Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foz.foz

Atmosphere

It's that attitude that makes home games toss. If you're not prepared to sing on your own and make your voice heard you've no right to complain about how dire the atmosphere is.

Meh, I kind of have to accept it. You can blame me I suppose and I do look at myself sometimes and question why I don't sing at home but then I realise it would be utterly pointless to try. Sorry to put it bluntly but that's how it is. As I say, you don't get those sort of fans in the Leicester ends of other grounds

Meh, I kind of have to accept it. You can blame me I suppose and I do look at myself sometimes and question why I don't sing at home but then I realise it would be utterly pointless to try. Sorry to put it bluntly but that's how it is. As I say, you don't get those sort of fans in the Leicester ends of other grounds

One voice is better than none.

One voice is better than none.

I'd agree with you. But I must say I put my own appearance first in these situations - I don't particularly want to look like an anti-social pr*ck in front of everyone in exchange for virtually no contribution to the atmosphere. Desperately want to move to L/K block.

What's wrong with wimmin? We've got a couple of crackers (in terms of support...) on this very forum... Bit neanderthal-y to think that its only the 'lads' that want to support our boys.

*Waits for criticism about football being a working, male class game*

You wanna hear 200 women chanting. It's not a nice sound.

If you want atmosphere, go to away games!

Standing for 90 minutes with a majority male 16-30 attendance and singing your heart out is still hugely fun for me.

Forget it at home. Too many old boys, women and kids.

Oi!! I'm 61, and will be at Bristol with my lad and his mate, all 3 of us will be giving it large. It's the bloody kids who spend all day on their bloody phones that dont contribute. And as for women, took Mrs H to Cov last year, we were in J3, and she didnt stop singing all day, loved it! If the 'iphone generation' would give it up for a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon, the atmosphere(noise) would improve massively.

Oi!! I'm 61, and will be at Bristol with my lad and his mate, all 3 of us will be giving it large. It's the bloody kids who spend all day on their bloody phones that dont contribute. And as for women, took Mrs H to Cov last year, we were in J3, and she didnt stop singing all day, loved it! If the 'iphone generation' would give it up for a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon, the atmosphere(noise) would improve massively.

Agreed. I'm 26, but when I go to home games all the young lads seem to be more interested in checking their accumulators and sloping off for a beer ten minutes before the half's finished. I don't know why most of them bother going, they must miss about 20 minutes of the match with the time they spend in the concourse at the end of the first half and the start of the second.

Agreed. I'm 26, but when I go to home games all the young lads seem to be more interested in checking their accumulators and sloping off for a beer ten minutes before the half's finished. I don't know why most of them bother going, they must miss about 20 minutes of the match with the time they spend in the concourse at the end of the first half and the start of the second.

I shall let you in to a little secret they have live tv coverage of the game on the concourses. :thumbup:

It's that attitude that makes home games toss. If you're not prepared to sing on your own and make your voice heard you've no right to complain about how dire the atmosphere is.

Hmm. That's true to an extent, but after several attempts to get it going and no one joining in, I think you do have a right to say 'well at least I've tried which is far more than you can say for the hundreds around me'.

It's embarrassing and a bit demoralising if you're the only one singing, there's no point trying to deny it. And it doesn't count as any sort of atmosphere either.

It's quite understandable to get fed up with trying and getting nowhere.

Archived