' in December thread' that we would win most of the games. Now we haven't done so well, we should all apparently 'accept it' as if it was bound to happen that we would drop off.

There's nowt so fickle as football fans. Make a prediction, nail your colours to the mast and live with the consequences.

Personally I think the owners demand promotion. I like Nigel Pearson but he better start getting it right soon (not in terms of our current position but in terms of a team that looks like its improving, not getting worse) because I wouldn't be shocked if he's given the push before too long. The recent run of results have been dreadful.

The sheep amongst you out there will of course bah 'heresy'.... Burn the Pearson hater!!! Because I'm not playing ball and now suddenly agreeing that we 'weren't really that good anyway'... We have no 'divine right' to promotion, to coin a phrase.

No, I've always liked Pearson... But he better start showing something before too long or God knows what merry-go-round we'll be on next? Actually one that I will finally just get off I think...

HYPOCRISY!!!!????

Aren't you the same person slating me on another thread for asking how we turn around this bad run of form because you see it as getting at Pearson????

I've just done a quick google search for 'Pearson Automatic Promotion'. Within the last few days alone he has stated that the top two is his aim.

I should bloody well hope so too. I would hope every manager in the league is aiming for 1st. What you aim for, what you'd be happy with, what you'd settle for are three different things...

in my whole life ive never accepted anything other than the best . and when i get my wallet out , i want my monies worth too ! i actually demand that and thats how its staying you loser ! what is right is right , what is wrong is wrong !

Why don't you **** off and support Man United or Man City then? They'll probably give you more bang for your buck. I don't support City because I want to see the best football, or because I demand success - I support Leicester City because this is my football club, my city and there is no way I'll ever support anyone else. AI support City because I love watching them play - winning promotion, beating every team every week, that's not important to me - as long as my team has players and a manager I can be proud if, playing decent football and showing signs of improvement, that's enough for me. And that's certainly what I'm seeing this season.

what you see thru blue tinted glasses is different to 20/20 vision d/head ! i dont accept 2nd best . why should i you d/head ! i will never enjoy watching city play poorly , thats for the likes of you . it hurts me . do you lick bum too ??

nobody enjoys watching their team play poorly, but lets face it all fans have to take the bad with the good.

If you cannot accept second best then why follow football??? No team in world football wins every single game, so everyone is always at least 2nd best.

what you see thru blue tinted glasses is different to 20/20 vision d/head ! i dont accept 2nd best . why should i you d/head ! i will never enjoy watching city play poorly , thats for the likes of you . it hurts me . do you lick bum too ??

Jesus you must be miserable, because I'm pretty sure you are at least second 10,000th best at everything you do, I bet the only place you ever come first is in the bedroom :P .

That is not an insult, me too, we are average people, we support an average to good team from an average City, and I always come first in the bedroom, but she comes second, third and fourth.

I think you need to readjust your expectations or stop supporting Leicester, because the majority of us would be ecstatic if we finished second best in any competition.

As for never enjoy watching city play poorly, me neither, but I've not seen us play poorly this season, admittedly I have only seen about 10 games and missed what were our worst performances at Millwall, Leeds and Palace home, but even then neutral reports don't paint it as bad as the people on here.

Jesus you must be miserable, because I'm pretty sure you are at least second 10,000th best at everything you do, I bet the only place you ever come first is in the bedroom :P .

That is not an insult, me too, we are average people, we support an average to good team from an average City, and I always come first in the bedroom, but she comes second, third and fourth.

I think you need to readjust your expectations or stop supporting Leicester, because the majority of us would be ecstatic if we finished second best in any competition.

As for never enjoy watching city play poorly, me neither, but I've not seen us play poorly this season, admittedly I have only seen about 10 games and missed what were our worst performances at Millwall, Leeds and Palace home, but even then neutral reports don't paint it as bad as the people on here.

Totally agree with everything you say.

You never hear Everton fans complaining because they only finish between 4 and 12 season upon season, and over the last 2-3 seasons have proved to be an average premier league side. never heard of any 'moyes out' comments.

People seem to forget that we are very close to being a very good top-end championship side, and very far away from being an average one. Even in our poor performances against milwall and leeds (cannot really include palace because they played better attacking football than when we played man city in the cup) we only lost to a solitary goal and could quite possible have got a point.

I have been to every league game this season and can quite confidently say we have not been 'outclassed' by any stretch of the imagination.

Last season we lacked quality and work ethic, this season we lack neither of these but we do lack depth, something which can only be improved over time.

People often criticise Nigel about his tactics, his ego and his attitude in the press, but what you cannot fault is his determination to succeed, and more importantly, his determination to succeed at our club. Nigel knows we need depth, and along with his great backroom staff (walsh and shakey), lets hope he can add these players.

The rumours of wood, mckay and possibly trotter sound extremely promising to many fans and a lot of us agree at least 2/3 would be good signings, and the other a potentially good signing but a risk. So why are we still criticizing NP?

Hearing boos ringing around the KP after a game in which we more than matched the team top of the league, our fans need to get real.

I am not an objector to booing and have myself booed leicester in the pass. My reason for doing this was from what my eyes were showing me, and that was a team of players who didnt put in a shift or even care about the club and the results. Against cardiff, especially for the first 20 minutes we started great, all players fighting for the ball, trying to create chances for the team, and even though for the other 70 mins despite not reaching the same level of performance, the effort was still there, even during periods where our players were extremely tired.

Sometimes we need to be realistic about where we are at the moment. NP came in last year with a huge rebuilding job on his hands, just like that he had at hull. He needed to get the players off the books who were not earning their wage, i have nothing against having players earning 30-40k a week, but their performances must match their paycheque.

Our squad, whether you like it or not is currently not up to standard to challenge for promotion, today we played a team who in my opinion not only have a better first 11 than ours but also have a much better squad. e.g.

Helguson - probably the most experienced target man in this league, who has also netted a few in the past few years.

bellamy - probably capable of reaching the highlest level of performance of any player within this league. Even more importantly he can play anywhere across the front line.

whittingham - a great creative player, just like the two above, offers something we dont have.

Add these to the likes of mcnaughton, hudson, turner, marshall, gestede, cowie, gunnarsson, joe mason, jordan mutch, to name just a few shows how much depth their squad has with regards to quality in comparison to ours.

Many have said this season we are missing defensive cover, someone in the midfield to win the ball back and a natural goalscorer. And i agree with all of this. But what people have failed to mention is our lack of creativity in the middle of the park. Neither king or drinky ever seem able to find that killer pass, drinky is good at retaining the ball but appears to be better at passing the ball to the flanks rather through the middle of the pitch.

We undoubtedly need at least 4-5 players in to get to the level we want to be at in the league. There is no doubt we have been putting in some great performances, and occasionally some very average ones, but that is football and all teams do. Just look at how poorly United and city have played this season, but still find themselves in the top 2 of the premier league.

The lack of quality we have is seen by our inability to win games when playing poorly, and more importantly the inability to win games while even playing well. Many of our fans use the excuse 'we are unlucky and are playing well'. Winning isnt about luck, the ability to put the ball in the back of the net rather than hit the post is a skill not luck.

I seriously hope over the january NP looks to sign at least the 1-2 players he wants, as another building job over the summer is not what we need. The squad is too small to consider promotion in my opinion, at least in terms of quality.

Truth is they were no better than us, the difference was in the manager one was tactically superior to the other. End of.

Yeah. A couple of bad results, a dip in form and people are writing off our manager and calling for him to be sacked. If they want to do that, it's their prerogative, but I take a more long term view of things. Seeing our team playing good football, with a good manager at the helm and being entertained is more important to me than promotion at all costs - A couple of bad results doesn't change that. In fact, before this bad run in, we had two of our best results of the season against Ipswich and Derby.

I also love the fact that people come on here and moan because people defend the team and the manager. You moan because apparently we don't take your views into account and you moan because we 'blindly' defend Pearson and the team. Well the absolute same applies to you lot - you don't take OUR views into account and a lot of you (and I'm actually not suggesting you here Col) blindly criticise the manager regardless of what happens. If anyone says they think Pearson is doing a good job and they think we're having a good season they get jumped on by the anti-Pearson brigade, labelled as sheep, labelled as idiots... The self righteous smug tone that you lot take is far worse than anything we give you back in return - I'm talking Arthursteppe, seenitall, DANGEROUSTIGER... The list could go on and on.

I haven't been posting on here recently for this very reason. It is difficult to not sound smug when over one year after you said that Nige had lost his mojo he still appears to have. There is no satisfaction in this for me - i am a Leicester City fan and don't give a toss who manages us as long as they do a good job. The signs were there last season and have been replicated this. Even our great run was not actually that great, certainly not sustained enough, and the reliance on unproven players that Nige hopes will become good on a consistent basis is worrying.

You can keep the faith in the fella but like all managers he will get judged on results and his recent form is everything as bit as poor the form the got the last two guys sacked - he is one thumping (tomorrow??) away from the chop. Equally if he can win the next two or three he may get to the end of the season. It is Niges team that have put him in this position.

Archived