Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floridafox

Manchester Utd connection

I have a love-hate attitude toward Man U (my in-laws are Old Trafford season ticket holders, living minutes away in Sale). One of my greatest memories will always be O'Neil's Leicester beating the Devils in their own back yard, Cottee getting the only goal. Heading to the ground that day I just knew it was going to be our day. To present day, read the Merc report on Matty James' progress and wondered HOW MANY current city players have a connection to Man U. Strangely enough the one area they're truly lacking is a decent keeper and this Schmeichel is staying here.

Wellens, Marshall, Drinkwater, James, De Laet & Keane all played for Man Utd, Schmeichel's Dad is an MUFC legend & doesn't Morgan actually support them?

I've got a funny attitude to Man Utd, hate how they've gone down all the marketing in Asia/corporate route (I swear that's why they signed Kagawa) but I've only got admiration for a lot about them. Their away support is the best in England and their success is far more respectable than any of this shite from Chelsea or Man City.

Pearson loves a Fergie cast off.

And to be fair most of them are pretty decent.

I don't think it's just their ability, he knows the vast Majority coming out of United will have the kind of mentality he likes in a player.

I'm sure Fergie has his young player bombarded with his ethos of hard work is needed as well as talent. That they have to live the right way, behave in the correct manner off the pitch etc.

I don't think it's just their ability, he knows the vast Majority coming out of United will have the kind of mentality he likes in a player.

I'm sure Fergie has his young player bombarded with his ethos of hard work is needed as well as talent. That they have to live the right way, behave in the correct manner off the pitch etc.

Lets hope they don't also educate them in the ways of Whiskey!? The big red hooter is always a dead giveaway.

Always viewed them as a vile club supported by many who have never been to the ground, don't understand football especially outside the Premier League, and who's actions have been a main contributor towards the Sky TV generation.

Even a decent proportion of their proper supporters are pompus arrogant and look down their nose at everyone. Many of them under the age of 30 will have anything more than a extremly vague memorey of ever finishing outside The Premier Leagues top 4, spoilt supporters who have no idea what hard times are and think they have a right to lift every trophy going.

Not that I envy them as I am believer that to truly appeciate the good times you have to go through the bad times as well. Something they haven't seen for over 20 years now.

Have to admit I have warmed to them a bit more since half our team has become Man U cast offs or loanes.

Never been an admirer of them but I have no real problem where our players come from. If they are good enough and fit in, as the Manchester United ones have, then that's a positive for the club.

People are right about the attitude being instilled in them from an early age, that's a factor.

Always viewed them as a vile club supported by many who have never been to the ground, don't understand football especially outside the Premier League, and who's actions have been a main contributor towards the Sky TV generation.

Even a decent proportion of their proper supporters are pompus arrogant and look down their nose at everyone. Many of them under the age of 30 will have anything more than a extremly vague memorey of ever finishing outside The Premier Leagues top 4, spoilt supporters who have no idea what hard times are and think they have a right to lift every trophy going.

Not that I envy them as I am believer that to truly appeciate the good times you have to go through the bad times as well. Something they haven't seen for over 20 years now.

Have to admit I have warmed to them a bit more since half our team has become Man U cast offs or loanes.

I think that's abit harsh. I'd say 100% of man utds supporters have been told or saw or even witnessed the tragic disaster of Munich. Going from a great English club with a lot of talent to losing thre quaters of the squad and starting afresh. It's said around the country that the majority of utd supporters live outside of Manchester yet the poll with took place all round the greater Manchester area proved that 60% of them were red. As for the fans on away days I go to the majority of away matches and never once seen trouble. As I hang around carrington 5 days out of 7 I get to see a lot the youth and reserve players. All of which at times sit in a classroom and learn the histories of the club they are about the wear the shirt for. I believe SAF feels the players need to know history about the club as it can influence performances and egos both on and off the field.

I have liked Man U ever since the terrible Munich air crash. I saw the LCFC-Man U game a few months before and Duncan Edwards was very impressive. Nowadays I prefer Man U over the likes of Chelsea and Man C because they still get some of their players from their academy (Giggs, Scholes, Cleverley, Wellbeck, etc.). Chelsea and Man C just try to buy a whole team of ready-made stars.

Their away support is the best in England and their success is far more respectable than any of this shite from Chelsea or Man City.

Surely their away support is so good because every f**king town and city has 100,000 United "fans" in it? I bet the average miles a United fan travels to an "away" match is identical to how far the home support travels

Anywho, as much as I dislike them, they are obviously a fantastic club with a cracking academy so I have no problem with us getting a supply of young talent from them.

Also - yes, they have respectable success. The way the average Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea fan thinks they're still the greatest team in the world is laughable, and the recent Man City support increase certainly stinks not unlike plastic

Surely their away support is so good because every f**king town and city has 100,000 United "fans" in it? I bet the average miles a United fan travels to an "away" match is identical to how far the home support travels

Anywho, as much as I dislike them, they are obviously a fantastic club with a cracking academy so I have no problem with us getting a supply of young talent from them.

Also - yes, they have respectable success. The way the average Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea fan thinks they're still the greatest team in the world is laughable, and the recent Man City support increase certainly stinks not unlike plastic

You have to have a season ticket to go to away games

Can't help but respect the club, not sure about the plastic fan base especially 10-15 years ago, but the club has tried to go about things in the right way, that is clearly despite the Glazers and not because of them, yes they have splashed the cash, but they have also tried to develop young players, stick by and support their players and manager, and generally play decent football. They have never been as bad as Chelsea and City for splashing the cash and trying to buy the league, nor as arrogant as Arsenal, as much as Fergie is a cvnt, he is a genius too.

I think that's abit harsh. I'd say 100% of man utds supporters have been told or saw or even witnessed the tragic disaster of Munich. Going from a great English club with a lot of talent to losing thre quaters of the squad and starting afresh. It's said around the country that the majority of utd supporters live outside of Manchester yet the poll with took place all round the greater Manchester area proved that 60% of them were red. As for the fans on away days I go to the majority of away matches and never once seen trouble. As I hang around carrington 5 days out of 7 I get to see a lot the youth and reserve players. All of which at times sit in a classroom and learn the histories of the club they are about the wear the shirt for. I believe SAF feels the players need to know history about the club as it can influence performances and egos both on and off the field.

That was nearly 55 years ago now, I said 20. You'd have to be at the very least about 63 to "see or witness" it properly and understand what happened. Whilst it was terrible I wouldn't regard your dad telling you that the 3/4 squad died X amount of years ago as "hard times" it's good to know your history but it has absloutley 0 effect on you present day.

Confused by your next point, it is said that there are more supporters outside of Manchester than in but 60% of Greater Manchester are red? You could have the whole of Greater Manchester, there would still be more outside than in! And I never said you caused trouble.

The rest I stand by, you're proper following support are an arrogant bunch, in fact the whole club has an air of arrogance about it and I have very little time for you. (The club that is not you personally, I am sure you're a lovely bloke)

You've got a big clock....... that doesn't work

:ph34r::whistle:

Archived