Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry_Cochrane

Evidently to whom?

I was reading the weather thread last night and all the news I got was 'the conditions are ridiculous'. And many people saying the game would be called off. In fact everyone thought it was off at one point, remember?

My gut feeling was the game would be called off by the police, I'm sure thousands of people thought the same and in that case were using common sense by not going considering the news they were getting on here.

This is getting stupid now, some people on here need to shut the fvck up. Over 12,000 people are not going to not turn up when they've paid their money because they're lazy.

The conditions weren't ridiculous either (certainly not weather conditions, the traffic ones were bad yes)

Western Boulevard had cleared completely of traffic by 630pm-7pm

So please tell me why when I got off the bus the driver said that was the last service of the night as they had been told to stop.

Possibly because all companies are petrified by H&S laws these days. The roads were easily passable. I'm sorry, I'm not implying you should've been at the game, I'm saying the conditions (traffic aside until about 7pm) were nowhere near as bad as being reported

Some people have said the roads weren't so bad the closer it got to kick off.

Yes the police did go round telling people it was off. My mate got told by two outside the ground at about 630pm and then some police force tweeted it. It only took a few minutes for that runour to be dispelled though

I'm not slating people with genuine reasons for not making it. 99% would've had a genuine reason, but I can't understand why noone has come out on here and said they've emailed and complained to the club. It almost sounds as if they're pissed off at themselves for missing it

Why are you slating anyone, what's the point. Presumably it's because of the usual "I'm a better fan" bullshit.

Some people have said the roads weren't so bad the closer it got to kick off.

Yes the police did go round telling people it was off. My mate got told by two outside the ground at about 630pm and then some police force tweeted it.

I'm not slating people with genuine reasons for not making it. 99% would've had a genuine reason, but I can't understand why noone has come out on here and said they've emailed and complained to the club. It almost sounds as if they're pissed off at themselves for missing it

I think you should drop it now, a lot of your comments from last night and today seem to be an attempt to stroke your football-fan ego. Yes well done for going.

99% would have had a genuine reason so why have we got this thread where people are trying to imply that based on last nightn we've just got a load of lazy, shit fans who don't make enough effort?

How do you know how many of 12,000 have emailed and complained to the club?

The conditions weren't ridiculous either (certainly not weather conditions, the traffic ones were bad yes)

Western Boulevard had cleared completely of traffic by 630pm-7pm

Everything I heard suggested the conditions were terrible and people were taking hours to get anywhere.

There would have been many other people getting the same kind of info.

Why are you slating anyone, what's the point. Presumably it's because of the usual "I'm a better fan" bullshit.

There will be a few people who watched in around the city centre and spent just as much as if they'd bought a match ticket.

Everything I heard suggested the conditions were terrible and people were taking hours to get anywhere.

There would have been many other people getting the same kind of info.

They were terrible but that was due to the volume of traffic not weather

Totally understand if people chose not to go. It very much depended on your own circumstances/where you live/do you have transport.

I wasn't sure whether to go myself, then at 6:15 decided to risk it. I live in Oadby near a main road, drove up to Welford Road. Apart from the jack knifed bendy bus on Welford Road it was pretty straight forward and safe. Parked at top of Welford Road (Near Uni) then walked down.

I took my two sons and I gotta say this was one of the games that you will always remember. Such adverse conditions and a great game.

On the walk back to the car, my sons thanked me for deciding to go and my 11 year old said "what a game dad"

Right decision for me in the end.

I think you should drop it now, a lot of your comments from last night and today seem to be an attempt to stroke your football-fan ego. Yes well done for going.

99% would have had a genuine reason so why have we got this thread where people are trying to imply that based on last nightn we've just got a load of lazy, shit fans who don't make enough effort?

How do you know how many of 12,000 have emailed and complained to the club?

Not at all. i didnt create the thread either! I wouldn't have made it either had i not left at 3pm. Im trying to explain how o i got there, if people want to view that as me ego stroking thats their problem.

I said somewhere last night that all fans unsble to get with a ticket should get refunded.

It doesn't matter what was causing the terrible conditions, it only matters that they existed. The buses stopped because the roads were going to become dangerous as they froze and having been out to walk my girlfriend home from work at 1am they made the correct decision.

It is understandable that many fans feel undervalued by the club after last night. I'm one of them. But whatever the rights or wrongs of that it is completely out of order for those who were fortunate enough to get there to play the superfan card against those who were not.

Moan Moan Bloody Moan If you lot made as much noise on matchdays we would be Epic.The Game was ON some of us turned up but the main thing is We won got the 3 points moved up to 2nd in the table imo Happy Days and for what its worth I think the 8,000 that did turn up should get the Pie and a Pint without us would we have won ? We Follow

Archived