Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Berylson: Leicester outbid us on Wood's wages in the end

Why on earth do posters on here find it hard to imagine us paying £20k a week, when they haven't got a clue what we are paying???

It's a Million quid a year for a player that's a 20 goal striker. Seems perfectly sensible money to me.

Have you even bothered to read the thread, and especially the OP. If you want to take the report as gospel, then you also have to believe that Millwall offered 18/19k a week also (936k+ a year). Which lets face it, is not going to happen when their total spend is £8m a year for the whole clubs wages.

Knowing the emphasis Pearson puts on squad togetherness etc. I find it unlikely he would pay Wood sums vastly in excess of what other young players he has recently signed for obvious reasons.

Doubt we are paying that, they said "up to", personally i would have thought Millwall would have realised soon enough that they couldn't compete in a bidding war with us. The only thing Millwall could have done is offer a generous promotion wage rise.

Have you even bothered to read the thread, and especially the OP. If you want to take the report as gospel, then you also have to believe that Millwall offered 18/19k a week also (936k+ a year). Which lets face it, is not going to happen when their total spend is £8m a year for the whole clubs wages.

Knowing the emphasis Pearson puts on squad togetherness etc. I find it unlikely he would pay Wood sums vastly in excess of what other young players he has recently signed for obvious reasons.

Why is that so far fetched??? A guy that scores 11? 12? for them in 18/19? games .... puts the club in with a shout of promotion and he'll cost them £4.5m over a 3 year period .... Seems to me around the price that they'd have gone upto..... £8m for a squad of say 20 would be £400k a year average wage ..... there'll be lower and higher .... why would the leading goalscorer not be double the average?

I think it's you that's not thought the economics through.

Archived