Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Berylson: Leicester outbid us on Wood's wages in the end

When you consider we are paying players like Beckford approx 30k a week.. Nugent at least 25k a week... and We are not the only big wage payers in this division.. I cant imagine how much Blackburn will be paying their 8m pound man.. Infact all the teams coming down will be having some players around or above the 20k mark.... Is it really that hard to believe we would be paying him that amount? He's a young lad with immense potential after all....

When you read that article the flipside of the coin is they lost out on a great player like him all because of one or two thousand a week ( their own words). No wonder they want to paint him in a bad light... to save face.

Can you see Millwall paying a player £18/19k a week? That's why we are questioning the stats.

I couldn't care less really. If his goal per games ratio is intact in a month, then you can double his wages for all I care.

Getting tired of these excuses they keep coming out with to appease the mob that turns up at The Den on a Saturday. I'd pay good money to see Wood score the opening winning goal.

Fixed.

Why on earth do posters on here find it hard to imagine us paying £20k a week, when they haven't got a clue what we are paying???

It's a Million quid a year for a player that's a 20 goal striker. Seems perfectly sensible money to me.

I thought Steve Clarke (or maybe it was assistant) said in an interview that City were the only club that met the asking price?

Don't think Millwall were ever serious bidders- think they're trying to make a show of CW to appease their fans.

I wouldn't think he is on 20k a week. Anyway, even if he is, we have more money to outbid a club like Millwall (that's no disrespect, but they arn't as wealthy as Leicester) in terms of the transfer offer and his contract offer. Plus, and I'm guessing Wood lives around Birmingham due to playing for West Brom here, but Leicester is closer to Birmingham than London. He might not even have to move (if he does live there).

Why on earth do posters on here find it hard to imagine us paying £20k a week, when they haven't got a clue what we are paying???

It's a Million quid a year for a player that's a 20 goal striker. Seems perfectly sensible money to me.

Because financial fair play this season makes some of our supporters act eccentric and think irrationally.

Archived