Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Burton Albion Player Ratings...

Kasper 7 - Great concentration to make that save towards the end of the first half

De Laet 8 - Love the way he tears up that right hand side game after game. Was our best wide outlet all game

Morgan 8 - Faultless, he and Keane dealt with the considerable figure of Zola very well

Keane 8 - As Morgan, had to be called back a few times by big Wes when he got carried away and wanted to play up front

Konch 7 - Got forward well when he could but seems happy to sit a bit deeper giving De Laet that freedom to push on

Marshall 6 - Too many hollywood passes from him today. Needs to keep things a bit simpler in his general play.

King 6.5 - Broke up play on numerous occasions and defended particularly well from set pieces. Unlucky not to find the corner with a typical driving run and shot. A bit sloppy at times though.

James 7 - A bit tidier in the pass than King and probably our best player at ensuring possession was retained for such long periods

Dyer 6 - Didn't seem to know where he was playing today. Worked hard but to be fair, their full back (Stanton?) had him in his back pocket first half.

Wood 7 - Great persistence on the ground on a few occasions, one of which got him his goal. Not as sparkling as Tuesday but still quality.

Futacs 6 - Not overly impressed, mixture of good and bad. His touch seemed worse than usual today.

Subs:

Knockaert 6 - Kept the ball moving nicely when he came on and didn't do anything other than help the team keep possession.

Nugent 6 - Didn't have to run about as much as he usually does but did the simple things well. One overly ambitious shot but nothing else of note.

Waghorn N/A - Can't say I noticed him do a lot during the period he was on.

Overall, an ideal outcome for NP. No injuries, safely through, a good run out for some fringe players and keeps the run of wins going.

Kasper= 8 (Did what he had to do well and couple of decent saves)

De Laet= 8 (Got forward well and good goal, never really threatened defensively)

Morgan= 8 (Nothing to do)

Keane= 8 (Impressive but didn't have much to do)

Konch= 7 (Not bad, good assist for the goal)

Marshall=6 (Wasn't in the game but was carrying a knock from the start I thought)

James= 8 (Another impressive performance) MOTM

King- 7 (Broke play up well)

Dyer= 6 (Did nothing)

Wood= 8 (Looks a class signing, brings players into the game and the first goal would have been all over SSN if RVP had scored it)

Futacs= 7 (OK game but nothing special)

Subs

Knocky= N/A

Nugent= N/A

Waghorn= N/A

Not gonna lie I got bored by the time the subs came on and kept checking the other scores on my phone

After all the fuss made about him, can someone give a full review of Futacs' performance?

Thanks

He did work hard, nothing really came off for him though. I wouldn't criticise him though.

Just to add: did anyone else see him trying to drive up Filbert Way after the game, when the road was full of fans? lol

Kasper 7 - commanded his area well and made a good save.

RDL 8 - Another good performance with a nice finish for his goal.

Konch 6 - supported the attack well. Rarely troubled.

Morgan 7 - solid as ever.

Keane 7 - another promising performance.

Marshall 6 - didn't do a lot.

Dyer 6 - scared to put his foot in. Like Marshall, didn't do a lot.

King 6 - efficient and kept the ball well.

James 7 - he's better with Drinkwater next to him but still played well.

Wood 7 - early goal scored by sheer determination.

Futacs 6 - hit the bar otherwise looked like he was going to fall over every time he moved.

Kasper 7 - commanded his area well and made a good save.

RDL 8 - Another good performance with a nice finish for his goal.

Konch 6 - supported the attack well. Rarely troubled.

Morgan 7 - solid as ever.

Keane 7 - another promising performance.

Marshall 6 - didn't do a lot.

Dyer 6 - scared to put his foot in. Like Marshall, didn't do a lot.

King 6 - efficient and kept the ball well.

James 7 - he's better with Drinkwater next to him but still played well.

Wood 7 - early goal scored by sheer determination.

Futacs 6 - hit the bar otherwise looked like he was going to fall over every time he moved.

This apart from I would have given James an 8 too, thought he mopped up some quite sloppy play from us at times in a way that goes unnoticed, really impressing me. Futacs was a little disappointing though he may have been trying too hard fo his 1st start in 29!

Instead of point scoring i will just note a few points i observed.

negatives

- Never thought i would say this but we need another winger, dyer looks like he has lost a yard of pace, whilst marshall has no confidence whatsoever, appeared to be playing defensive mid at times.

- Worst performance i have ever seen king give, only passes sideways or backwards, some of burtons midfielders looked more capable.

positives

- Wood looked great, bearing in mind he was up-front with a striker even less mobile than him. His goal reminded me of many of holts and lamberts goals in the championship, great touch on his chest, whilst holding off a defender, and comfortably slotted home. Set up the second aswell from keeping the ball from 4-5 burton players, he was marked by at least 2 players the whole time he was on the pitch.

- Matt james looks a class act, i dont believe he is that tough tackling midfielder we need, but his range and speed of passing is better than anyone else in the squad. Looks so much more composed now, think he has finally settled and on his recent performances it will be a while before king gets back into the starting 11.

- Keane also looks a class act at center half. Was probably our most consistent passer, never gave it away. Would like to know whether he could do a job as a defensive midfielder, the sort of role we tried to deploy bamba in towards the end of his time here. He certainly has the range of passing, and is comfortable dribbling with the ball. Compliments morgan well, as although morgans distribution isnt bad, keane's is much better. Was nice to see him doing a few John Terry esque runs into the box, another reason why i think he could fulfill the role of sitting in front of morgan and whitbread/SSL away from home.

De Laet was an absolute machine yesterday, probably our most effective attacking influence from the wings along with Konch. Marshall and Dyer never really managed to attack flanks, and Knockaert didn't offer a great deal when he came on (apart from a few moments of unnescessary smart-arsery that lost us the ball) - for De Laet to run himself into the ground and create an outlet really stood him out yesterday afternoon. I do sometimes feel we under-value Konch's work-rate because it's seen as 'standard' from him, I think he's fantastic, such an engine and seems to be causing more and more problems with his delivery. Was also seriously impressed with the speed in which James gets the ball, moves it on, and drives into space, looks a very clever player and a real asset now he's getting a consistent run.

I fancied having a look at Futacs given all the recent 'hype' about him but was really not impressed - looks so immobile, and fragile, a breeze could knock him over - not really what I was expecting from such a unit. Need to see more of him to cast a solid judgement obviously, won't be disregarding him on the one performance. King also never really got firing but showed glimpses of an in-form self, unlucky not to bag with a decent effort from 20 yards.

Keane and Morgan look a very tidy partnership at the back, I'm not particularly anti-Whitbread but Keane's composure on the ball compared to ZW is almost night and day, so refreshing to have two centre halves both continually looking to pass it from the back.

Schmeichel - 6 (Hardly anything to do)

De Laet- 8 (Again another fine performance)

Morgan- 7 (No issues)

Keane- 7 (Fine)

Konchesky- 7 (Let little through)

Dyer- 6 (Tried hard)

King- 7 (Ok)

James- 7 (Keeps improving)

Marshall- 6 (Drifted in and out)

Futacs- 6 (Not particularly great)

Wood- 7 (Lovely goal)

Archived