Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Pearson's Job Security and the Owners' Expectations

See, I never thought he should have come back.....not because I didn't like him when he was here before, it was a mistake getting rid the first time, but he has not been remotely succesful in the past two and half seasons apart from a good home run this season for about 7 games. Once that bubble burst he seems to have reverted to type and is clearly struggling.

I started to think ai was wrong about him when he got things going but now I am wondering whether he has it in him. I don't see many games but from reading reports on here ( and trying to balance the wildly polaric views) and the few games seen on the telly I reckon some of the players we have now aren't up to it and unfortuntaley that buck will stop with Nige and Nige alone.

A year plus into his new reign and although 5th is an improvement, because of the downwards trajectory since the heady days of being top, I don't think he'll survive dropping out of the top 6, which with the next game being Hull (who have actually improved a lot since Nige left) looks imminent.

God knows what will happen after that.

Di Matteo won the champions league last season anyone who seriously thinks he will step down to the championship after that clearly hasn't a clue, he has served his aprentership in the lower leagues and now will be able to pick and choose clubs from across Europe. He will not come to a club in the championship who sack mangers because they loose a game or two.

Pearson is trying to create something long term here hense the investment in youth supporters need to get a grip.

The op said it we shouldn't have lost as many as we have and surly that says its the players not Pearson? His tactics are allowing us to dominate games we just lack a finisher which will come in Jan.

No matter what happens between now and the end of the season, Pearson should still be the manager. If the owners decide to sack him now, the next manager will have about 5 months to get us in the Premier League, which is not long enough in my opinion considering if he has a different approach to organising the squad than Pearson does.

His remit will be to get us up this season and while we are in or within touching distance of at least the play offs there is no way they will get rid. If at the end of the season he has failed I am sure they will move on to soneone else.

Pearson can not moan if this happens as he is on a reported £1m a year.

I do hope the owners have learnt from their mistakes and NP gets at the very least until the end of the season.

I would love to see this team devlop over 5 years under NP, in Schmeichel, Moore, De Laet, Schlupp, Drinkwater, King, James, Knockaert, Marshall, Waghorn.

We have 10 players that will all be hitting their peaks in a few years time, if they can stay together, play together, learn together and develop together then in 5 years time we will have an awesome team.

They are not all there yet, and naivety has cost us points this season, but it takes time and chopping and changing managers, and making promotion or sacked demands will see this potentially exciting team be disrupted and disbanded and we will end up starting again.

Keep the faith, we just completely dominated top of the table, (I know we lost, but we were by far and away the better team).

I'm yet to be convinced that FFP rules will be properly enforced but even if they are club owners will just include clauses in a manager's contract to guard against that. A sacking threshold, if you like: if you dip below xth in the league we can sack you without paying the whole contract up, for instance. Even without that for a club in our position owners might look upon an expensive sacking as a worthwhile gamble. A couple of million to sack an underperforming manager is nothing if it results in tens of millions from promotion to the Premier League.

"If it results" - and how many changes of manager have resulted in promotion over the last 10 years

Club owners cannot insert anything into current contracts, however it is more likely for new contracts that managers will be offered rolling 12 month contracts, so the cost of removal is limited to 12 months salary.

Many fans still have not come to grips with FFP, if you look at NP's transfer activity it has focused on clearing out as many as possible high earners who aren't central to his plans and bringing in players at much lower costs, this is the effect of FFP and will also affect his January transfer activity, need to offload further salaries quickly to expand the options open to him

Another defeat by Burton (one was too many!) will force the owners' hand, especially if we're out of contention for a top-2 finish next month.

How many times have you ventured this half-arsed opinion in a post, Ultra? This is the second time I've read you post this and I've only been on this forum a few minutes.

How the fvck would we be out of contention of a top 2 spot next month you trouser-challenged idiot?

There are plenty of better managers on the market right now.

Another defeat by Burton (one was too many!) will force the owners' hand, especially if we're out of contention for a top-2 finish next month.

How would an FA Cup defeat prove to be the final straw if we're "out of contention"?

Do the owners value the FA Cup above the league then?

Look at the length of time other managers have needed to get us promoted to the top flight.

MON, Micky Adams, Gordon Milne - 1 season

Frank O'Farrell, Jock Wallace - 2 seasons

Brian Little - 3 seasons

This is Pearson's 3rd attempt in total to take us up. Some folk whinge about the legacy he inherited from Eriksson last year, but that side was strong enough to reach the top six, before a defeat at Hull sent us off the rails.

Could history be about to repeat itself? And if you were the owners, would you risk another £10m loss if we were forced to remain in the lower leagues for yet another season?

Look at the length of time other managers have needed to get us promoted to the top flight.

MON, Micky Adams, Gordon Milne - 1 season

Frank O'Farrell, Jock Wallace - 2 seasons

Brian Little - 3 seasons

This is Pearson's 3rd attempt in total to take us up. Some folk whinge about the legacy he inherited from Eriksson last year, but that side was strong enough to reach the top six, before a defeat at Hull sent us off the rails.

Could history be about to repeat itself? And if you were the owners, would you risk another £10m loss if we were forced to remain in the lower leagues for yet another season?

To be fair, those managers weren't doing the job with transfer windows with the exception of Adams. They could bring players in whenever they needed to and none of them had their hands tied by Sven's mismanagement and FFP. Adams promotion season was a bit of a minor miracle all things considered but he did have the bonus of a pretty good first team after being relegated. We can only compare Pearson fairly to managers that succeed him as he is the first one doing the job under the transfer window & FFP restrictions

it will never ever ever be a mistake to sack your team/manager if you replace them with better . its just getting in the better thats impossible to be right about . if pearson was replaced by rednapp and messi/ronaldo signed no one would moan one bit . its just harder to do than talk about . ifs and buts .

it will never ever ever be a mistake to sack your team/manager if you replace them with better . its just getting in the better thats impossible to be right about . if pearson was replaced by rednapp and messi/ronaldo signed no one would moan one bit . its just harder to do than talk about . ifs and buts .

I ****ing would. Don't want that overrated crook anywhere near my club.

People like you are using your opinion of what the owner's expectations are to force your point.

It's not what you think the owners will do at all, it's just another way to create a pointless Pearson out thread.

All they've said is they want promotion, they've been at pains to say it doesn't have to be in any particular season, eg. it doesn't HAVE to be this season.

They've also said something about being sustainable. Funny how no one mentions that?

Personally I couldn't give a feck what you think the owners will do, thankfully you're not them and that's not what they'll do.

They seem to have learned their lesson by bringing someone like NP in.

Who is not only capable of challenging, but also capable of doing so in a sustainable fashion.

From their takeover money which got added to the 'slate' and the £20 odd million the previous manager spunked up the wall on weak, unsuitable average players who combined into an average team on signing fees, wages & agents we're about £60m in the red... and rising

If we change managers who will inevitably change players yet again we won't have a club to make stupid threads about.

We can't have 'all change' every year

a) HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING, IT DOESN'T WORK

2) We can't have that AND get under the FFP ceiling, we're over it as, and that's without having to pay off the contracts of a whole management team AND fork out for someone else, who inevitably will want 9-12 players themselves all costing fees + wages + agents, along with paying off contracts of people who are on too good a deal for their ability meaning we'll struggle to get rid - Beckford, Wellens, Gally, Danns, Konchesky etc & etc

iii) We're not only (generally) a newly formed team in the summer gone, but we're young, meaning the longer the players are together the more they'll grow as a team & the better they'll get as they accrue experience

The last thing the club needs is all-change, undoing all the good work that has been done and the upward curve this season has brought us.

but please, people need to stop hiding what they think should happen, behind what they think the owners will do - coincidently(!) it's the same point their making, just with a different title.

mention the word PEARSON around cc star and he loses the plot!!!

Yeah, from the Champions League final to Leicester City - I'm sure he'd be desperate for the job.

Could be that Forest sacked SOD with someone lined up already - I hope it's not RDM. I agree with some that RDM would be a good choice if Pearson continues with his 1 step forward 2 back routine. A million quid salary and another for promotion might do it for most managers out of work. We already missed out on 'Arry - and before the knockers start, we all know he's not started pulling up trees yet at QPR but my bet is he'll buy/loan smart this month and turn it round. Pearson can't attract anyone decent it seems.

No goals scored in the last 3 games - 1 point from 9. Don't worry, we have Chris Woods to look forward to, that'll do it - well done yet again Pearson, one failed striker (Futacs) on his way out, another one in.

Cardiff are where they are because of a consistent development.O.K.,Dave Jones was moved on summer before last,after narrowly missing out on promotion. Mackay has built on that solid base, bought well and built a competitive squad. Mandaric left the Thais with a shambles by interrupting our similar development.

Svens lavish spending may have been exciting for a while but he never built a team.

Earlier this season signs were encouraging,we played with tempo and precision. The personnel is young,we have lost our way in recent games, probably confidence has been affected.Some addition in January to what is an inexperienced squad will,hopefully,help.

The owners need to be patient,as we fans have been.There are optimistic signs,consistency and converting chances need to come.

Don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater"

Di Matteo won the champions league last season anyone who seriously thinks he will step down to the championship after that clearly hasn't a clue, he has served his aprentership in the lower leagues and now will be able to pick and choose clubs from across Europe. He will not come to a club in the championship who sack mangers because they loose a game or two.

Pearson is trying to create something long term here hense the investment in youth supporters need to get a grip.

The op said it we shouldn't have lost as many as we have and surly that says its the players not Pearson? His tactics are allowing us to dominate games we just lack a finisher which will come in Jan.

Come on he got lucky. He inherited the side he did not build it. Even the final was a lucky win on penalties. Get real.

Why would any decent manager wish to take this on? Pearson signed cheaply to make up for Sven's attempts to buy a team that could hide his management failings. I didn't expect anything more than top 10 this season but would expect automatic promotion next term. I mean come on, were we a team that just needed tweaked? Signing the likes of Vardy was always going to be a gamble. I think a strong attacking midfielder who can run at centre backs and pass the ball close in is the kind of service Vardy would benefit from. I still rate the lad. He has struggled to cope because its his first season in this league so play him off the bench and he can have time to "see" the game tempo and adapt and next season he will be be a better player for it.

Pearson will get us where we need to be but you fickle bunch need to read the pro/anti Pearson posts again. The coalescence of results and opinions regarding pearson's future is comical!!

Archived