Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floridafox

Manchester Utd connection

Always viewed them as a vile club supported by many who have never been to the ground, don't understand football especially outside the Premier League, and who's actions have been a main contributor towards the Sky TV generation.

Even a decent proportion of their proper supporters are pompus arrogant and look down their nose at everyone. Many of them under the age of 30 will have anything more than a extremly vague memorey of ever finishing outside The Premier Leagues top 4, spoilt supporters who have no idea what hard times are and think they have a right to lift every trophy going.

Not that I envy them as I am believer that to truly appeciate the good times you have to go through the bad times as well. Something they haven't seen for over 20 years now.

Have to admit I have warmed to them a bit more since half our team has become Man U cast offs or loanes.

Every club has a % of "supporters" that have never been to the ground, but that's down to the success of the club throughout the 90's I'd say.

Even so, they have the highest home attendance in the prem and by far the best away following in the country, and surely all of them aren't glory supporters.

If our club had've had the success they've had in the past 20 years, we'd have just as many pompous and arrogant fans, that's what winning does to a lot of people.

He's Asian, must be a marketing move - is that how things work?

Heaven forbid they signed him because he's a class act, eh?!

I'd hazard a guess that that's why they signed Park a few years back. He was extremely average, but somehow ran around a lot, did the odd good thing now and again and kept getting played. It's not a ridiculous notion that they only sign an Asian player to appeal to the Asian community, it draws the fans in and will sell a huge amount of shirts.

Kagawa on the other hand is a top player.

That's funny cos I live in Manchester and have had many decent conversations with United fans when we've loaned their younger players and they generally seemed to be well informed and interested in the potential future players for their club.

What have we learnt here? That generalisations are sometimes wrong.

Very true, but you probably associate with a better class of United fans!

Every club has a % of "supporters" that have never been to the ground, but that's down to the success of the club throughout the 90's I'd say.

Even so, they have the highest home attendance in the prem and by far the best away following in the country, and surely all of them aren't glory supporters.

If our club had've had the success they've had in the past 20 years, we'd have just as many pompous and arrogant fans, that's what winning does to a lot of people.

Mate you know their are more United fans knocking around than any other in England generally, plenty of the top 4 or 5 teams have fans scattered throughout England but their are by far the worst. They're a generation of pseudo football fans raised by Murdoch.

Admittidly, their not all glory plastic Sky TV fans although you'll get a decent amount down Old Trafford every single week, which is why their away following is much better than their home one. They have more day trippers than Alton Towers not difficult to retain your status as having the highest attendance in the Prem if you've got that and the biggest stadium in the league aligned to it is it.

Their away following is excellent granted. Bunch of arrogant twats though, and even with their record of always coming back, they start losing you watch them turn. They aint gonna sit their at Bramall Lane with their shoe's in the air signing shoe's off if you love United if their 3-0 down that's for certain. All you'll get is whinging moaning and someone asking how City are getting on every 2 minutes.

Probably right on that one, we haven't and we don't though, I just really don't like Manchester United full stop lol

Archived