Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foz.foz

Atmosphere

Not until standing is brought back will we ever reach the heights of those atmospheres again. I remember coming out of the Spion Kop with my ears ringing after a home game against Grimsby. You'd struggle to get a similar atmosphere at the King Power as it is in a local derby or in the Prem.

Sporting Blue

The Sporting Green was a Tigers bit at the back.

Yep, I was there.

You need standing, you need a tier above you to prevent the noise drifting away and you need a different attitude from stewards/police & especially fans.

Ah nostalgia! Whitlow, Mills, Thompson, ooo Tommy Wright, Kev the Rooster Russell (was he on loan)?

Claridge playing for Cambridge, he doesn't look any different!

and the Sporting Green, not blue. Second season and first full season supporting City.

Thanks for that.

Sporting Blue

The Sporting Green was a Tigers bit at the back.

Yep, I was there.

You need standing, you need a tier above you to prevent the noise drifting away and you need a different attitude from stewards/police & especially fans.

Wasn't it originally the Sporting Green before a change?

Beats "Nige out." "Nige in." "POLL: Should Pearson stay or go?". I think it's about time a lot more of our fans started questioning why our ground is a morgue.

Got to agree about the Pearson in/out. But every other thread seems to be about atmosphere, it's becoming more like 'foxesbore' than foxestalk on here lately!

Edit, after checking at time of posting this, apart from the 'pinned' topics, four of the next five are about atmosphere!

Got to agree about the Pearson in/out. But every other thread seems to be about atmosphere, it's becoming more like 'foxesbore' than foxestalk on here lately!

Edit, after checking at time of posting this, apart from the 'pinned' topics, four of the next five are about atmosphere!

so start a better thread then.

You're aware you don't have to read threads right?

p.s.

There are some priceless moments in this video.

Greavesy taking the piss out of Dublin's stupid hair, then if you skip it to 7:30 I think you will find the Birch in a dodgy suit chasing off some herbert who has come onto the pitch to celebrate with the players.

That was my first ever game!

ST holder ever since(This however will probably be my last year as one).

Like Mack says atmosphere will NEVER EVER be like them days.

you can have all the thredas you want about how to recreate it and do confetti throwing but it'll never be as it was.

Not just at City but at most clubs.

Different customer base to them days.....Blame you fcukers who pay to watch football on Sky.

It's because there is nothing else to moan about, we have had area good results lately, things going well on and off the pitch no real transfer activity so lets create another issue to moan about.

For my penny's worth the atmosphere will never change on an Internet forum everyone simply has to sing if they want too wherever they are or move to an area where fans already sing

Different era.

And it's not just us it's everyone.

If you want to point the finger then have a good long look at Sky TV.

Why?

They are just a private company that do what all companies do: make as much money as possible by providing a service. Sky have vastly improved the quality of football coverage on the TV and lots of people now seem prepared to pay for it.

They aren't beholden to care about the atmosphere in the grounds; nor do they have a 'duty of care' over the game. Their duty is to their shareholders. Nothing wrong with that per se but surely it is a little naive to expect a private multinational media company to fulfill some kind of social role in the game.

Sky can't buy the rights to broadcast games unless someone sells them to them. Some clubs decided in the early 1990s that they wanted to sell the rights to as many games as possible to the company, and the FA and Football League didn't set a sensible limit.

Does anyone remember after the first wembley visits people bringing their big fags in to the kop. You used to get some nutters jumping on top and the people under throwing them as high as they could in to the air. Those were the days before Heath and safety now you are not allowed big flags because they are seen as fire risks or cover advertising. Those days will never come back but it's nice for old gits like me to reminisce.

Does anyone remember after the first wembley visits people bringing their big fags in to the kop. You used to get some nutters jumping on top and the people under throwing them as high as they could in to the air. Those were the days before Heath and safety now you are not allowed big flags because they are seen as fire risks or cover advertising. Those days will never come back but it's nice for old gits like me to reminisce.

Hang on bringing in big fags ? :D :D

Still my favourite ever game of all time, place was absolutely rocking that night.

Mine too, I remember within 2 years losing interest and more and more terraces being knocked down, I pretty much stopped going by 1994, funny thing is I would be very happy to have those times back now...I had no idea how bad things would get.

Archived