Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Pearson's Job Security and the Owners' Expectations

This isn't about whether or not you want Pearson out; there's plenty of that elsewhere. I suppose what I'm asking is what you reckon it would take for him to be shifted.

Personally I think a poor return from the next two and being out of the top six by New Year's Day would result in Pearson getting the push. I think they want promotion this season and any sign that it's slipping away will see them pull the trigger. Again, I'm not asking what you'd do but what you think will happen.

Financial Fair Play rules will result in all club owners being less trigger happy, because the cost of paying up managerial contracts, added to the likely squad overhaul that follows, could easily tip any club into not meeting the financial targets that have been set

I'm yet to be convinced that FFP rules will be properly enforced but even if they are club owners will just include clauses in a manager's contract to guard against that. A sacking threshold, if you like: if you dip below xth in the league we can sack you without paying the whole contract up, for instance. Even without that for a club in our position owners might look upon an expensive sacking as a worthwhile gamble. A couple of million to sack an underperforming manager is nothing if it results in tens of millions from promotion to the Premier League.

Owners want at least the play-offs I think, and if we tail away from them over the next 2-3 months then I believe he will be gone.

Suddenly slip to around 10-12th place, when we were in a pretty stable and commendable position, will most likely spark a change in management again unfortunately.

But of course that isn't going to happen, because he knows how to bring the best out of the team, and knows what changes need to be made.

There are plenty of better managers on the market right now.

Another defeat by Burton (one was too many!) will force the owners' hand, especially if we're out of contention for a top-2 finish next month.

I don't think he'll go at least until the end of the year and I for one have got fed up with the managerial merrygoround. I think he needs at least this season and perhaps next to judge him properly. I just wondered who it was you thought were 'the better managers' that are currently available on the market who would realistically want to manage Leicester?

The owners business objective after their massive investment is Premier League next season, and like any commercial business if the management is'nt delivering results, they get quickly removed. LFC is no different and the vast sums they will get from the Premier League will be a neccessity not an option. If the next two games are lost NP will be shown the door.

I don't think he'll go at least until the end of the year and I for one have got fed up with the managerial merrygoround. I think he needs at least this season and perhaps next to judge him properly. I just wondered who it was you thought were 'the better managers' that are currently available on the market who would realistically want to manage Leicester?

The same man i wanted instead of NP .... Di Matteo. And it's not that unrealistic.

I'm also fed up of worrying about whether he will be sacked, interesting what top said in his programme notes, saying that while the christmas period is important, it won't define our season, maybe willing to give him the season, providing we stay in and around the top 6

The same man i wanted instead of NP .... Di Matteo. And it's not that unrealistic.

He's a fair shout I'll agree, though I thought I'd read that he's been offered a job in Germany (can't remember who). A mate who's a WBA st holder rated him and said that his poor run there was mostly due to injuries. He also added however that his aloofness had alienated a majority of the players, possibly he's one of those like Roy Keane who expects everyone to be as good as him. After his exploits with Chelsea however I would have thought that he may have his sights set a bit higher than us.

This isn't about whether or not you want Pearson out; there's plenty of that elsewhere. I suppose what I'm asking is what you reckon it would take for him to be shifted.

Personally I think a poor return from the next two and being out of the top six by New Year's Day would result in Pearson getting the push. I think they want promotion this season and any sign that it's slipping away will see them pull the trigger. Again, I'm not asking what you'd do but what you think will happen.

People like you are using your opinion of what the owner's expectations are to force your point.

It's not what you think the owners will do at all, it's just another way to create a pointless Pearson out thread.

All they've said is they want promotion, they've been at pains to say it doesn't have to be in any particular season, eg. it doesn't HAVE to be this season.

They've also said something about being sustainable. Funny how no one mentions that?

Personally I couldn't give a feck what you think the owners will do, thankfully you're not them and that's not what they'll do.

They seem to have learned their lesson by bringing someone like NP in.

Who is not only capable of challenging, but also capable of doing so in a sustainable fashion.

From their takeover money which got added to the 'slate' and the £20 odd million the previous manager spunked up the wall on weak, unsuitable average players who combined into an average team on signing fees, wages & agents we're about £60m in the red... and rising

If we change managers who will inevitably change players yet again we won't have a club to make stupid threads about.

We can't have 'all change' every year

a) HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING, IT DOESN'T WORK

2) We can't have that AND get under the FFP ceiling, we're over it as, and that's without having to pay off the contracts of a whole management team AND fork out for someone else, who inevitably will want 9-12 players themselves all costing fees + wages + agents, along with paying off contracts of people who are on too good a deal for their ability meaning we'll struggle to get rid - Beckford, Wellens, Gally, Danns, Konchesky etc & etc

iii) We're not only (generally) a newly formed team in the summer gone, but we're young, meaning the longer the players are together the more they'll grow as a team & the better they'll get as they accrue experience

The last thing the club needs is all-change, undoing all the good work that has been done and the upward curve this season has brought us.

but please, people need to stop hiding what they think should happen, behind what they think the owners will do - coincidently(!) it's the same point their making, just with a different title.

I genuinely think they probably have someone monitoring the foxestalk opinion polls, and will only sack Pearson if/when the fans want him sacked. The general opinion of a few hundred fans is probably as good a guideline as you're likely to get in the art of when to sack a manager. They've shown after the Redknapp thing and the demand for a statement which they fulfilled that they will act on fans demands. When the general opinion of the fans swings towards sacking Pearson. that's when he'll be sacked.

At least this is what i hope.

People like you are using your opinion of what the owner's expectations are to force your point.

It's not what you think the owners will do at all, it's just another way to create a pointless Pearson out thread.

All they've said is they want promotion, they've been at pains to say it doesn't have to be in any particular season, eg. it doesn't HAVE to be this season.

They've also said something about being sustainable. Funny how no one mentions that?

Personally I couldn't give a feck what you think the owners will do, thankfully you're not them and that's not what they'll do.

They seem to have learned their lesson by bringing someone like NP in.

Who is not only capable of challenging, but also capable of doing so in a sustainable fashion.

From their takeover money which got added to the 'slate' and the £20 odd million the previous manager spunked up the wall on weak, unsuitable average players who combined into an average team on signing fees, wages & agents we're about £60m in the red... and rising

If we change managers who will inevitably change players yet again we won't have a club to make stupid threads about.

We can't have 'all change' every year

a) HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING, IT DOESN'T WORK

2) We can't have that AND get under the FFP ceiling, we're over it as, and that's without having to pay off the contracts of a whole management team AND fork out for someone else, who inevitably will want 9-12 players themselves all costing fees + wages + agents, along with paying off contracts of people who are on too good a deal for their ability meaning we'll struggle to get rid - Beckford, Wellens, Gally, Danns, Konchesky etc & etc

iii) We're not only (generally) a newly formed team in the summer gone, but we're young, meaning the longer the players are together the more they'll grow as a team & the better they'll get as they accrue experience

The last thing the club needs is all-change, undoing all the good work that has been done and the upward curve this season has brought us.

but please, people need to stop hiding what they think should happen, behind what they think the owners will do - coincidently(!) it's the same point their making, just with a different title.

I don't want him sacked you thick ****.

This is an absolutely pointless conversation, none of us know how long the owners are going to give him, it's just destined to decsend into a conversation about whether or not you think he should be sacked. We can only hope that they're sensible, because we've got very little say in who manages our football club.

Nice response to a lengthy thought out reply.

Who's the thick cvnt?

Your response was lengthy but not particularly well thought out. The reason for me starting the thread is explained in the OP. The problem here is your poor level of reading comprehension. My intelligence is not in question.

There are plenty of better managers on the market right now.

Another defeat by Burton (one was too many!) will force the owners' hand, especially if we're out of contention for a top-2 finish next month.

Which is, of course, the reason they are out of work. :rolleyes:

Imo he should get this season minimum, were going to have a couple of players coming in which will need time to get settled. I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt here by the end of the season though but you never know they might have a two or three year plan he defo needs time.

Archived