Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Fans need to accept the current situation.

Hearing boos ringing around the KP after a game in which we more than matched the team top of the league, our fans need to get real.

I am not an objector to booing and have myself booed leicester in the pass. My reason for doing this was from what my eyes were showing me, and that was a team of players who didnt put in a shift or even care about the club and the results. Against cardiff, especially for the first 20 minutes we started great, all players fighting for the ball, trying to create chances for the team, and even though for the other 70 mins despite not reaching the same level of performance, the effort was still there, even during periods where our players were extremely tired.

Sometimes we need to be realistic about where we are at the moment. NP came in last year with a huge rebuilding job on his hands, just like that he had at hull. He needed to get the players off the books who were not earning their wage, i have nothing against having players earning 30-40k a week, but their performances must match their paycheque.

Our squad, whether you like it or not is currently not up to standard to challenge for promotion, today we played a team who in my opinion not only have a better first 11 than ours but also have a much better squad. e.g.

Helguson - probably the most experienced target man in this league, who has also netted a few in the past few years.

bellamy - probably capable of reaching the highlest level of performance of any player within this league. Even more importantly he can play anywhere across the front line.

whittingham - a great creative player, just like the two above, offers something we dont have.

Add these to the likes of mcnaughton, hudson, turner, marshall, gestede, cowie, gunnarsson, joe mason, jordan mutch, to name just a few shows how much depth their squad has with regards to quality in comparison to ours.

Many have said this season we are missing defensive cover, someone in the midfield to win the ball back and a natural goalscorer. And i agree with all of this. But what people have failed to mention is our lack of creativity in the middle of the park. Neither king or drinky ever seem able to find that killer pass, drinky is good at retaining the ball but appears to be better at passing the ball to the flanks rather through the middle of the pitch.

We undoubtedly need at least 4-5 players in to get to the level we want to be at in the league. There is no doubt we have been putting in some great performances, and occasionally some very average ones, but that is football and all teams do. Just look at how poorly United and city have played this season, but still find themselves in the top 2 of the premier league.

The lack of quality we have is seen by our inability to win games when playing poorly, and more importantly the inability to win games while even playing well. Many of our fans use the excuse 'we are unlucky and are playing well'. Winning isnt about luck, the ability to put the ball in the back of the net rather than hit the post is a skill not luck.

I seriously hope over the january NP looks to sign at least the 1-2 players he wants, as another building job over the summer is not what we need. The squad is too small to consider promotion in my opinion, at least in terms of quality.

I said it when we started loaning out the likes of Gallagher, Beckford, Wellens and Danns, even though I think they aren't good enough, with those off our books, our depth has looked worrying. We only have 19-20 players, you can't count Wellens and Gallagher as they ain't in the team, St Ledger is injured and so is Michael Keane.

Our depth and our quality is slightly worrying me, the players we have on the bench due to quality and current form especially Ben Marshall in form the aspect, does not fill me with confidence. Bringing on Lingard and Marshall today didn't fill me with confidence, Lingard has hardly featured for us and seems a pretty pointless player to have, while Marshall even though he does have that bit of magic, is seriously off form, he was meant to be one of our key players this season, yet he isn't living up to his potential, he has gone backwards instead of forwards, and his form is a worrying sign. Waghorn will most likely start against Hull, therefore Vardy will be on the bench, yet even if we bring him on from the bench, he is another player that doesn't fill me with confidence, also Futacs people have been calling for him to start, but when you are sitting at 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, is he capable of scoring a goal and changing the game.

I think teams in this division have much better back up than us, one game in particular strikes me probably because my mum is a Watford fan, but when we played them, we had Gallagher, Danns, Futacs, Schlupp and an off form Waghorn on the bench then, how many of those strike you with confidence and make you think, of yes he is capable of changing the game? In my opinion none of them. Watford had Matej Vydra on the bench that day, their top goalscorer at the time(and still is for that matter), and also Anya and Geijo who have done well for them this season. Cardiff today had Noone, Cowie, Gunnarsson and Mason on the bench, all of which are capable of doing a job in Cardiff's starting eleven.

Millwall the other week, had Chris Taylor on the bench - ended up scoring the winner and Andy Keogh who has impressed Millwall fans, we had the same old names like Futacs, Schlupp and Lingard.

Our depth and our back up isn't good enough i'm afraid.

Agreed about the lack of depth. I thought Nigel got his subs wrong again today but even so I just don't see an obvious move that would fill me with hope when we're chasing the game. We don't have players on the bench who I believe will change the game for us. Clearly we should have brought Futacs on considering the way we were playing/being forced to play, but that's because he's a big man, not because I think he's a game-changing kind of player who will produce a moment of quality. Marshall can produce quality when on form (which he isn't) but not in a game like that. He's not going to earn an awful lot of space for himself out of nowhere, not when we're playing like that up against such discipline.

I don't think we're a mile away though. There was a point where our starting 11 were looking unstoppable. They should be able to get that form back, I'm not sure what the problem is, it may be a number of different problems if we're talking about a number of individuals. It's clear we need at least 2 players, maybe more, we need better options from the bench and we need better competition for places. And we need people who will offer something different if things aren't going our way. I think this will help the form of our current players as well as adding strength to the squad directly.

The play-offs is still very realistic, we need to do better, but we're capable. The top 2 looks a long way off but another good run and it could be possible again. I've faith in Pearson, he's making mistakes himself but he's done more good than bad for this club and I believe he'll get it right again.

Lets all just not panic, and see what NP's got up his sleeve.

Agreed about the lack of depth. I thought Nigel got his subs wrong again today but even so I just don't see an obvious move that would fill me with hope when we're chasing the game. We don't have players on the bench who I believe will change the game for us. Clearly we should have brought Futacs on considering the way we were playing/being forced to play, but that's because he's a big man, not because I think he's a game-changing kind of player who will produce a moment of quality. Marshall can produce quality when on form (which he isn't) but not in a game like that. He's not going to earn an awful lot of space for himself out of nowhere, not when we're playing like that up against such discipline.

I don't think we're a mile away though. There was a point where our starting 11 were looking unstoppable. They should be able to get that form back, I'm not sure what the problem is, it may be a number of different problems if we're talking about a number of individuals. It's clear we need at least 2 players, maybe more, we need better options from the bench and we need better competition for places. And we need people who will offer something different if things aren't going our way. I think this will help the form of our current players as well as adding strength to the squad directly.

The play-offs is still very realistic, we need to do better, but we're capable. The top 2 looks a long way off but another good run and it could be possible again. I've faith in Pearson, he's making mistakes himself but he's done more good than bad for this club and I believe he'll get it right again.

But does bringing on Futacs strike you with confidence, do you think if we brought him on we would have scored.

In my opinion like I said, we need better options to come off the bench, Lingard, Schlupp, Futacs and Vardy are not good enough to feature on the bench week in week out. Having James on the bench is of course understandable and I think he is a good player, Marshall can make an impact but he is seriously off form, but having the four names mentioned above on the bench week in week out, doesn't fill me with confidence. We need to replace those players with better, or when we get players in drop the likes of Waghorn, Dyer, Knockaert, King to the bench some weeks, having those players on the bench would fill me with better confidence, than having the likes of Lingard, Futacs, Schlupp and Vardy on the bench for the rest of the season.

But does bringing on Futacs strike you with confidence, do you think if we brought him on we would have scored.

In my opinion like I said, we need better options to come off the bench, Lingard, Schlupp, Futacs and Vardy are not good enough to feature on the bench week in week out. Having James on the bench is of course understandable and I think he is a good player, Marshall can make an impact but he is seriously off form, but having the four names mentioned above on the bench week in week out, doesn't fill me with confidence. We need to replace those players with better, or when we get players in drop the likes of Waghorn, Dyer, Knockaert, King to the bench some weeks, having those players on the bench would fill me with better confidence, than having the likes of Lingard, Futacs, Schlupp and Vardy on the bench for the rest of the season.

No, that's what I mean. I thought he was the best man we had for the job in today's particular game, but I still wouldn't have been full of hope if he had come on.

We need better, I want to feel belief that if we bring a striker on he's got a goal in him. If we bring a midfielder on, I want to believe he can thread a killer pass or skin someone and create a bit of space.

Vardy, Futacs and Waggy have their strengths but they're not the kind of players you want to put your faith in if we're desperate for a goal. And when King and Drinkwater aren't on it, I'm really not sure who we can replace them effectively with.

The hypocrisy on here just gets worse.

Why should we 'have to accept the current situation'?

Only a few weeks ago we were top and most people were posting on the 'points we'll gain' in December thread' that we would win most of the games. Now we haven't done so well, we should all apparently 'accept it' as if it was bound to happen that we would drop off.

There's nowt so fickle as football fans. Make a prediction, nail your colours to the mast and live with the consequences.

Personally I think the owners demand promotion. I like Nigel Pearson but he better start getting it right soon (not in terms of our current position but in terms of a team that looks like its improving, not getting worse) because I wouldn't be shocked if he's given the push before too long. The recent run of results have been dreadful.

The sheep amongst you out there will of course bah 'heresy'.... Burn the Pearson hater!!! Because I'm not playing ball and now suddenly agreeing that we 'weren't really that good anyway'... We have no 'divine right' to promotion, to coin a phrase.

No, I've always liked Pearson... But he better start showing something before too long or God knows what merry-go-round we'll be on next? Actually one that I will finally just get off I think...

If there is one thing we know about Nigel it's that he is very thorough when it comes to the game. Our lack of depth most likely has something to do with Sven silly spending spree, hence why they brought in Nigel again to sort out the mess he had left behind!

We are in a much better place than we were last season, and can only improve.

Anyone booing yesterday should have been ashamed of themselves. I've never booed, but if there was a case for it, it would be for a team that didn't try. You can't say that yesterday; we ran the league leaders ragged most of the match and at the end they were more than a little fortunate to get all three points.

royal-blue-moon-on-a-stick-dark-background-t-shirts_design.png

Only a few weeks ago we were top and most people were posting on the 'points we'll gain' in December thread' that we would win most of the games. Now we haven't done so well, we should all apparently 'accept it' as if it was bound to happen that we would drop off.

There's nowt so fickle as football fans. Make a prediction, nail your colours to the mast and live with the consequences.

Personally I think the owners demand promotion. I like Nigel Pearson but he better start getting it right soon (not in terms of our current position but in terms of a team that looks like its improving, not getting worse) because I wouldn't be shocked if he's given the push before too long. The recent run of results have been dreadful.

The sheep amongst you out there will of course bah 'heresy'.... Burn the Pearson hater!!! Because I'm not playing ball and now suddenly agreeing that we 'weren't really that good anyway'... We have no 'divine right' to promotion, to coin a phrase.

No, I've always liked Pearson... But he better start showing something before too long or God knows what merry-go-round we'll be on next? Actually one that I will finally just get off I think...

I posted in the first points we'll gain thread. All predictions which at the time seemed perfectly reasonable given our form and our opponents form at the time. That's not being hypocritical. You and I were saying pretty much the same thing pre-season and our predictions were only 1 place apart. So far, it's turned out that we're not far wrong with the standard of the squad and what we were missing. I do think however that we're not that far off being a very good team. For me, this is not the time to be considering sacking another manager, we don't want to waste the whole transfer window looking for a new boss. Nearer the end of the season is the time for discussion on that subject and only if it becomes clear we're going nowhere. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and wait to see who we get in Jan and how that works out.

Completely agree with this and with most of your posts, actually.

I think it's a bit silly criticising the fans for booing. It isn't something I do myself but fans having high expectations is down to the owners and the management. Both have said that automatic promotion is the aim and we're well short. People can't be blamed for being disappointed. Instead of slagging the fans off, perhaps those in charge should be more measured?

Not that I think we shouldn't aim for promotion. Those who like to remind us how well we are doing should in turn be reminded that our current position is at the low end of our historical average. A club our size should expect to be aiming for promotion from this level or battling for survival in the one above. We will sometimes do better than that, sometimes worse, but where we are now should be considered a disappointment in a historical context.

I like Pearson but don't buy into the praise he gets for the job he is doing now and the one he did before. Winning League One was expected. Not doing so would have been a failure. Reaching the play offs the following season was a success only in the context of where we had come from but not in the context of what we should be aiming for as a club. I feel for the younger supporters for whom that has been as good as they've seen. The job Pearson is doing now is an average one. No better, no worse. We are within the expected range, albeit at the lower end. I suspect the owners - who I can't claim to be a fan of - want a bit more than average. Their spending certainly suggests as much. I think two defeats in the next two might well mean the end of Nige.

I fully expected a top 2 position before yesterdays game.A top team should have taken almost maximum points in recent fixtures.

In football anything can happen but you pay top manager salaries to improve the odds of success.

Yesterdays heroic defeat does not excuse the previous poor results.

Nigel will always be good at Championship 7th-14th type management but I cannot see him leading a team on a sustained charge to the very top.£1 million a year?

He actually seems like a nice guy and I am pleased he now has financial security due to this contract

Completely agree with this and with most of your posts, actually.

I think it's a bit silly criticising the fans for booing. It isn't something I do myself but fans having high expectations is down to the owners and the management. Both have said that automatic promotion is the aim and we're well short. People can't be blamed for being disappointed. Instead of slagging the fans off, perhaps those in charge should be more measured?

Not that I think we shouldn't aim for promotion. Those who like to remind us how well we are doing should in turn be reminded that our current position is at the low end of our historical average. A club our size should expect to be aiming for promotion from this level or battling for survival in the one above. We will sometimes do better than that, sometimes worse, but where we are now should be considered a disappointment in a historical context.

I like Pearson but don't buy into the praise he gets for the job he is doing now and theone he did before. Winning League One was expected. Not doing so would have been a failure. Reaching the play offs the following season was a success only in the context of where we had come from but not in the context of what we shoud be aiming for as a club. I feel for the younger supporters for whom that has been as good as they've seen. The job Pearson is doing now is an average one. No better, no worse. We are within the expected range, albeit at the lower end. I suspect the owners - who I can't claim to be a fan of - want a bit more than average. Their spending certainly suggests as much. I think two defeats in the next two might well mean the end of Nige.

Exactly the aim the manager and the owners have stated is automatic promotion we are short of that target atm so questions have to be asked of the manager and whether he can deliver that.

We have 1.6 points per game not good enough atm.

There's a difference between wanting more and booing. How are you going to attract players, or give them cause for loyalty, when we play Cardiff off the park for 70 minutes, hit the woodwork three times, run our socks off and get fvcking booed by a lot of mindless idiots?

We were rubbish in their box. We were rubbish in the last 15 minutes. Morgan and Drinkwater were poor, which made building from the back difficult. I'm not making excuses for that. But we weren't lazy, and we weren't utter crap.

If the loudest noise we can make all game is the booing at the end, we don't deserve to be in this league, let alone getting promoted. Embarrassed.

Yeah. A couple of bad results, a dip in form and people are writing off our manager and calling for him to be sacked. If they want to do that, it's their prerogative, but I take a more long term view of things. Seeing our team playing good football, with a good manager at the helm and being entertained is more important to me than promotion at all costs - A couple of bad results doesn't change that. In fact, before this bad run in, we had two of our best results of the season against Ipswich and Derby.

I also love the fact that people come on here and moan because people defend the team and the manager. You moan because apparently we don't take your views into account and you moan because we 'blindly' defend Pearson and the team. Well the absolute same applies to you lot - you don't take OUR views into account and a lot of you (and I'm actually not suggesting you here Col) blindly criticise the manager regardless of what happens. If anyone says they think Pearson is doing a good job and they think we're having a good season they get jumped on by the anti-Pearson brigade, labelled as sheep, labelled as idiots... The self righteous smug tone that you lot take is far worse than anything we give you back in return - I'm talking Arthursteppe, seenitall, DANGEROUSTIGER... The list could go on and on.

Exactly the aim the manager and the owners have stated is automatic promotion we are short of that target atm so questions have to be asked of the manager and whether he can deliver that.

We have 1.6 points per game not good enough atm.

Well no, both have stated that PROMOTION is the aim, not automatic.

Yeah. A couple of bad results, a dip in form and people are writing off our manager and calling for him to be sacked. If they want to do that, it's their prerogative, but I take a more long term view of things. Seeing our team playing good football, with a good manager at the helm and being entertained is more important to me than promotion at all costs - A couple of bad results doesn't change that. In fact, before this bad run in, we had two of our best results of the season against Ipswich and Derby.

I also love the fact that people come on here and moan because people defend the team and the manager. You moan because apparently we don't take your views into account and you moan because we 'blindly' defend Pearson and the team. Well the absolute same applies to you lot - you don't take OUR views into account and a lot of you (and I'm actually not suggesting you here Col) blindly criticise the manager regardless of what happens. If anyone says they think Pearson is doing a good job and they think we're having a good season they get jumped on by the anti-Pearson brigade, labelled as sheep, labelled as idiots... The self righteous smug tone that you lot take is far worse than anything we give you back in return - I'm talking Arthursteppe, seenitall, DANGEROUSTIGER... The list could go on and on.

:appl:

Lets evaluate the situation NP he had 30 odd games last season to get us into the playoffs he didn't rightly or wrongly then the consensus was reached he needed his own team and to have the pre season to mold his team capable of getting automatic promotion this season that is the prerogative we are underachieving atm.

Well no, both have stated that PROMOTION is the aim, not automatic.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8341193/Leicester-manager-Nigel-Pearson-says-his-side-are-still-chasing-automatic-promotion

Manager Nigel Pearson insists defeat to Millwall has not affected Leicester's automatic promotion plans.

The Foxes lost more ground on the Championship's top two with Saturday's 1-0 loss at The Den, leaving them five points behind second-placed Crystal Palacespacer.gif and a further two points adrift of league leaders Cardiff.

"We are still well in the shake-up," said Pearson, whose team are fifth in the table.

"It is very tight above us. I have a good handle on the perspective.

"It was a missed opportunity against Millwallspacer.gif but we are in and amongst it."

Leicesterspacer.gif host Cardiff at the weekend before a Boxing Day trip to fourth-placed Hull, Pearson's former club.

The Foxes boss added: "We have two games coming up and, if we beat them, we can make a big impact because they are teams around us in the table."

Lets evaluate the situation NP he had 30 odd games last season to get us into the playoffs he didn't rightly or wrongly then the consensus was reached he needed his own team and to have the pre season to mold his team capable of getting automatic promotion this season that is the prerogative we are underachieving atm.

Did YOU think we would get automatic this year?

Major mistake the players regressed into that style of game, Morgan sunk down to Whitbread & Koncheskey's level of passing, anyway Cardiff would have loved Futacs coming on - They'd have lapped that up sort of thing up until the end of time.

Knocky will get subbed every single game he loses discipline and leaves the RB exposed to attack after attack, in first halves when we're on the front foot it doesn't matter so much but in second halves when the games get more stretched he's a liability of a RM (not that I'd play him there, but that's a different debate, being an RM is the job he's in the team to do). RDL seems to tbe getting the criticism for this, but it's clearly the person in front of him. Happens all the time. If Knocky's picked as an RM he needs to play as one so if he cuts in to allow RDL to overlap (which is great, Knocky does more in the middle and RDL is useful on the overlap) then he needs to gain his shape on the flank as soon as we lose possession

Dyer was the mistake sub for me, our left flank is a our most productive by a long way, although it's certainly been dented since Konch's return to the team

Vardy was another mistake, we really flattened after he went off, Nugent despite a couple of individual chances wasn't really doing much for the team and he perahs should have gone, especially with fixtures coming thick & fast over the next week or so.

Archived