Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Anybody hear the I'd rather be a Taff than a Paki Chant today?

You are the epitomy of why football is so shit today. What a soft touchy feely pussy you are, I bet you sit there and put your hands over your ears for most of the match, take up knitting or go manager a childrens play group it would suit you more.

What a needless attack on what was a very sensible post.

You may want 1977 all over again but I think most of us have evolved our opinions on what is and is'nt OK at Football.

And ignorant racist filth like this certainly isn't welcome.

You have got to be joking?

I can mildly understand the Munich/Hillsboro stuff as it's two sides who hate each other desperately trying to get under each others skin but what sort of sick fcuk chants about the death of over 100 kids?

Not sure how you can understand one and not the other. Pretty sure all chanting about tragedies like that is abhorrent.

It's more emotive when it's children but that doesn't make singing about Munich, Heysel, Hilsboro or Turkey any better.

Not sure how you can understand one and not the other. Pretty sure all chanting about tragedies like that is abhorrent.

It's more emotive when it's children but that doesn't make singing about Munich, Heysel, Hilsboro or Turkey any better.

Respectfully disagree.

Both are pretty abhorrent yes but kids is strictly off limits for even the sickest bastards, even the mob and drug gangs have rules on that.

You are the epitomy of why football is so shit today. What a soft touchy feely pussy you are, I bet you sit there and put your hands over your ears for most of the match, take up knitting or go manager a childrens play group it would suit you more.

This is why racism will never disappear. Clearly too may see it as "banter", and I'd imagine it doesn't actually offend the majority of posters on here.

But for someone like myself who is a BRITISH Indian Leicester fan, and who actually attends matches (home and away) this is exactly the kind of chanting/abuse that puts me off from going.

You may think it's "banter" but it doesn't mean anything to you in the slightest.

**** off, it's not touchy feely or soft to think the racism in any form is unacceptable. It's called being a ****ing half decent human being.

Thanks for the support, guys.

I think it's easy for people to accept discrimination that doesn't affect them, hence Mr Flowwolf's ignorance towards the matter. If what 'made' football good years ago was an acceptance of racial abuse, then I must say that I'm glad I'm not quite old enough to have witnessed it.

If this casual racism becomes acceptable, we open the gateway to several other racism issues. We can't just say that in the context of a football match racism is acceptable, as people will then argue that it's no different to do it outside of the football grounds.

I don't have a problem with friendly banter in the slightest, but there is a limit as to what is acceptable.

You know what is funny, we couldnt even hear it over our own fans singing :D Great support from us at the weekend

It is a little weird though

Players racially abusing players - unacceptable

Fans racially abusing players - unacceptable

Fans racially abusing fans - fine!

It does seem a ridiculous chant - but so what?? If it offends you ignore it.

The big deal that is made about everything these days is just ruining the game.

I got sent off from my lad's under 14's game at the weekend because i was stood in line but on the opposite side to the linesman when he cheated and flagged for off-side when the player was 5 yards onside . I shouted "no way, not even close pal. At least try and play fair".....

I was ejected from the ground for abusing an official.

eventually there will be nothing that can happen at the football apart from come in, be seated, watch, go home. No passion, no feelings, no emotion - it'll all be banned.

I got sent off from my lad's under 14's game at the weekend because i was stood in line but on the opposite side to the linesman when he cheated and flagged for off-side when the player was 5 yards onside . I shouted "no way, not even close pal. At least try and play fair".....

eventually there will be nothing that can happen at the football apart from come in, be seated, watch, go home. No passion, no feelings, no emotion - it'll all be banned.

Yeah, too right, those AC Milan players should have just 'ignored it' the other day and got on with it, after all it was only a bit of light hearted monkey chanting.

There's a difference between passion, feelings and emotions and abusing someone because of the country they're from or the colour of their skin. It's absolutely unacceptable - full stop.

On a side note - I'm glad you were ejected, it's parents like you, standing and shouting abuse from the touchline who ruin the game at grassroots level. How are young players ever going to learn any respect for officials when they see their parents, their role models, shouting abuse? That's not passion, that's not support, that's just abusing someone who might have made a mistake. Well done for setting a great example.

Yeah, too right, those AC Milan players should have just 'ignored it' the other day and got on with it, after all it was only a bit of light hearted monkey chanting.

There's a difference between passion, feelings and emotions and abusing someone because of the country they're from or the colour of their skin. It's absolutely unacceptable - full stop.

On a side note - I'm glad you were ejected, it's parents like you, standing and shouting abuse from the touchline who ruin the game at grassroots level. How are young players ever going to learn any respect for officials when they see their parents, their role models, shouting abuse? That's not passion, that's not support, that's just abusing someone who might have made a mistake. Well done for setting a great example.

It's the first time in over a season that I didn't run the line for our side, I understand grassroots football ... His decision wasn't a mistake it was blatant cheating.

And you read my words - and yet you're glad that i was ejected for shouting abuse. Would you explain how that was abuse?

I wouldn't expect you to have considered anything other than fall over yourself to be as PC and self righteous as you can be.

It sounded like you were questioning his integrity though, saying "play fair".

It's the first time in over a season that I didn't run the line for our side, I understand grassroots football ... His decision wasn't a mistake it was blatant cheating.

And you read my words - and yet you're glad that i was ejected for shouting abuse. Would you explain how that was abuse?

I wouldn't expect you to have considered anything other than fall over yourself to be as PC and self righteous as you can be.

I must admit most most linesmen at that level cheat in favour of their own team and it winds me up as well. I then go and stand in line with them so I can clearly judge when they are cheating with offsides, usually does the trick

It sounded like you were questioning his integrity though, saying "play fair".

I was - because he knew, and I knew that he had just cheated. He didn't do it by mistake he did it to save his side from conceding a goal.

I run the line alot - and often have people question decisions - I just turn around and tell them the number of the player who was offside. I've even stopped a goal myself because my arm went up as an immediate reaction but the player ran onto the ball himself .... I apologised to the manager and the player in question and explained to the fans behind me.

People question officials when they make a mistake. There's nothing wrong in that - but cheating is now being defended by the ultra PC brigade who want respect for officials not showing respect for the game.

I'm not defending the racist element of that chant - but really ..... Is anyone actually offended by a brain dead Brizzle fan???

And on the monkey chanting .... Back in the days of filbert st we used to "oooo oooo oooo" and wave a closed fist whenever we won a corner .....

I used to join in thinking that was just what we did - years and years later did i find out that it was a monkey chant and that it was in anyway racist - i still struggle to find the connection as we did it everytime we got a corner!!!

**** off, it's not touchy feely or soft to think the racism in any form is unacceptable. It's called being a ****ing half decent human being.

In what way was my post " racist " ? my point was man up and don't let them arseholes win. By hand wringing and getting wound up you are doing exactly what they hope you will do, that gives them the winners ticket.

Of course racism is not exceptable but it happens. Which begs the question how do you deal with it ? simple answer is you can't , at least not at a football match unless the players walk off which would get my backing all the way.

Ok I admit my post to him was harsh and I apologise for that, but I still maintain moaning on here does nothing and I've heard the same whinging time and time again on the same subject. So unless someone comes up with a bloody good tactic to combat the racist twats at matches why keep beating your selves up ?

Archived