Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Pearson's Job Security and the Owners' Expectations

Absolutely unbelievable!

To go from the club that Jack Walker built to this fookin shambles.

Not so much built as bought. I always hated the way he single handedly changed the face of football with his throwing the money around ' everyone had to follow suit and Walker is one of the main reasons we are having to pay such rediculous ticket prices today. I hope they do a Coventry. :angry:

Not so much built as bought. I always hated the way he single handedly changed the face of football with his throwing the money around ' everyone had to follow suit and Walker is one of the main reasons we are having to pay such rediculous ticket prices today. I hope they do a Coventry. :angry:

Yeah me too, I can't stand Blackburn for the same reason.

Two of possibly the most ridiculous posts I've read in a long time. Flowy! I'm shocked. Waller.. well I guess not..

Jack Walker was born in Blackburn and invested millions of his own money into building up what was a dilapidated old club and ground. He was loved and revered amongst 'his own' and brought success to the club like they'd never had before. He is NOTHING like the current owners. Never was, never will be.

Wash yer mouths out the pair of ya...

lol

Two of possibly the most ridiculous posts I've read in a long time. Flowy! I'm shocked. Waller.. well I guess not..

Jack Walker was born in Blackburn and invested millions of his own money into building up what was a dilapidated old club and ground. He was loved and revered amongst 'his own' and brought success to the club like they'd never had before. He is NOTHING like the current owners. Never was, never will be.

Wash yer mouths out the pair of ya...

lol

He was the first person to buy a title and ruined football as it was and made it what it is today.

Ridiculous.

He put money into the local club he loved.

Hats off to him I say. He also came across as a very hard working 'local boy made good'.

Yep, hat's off to him, if you like the current state of football. The short termism that you so vocally dislike is in no small part down to Walker's millions being pumped into Blackburn to buy a title for a club not big enough to win it without.

In short the FFP is the eventual reaction to what he started. Happy days.

Yep, hat's off to him, if you like the current state of football. The short termism that you so vocally dislike is in no small part down to Walker's millions being pumped into Blackburn to buy a title for a club not big enough to win it without.

In short the FFP is the eventual reaction to what he started. Happy days.

You're taking rubbish.

Do you not think massive money has been pumped into Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Glasgow Celtic and Rangers etc etc for decades?

Walker had it, so he used it. My main point was he used it for his LOCAL club, where he was born and for whom he was a fan as a kid.

Pah.. Can't be doing with ya.

You're taking rubbish.

Do you not think massive money has been pumped into Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Glasgow Celtic and Rangers etc etc for decades?

Walker had it, so he used it. My main point was he used it for his LOCAL club, where he was born and for whom he was a fan as a kid.

Pah.. Can't be doing with ya.

No you don't understand as usual.

Man Utd ..... a capacity of 60000+, with waiting lists for season tickets ..... same at the other clubs you quote.

Blackburn when he took over 20-25000 Capacity. It certainly didn't feel any bigger than filbert st. The toilets were a wall that you pissed against at the back of the ram shackle old stand.

No continuing investment that had BUILT (your word ironically) a club over decades.... but just a sudden input of massive amounts of cash over a few seasons to BUY success.

Oddly enough if you were a little more open minded it's exactly what you criticise about our current situation but done on a massive scale. However you're too black and white a thinker to realise the hypocrisy of your usual opinionated tripe.

Titles have always been bought, one way or another. The cash amounts might be bigger now but the sport hasn't been amateur for a long, long time and ever since profesionalism the best players have followed the most money. The big difference these days is that a select few have the most money and hoard all the best players. The likes of Jack Walker aren't to blame for that. He had some money and spent it on something he loved. He is akin to somebody like David Whelan, another great owner, and a world away from the likes of Abramovich and even our owners who are in the game for nothing but prestige and profit. If you want to blame something look at the Sky-sponsored 'football began in 1992' culture or the behemoth Champion's League designed to load dice in favour of the big boys and line the pockets of men like Mansour.

Titles have always been bought, one way or another. The cash amounts might be bigger now but the sport hasn't been amateur for a long, long time and ever since profesionalism the best players have followed the most money. The big difference these days is that a select few have the most money and hoard all the best players. The likes of Jack Walker aren't to blame for that. He had some money and spent it on something he loved. He is akin to somebody like David Whelan, another great owner, and a world away from the likes of Abramovich and even our owners who are in the game for nothing but prestige and profit. If you want to blame something look at the Sky-sponsored 'football began in 1992' culture or the behemoth Champion's League designed to load dice in favour of the big boys and line the pockets of men like Mansour.

:thumbup:

Yeah it's true ..... Just Jack Walker's buying of the title proved it could work. He was a factor behind money ruining football .... but just a factor.

I still stand by what I said. Although he was not soley to blame he was at the very root of every thing that is wrong in football today. He had some money ? he had millions and millions and once he had paid rediculous fees and wages for the likes of sutton and shearer the agents started to move in big time. Does anyone think the likes of Sutton and Shearer would have played for a piss pot club like Blackburn if he had not paid them over the top wages ?

i think if we dont start closing the gap between us and the top two very soon pearson will be gone. I just hope IF they do get rid they get somebody in who has a bit of charisma, il cry if dowie is linked again. I always wanted zola

Annoying_no_gif.gif

I think the activity (or in-activity) of the owners so far suggests their faith in NP. Unlike last season, they've a taken a sort of backseat approach to the club now and seem to just be letting the manager get on with it and let him run the show.

Yep - They're obviously confident

They're here for the long haul, they want promotion of course, have never put a time limit on it - unlike most people on here who seem happy to put words in the owner's mouth, making out the owners think this or think that... just because it suits the point the commenter is making.

They realised their mistake in getting someone vastly unsuitable for the league, they realised their mistake in allowing things to become unsustainable - they've rectified both their mistakes with their managerial appointment and as long as the curve is upwards I'm sure he'll be here for the duration of his contract.

The overwhelming majority of the signings are all yet to reach their prime so will continue to grow & improve together & could have long careers at the club.

Tellingly, NP has been given money to reinforce the squad in January... This sort of spending is usually restricted to certain goals being met - it's safe to say he's met them. Compare that with the Blackburn & Forest situation who got rid of their managers immediately prior to the 'spending period'.

It's obvious he's going nowhere - so every ****ing idiot on here may as well just pull in the same direction as everybody else and stop projecting their own opinion on "what the owners will do"

We've seen what they'll actually do - in giving NP money to spend - which speaks volumes about their choice of manager through to at least the summer.

They did put a time limit in place, which is why Sven was sacked. You must have been asleep or on holiday perhaps. In the circumstances perhaps you should be more careful when you deride other posters!

They're here for the long haul, they want promotion of course, have never put a time limit on it - unlike most people on here who seem happy to put words in the owner's mouth, making out the owners think this or think that... just because it suits the point the commenter is making.

They realised their mistake in getting someone vastly unsuitable for the league, they realised their mistake in allowing things to become unsustainable - they've rectified both their mistakes with their managerial appointment and as long as the curve is upwards I'm sure he'll be here for the duration of his contract.

The overwhelming majority of the signings are all yet to reach their prime so will continue to grow & improve together & could have long careers at the club.

Tellingly, NP has been given money to reinforce the squad in January... This sort of spending is usually restricted to certain goals being met - it's safe to say he's met them. Compare that with the Blackburn & Forest situation who got rid of their managers immediately prior to the 'spending period'.

It's obvious he's going nowhere - so every ****ing idiot on here may as well just pull in the same direction as everybody else and stop projecting their own opinion on "what the owners will do"

We've seen what they'll actually do - in giving NP money to spend - which speaks volumes about their choice of manager through to at least the summer.

They did put a time limit in place, which is why Sven was sacked - he was slipping outside the allotted schedule. Maybe you were asleep or on holiday. In any event perhaps you should be more circumspect when you deride other posters.

Archived