Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Anybody hear the I'd rather be a Taff than a Paki Chant today?

Was it just me and my mates that heard Bristol fans singing "I'd rather be a Taff than a Paki"? Personally being white and having an IQ level above 12 it didn't bother me but a few Asian Leicester supporters near me didn't seem pleased. Is it really that different from us singing "you're just a small town in Wales"? Thoughts anyone?

Was it just me and my mates that heard Bristol fans singing "I'd rather be a Taff than a Paki"? Personally being white and having an IQ level above 12 it didn't bother me but a few Asian Leicester supporters near me didn't seem pleased. Is it really that different from us singing "you're just a small town in Wales"? Thoughts anyone?

Ermmm... YES. Its racist so it may be seen as worse :thumbup:

This is worse than the other chant definitely. You could justifiably get upset over this one.

HOWEVER if you read their forum you'll see that they sang something very simililar away to Cardiff. So though its using racist language, they've not developed this song especially for us.

If anyone feels that strongly about it i haven't a clue why they've not complained to the club or police but will moan on here

Bristol city have a very upsetting breed of fan.

Not idiot . Not racist. Just an amalgamation of the both.

They have no common sense,therefore no sense of humour.

They sang this song in reverse to us on many occasions.

They have also in the past chanted "Aberfan Aberfan, where's ya kiddies gone?"

Now some of the younger generation may not understand that chant, but Aberfan had a horrible disaster many years ago http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberfan_disaster

Now I am not naive enough to ignore many Cardiff fans have sang some shocking stuff over the years with the football fans mon mentality and all that. But for me this kind of thing is completely different.

Only a few games ago our fans were singing " I'd rather be a Tampon than a Taff " at the Cardiff fans. That is just banter and if we dish it out we have to expect it back. There are a lot of posters on here who seem a tad to much in touch with their feminine side , grow some balls and stop whinging like little school girls :rolleyes: .

"Small town in Wales" isn't even vaguely, marginally, slightly racist. You can't even begin to compare the chants.

I sometimes find the attitudes of a few posters on here towards Wales or the Welsh to be borderline offensive (if nothing I've never heard before and I'm remarkably thick skinned so it doesn't really bother me) but I've never heard a chant about the Welsh at a ground that I've considered racist or inappropriate.

That Aberfan chant is vile, mind.

Guest bss9401

I work in a professional environment 50 miles from Leicester and a lot of people think it harmless to state that Leicester is, as they put it 'full of pakis' and make remarks about the population of Melton and Narborough Roads. Other quotes like 'it's spot the white man in Leicester' are common wherever I have lived (in various towns and cities).

Only a few games ago our fans were singing " I'd rather be a Tampon than a Taff " at the Cardiff fans. That is just banter and if we dish it out we have to expect it back. There are a lot of posters on here who seem a tad to much in touch with their feminine side , grow some balls and stop whinging like little school girls :rolleyes: .

Perhaps some of us like being in touch with our feminine side.

I think quiting football all together and taking up drama classes would be more appropriate

This is worse than the other chant definitely. You could justifiably get upset over this one.

HOWEVER if you read their forum you'll see that they sang something very simililar away to Cardiff. So though its using racist language, they've not developed this song especially for us.

If anyone feels that strongly about it i haven't a clue why they've not complained to the club or police but will moan on here

Regardless whether it's not specifically aimed at us. It's still racist.

In my opinion, I think it's totally unacceptable. I reject the notion that "It's part of football" so we should just get on with it... Football has developed massively since the time when casual racism was accepted. We have phased out other negative elements of the game, and I see no reason why this should be any different. I'm aware that what I'm saying is not at all new or controversial, when such campaigns as "Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football" have been relatively successful. But the casual attitude towards racism from some Football supporters is quite worrying, to be frank. I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but had I have been there, I wouldn't have accepted this as 'banter'.

All bitching and moaning aside, I do worry for the younger generation.

There's racism on the stands and on the pitch.....still.

It's not setting much of a precedent for the next generation of football fans and players when the F.A. stand idly by and allow it to happen. John Terry and Luis Suarez, IMHO, got of the hook completely.

Imagine if you can a teacher being caught calling another teacher a 'black ****'. He would never work again, it just would NOT be allowed. Footballers, on the other hand, are hit with a relatively paltry fine and a ban surmounting to a couple of weeks off. John Terry's incident was tolerated to the point where international players felt unable to play for their country and it was dropped by a court of law on the flimsiest of technicalities (a technicality that I do not think would be afforded to a teacher, I might add).

It hardly tells the budding John Terrys down the park that football, as a movement, does not accept this. To me it indicates that it's tolerated but frowned upon.

Moan all you like that Bristol sang a racist tune or two our way. All our lip service means nothing if the F.A. and programmes like 'Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football' do nowt.

In my opinion, I think it's totally unacceptable. I reject the notion that "It's part of football" so we should just get on with it... Football has developed massively since the time when casual racism was accepted. We have phased out other negative elements of the game, and I see no reason why this should be any different. I'm aware that what I'm saying is not at all new or controversial, when such campaigns as "Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football" have been relatively successful. But the casual attitude towards racism from some Football supporters is quite worrying, to be frank. I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but had I have been there, I wouldn't have accepted this as 'banter'.

You are the epitomy of why football is so shit today. What a soft touchy feely pussy you are, I bet you sit there and put your hands over your ears for most of the match, take up knitting or go manager a childrens play group it would suit you more.

That Aberfan chant is vile, mind.

You have got to be joking?

I can mildly understand the Munich/Hillsboro stuff as it's two sides who hate each other desperately trying to get under each others skin but what sort of sick fcuk chants about the death of over 100 kids?

Archived