Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry_Cochrane

Of course in years to come there will be thirty thousand city fans who will swear they were among the few on that snowy snowy night. " Oh yes I remember it well I was there , one of the eight hundred true supporters, lowest gate ever recorded at the K P stadium and I was there I swear I was, piece of city history and I realy was there. " :D :D :D

Whilst i understand why people didnt go. Lets be fair it was by choice for a lot of the no showers. In cricket 4 overs counts as play and no refund. So a full 90mins that happenend is hardly cause for the club to spunk a load of cash in refunds.

Infact as i took 2 guests on the pie and pint and the club didnt honour them after the ko even with no fcuker in the ground.

So i'd suggest a show of good will to the 8k who made it.

Game should never have gone ahead just like Ipswich shouldn't, but $ky run football so they choose if it goes ahead or not, such a backwards sport at times.

We've benefited though ultimately, a win against a side at the top with others still to play today, very positive for us.

Left syston at 6.45, all was ok till hit Uppingham rd then knobs driving just blocked the junctions. Did take a while but at long last got to the train station and off the a6 and down towards tigers was all clear to the stadium. Glad I made the effort Great game and atmosphere was good. Seamed every one was singing making noise. Great game great 3 points

The best show of good will the club could do for me is to make complete tickets for last night, I.e. Still with stubs, valid for the Millwall game subject to the same stipulations.

Result would be a good attendance, fans kept happy and good PR for the club. They wouldn't lose much considering they had their TV money for last night and will on Good Friday as well.

The situation in the city was not as bad as was being reported, there was an awful lot of traffic which caused the gridlock and delays but the actual driving conditions were ok. The main roads were easily passable it was just a lot of queueing. The issues were caused by people all going home at the same time, always happens in bad weather. Roads were quite clear by seven, my mate left late and got there quite quickly and in time for a pint at the pub due to the late kick off.

Enormous respect to the boro fans who made it and they kept singing as well most of the game.

I think the atmosphere was better in the Kop as the noise seemed to travel better and everyone joined in rather than sit there in silence. Best moment was when Kasper saved the penalty it was louder than a goal and celebrated just as much.

We also have to remember the efforts of the ground staff, they worked their bollox off yesterday and we are complaining the match was on, I take my hat off to their effort and thank them for a great night.

Totally agree here, anyone can find an excuse to not get there and then moan.

But some people will just get on with it and find a way, city roads were all clear of snow just as you say a lot of traffic, plan ahead and you just have to be patient and sit in the queues.

If 300 fans can make it from Middlesbrough then if you wanted to get to it from around the county really there is no reason why you couldn't, Basingstoke Fox made it and he is probably the furthest Leicester fan who was there.

I know of 1 bloke who walked there from Oadby in a couple of hours, it wasn't 6 feet of snow just a couple of inches.

I am not slating those who didn't turn up, that is your choice but to moan that the club should call it off when all the staff had worked their nuts off all day to clear the area around and in the stadium and get the pitch ready is a bit OTT.

Don't forget those ground staff and stewards had to get into the ground as well, if they all gave up for a bit of snow the club would be a shambles, worth their yearly salary just for the work they did yesterday.

I repeat I am not slating the fans who had tickets and chose not to go, just don't moan that the club kept the game on.

If they had any sense they'd do it for the cup tie as they're not going to get a full house. Is the Cup game covered by your season tickets?

We talk about money being the reason for the game going ahead but how much will the club have made? They must have lost quite a bit of revenue from programme/catering sales. I wonder how much of a profit the club actually made yesterday.

Also, I still think 8,500 is a poor attendance despite the weather. If someone had to drive to the ground then fine, but if they were able to walk then I personally feel they should've made it to the ground. The conditions weren't so appalling that it was unsafe to walk, it was just the traffic and roads that were the major problem. I can't imagine that 15,000 people all needed to use the roads to get to the game.

Great to finally have a thread about a good atmostphere. Was a great night! Top effort to all the city lads who walked to the ground. Just goes to show that old truth that city fans are a hell of a lot better than county. Its them that ruin the atmosphere. Bad luck county boys but your loss was our gain

Heres to snow in a few thursdays time!

Oi! That is one large brush you're tarring us all with, I live in the county and made it to the game.

I think the low attendance reflects the make up of the crowd there being a lot of older fans (like me) and children who would come with one or two parents so they're hardly in a position to walk.

Years ago most people, predominantly blokes would walk / bike to games but there was no way i was going walk from Glenfield or risk driving on snow covering compacted ice on side roads to get to a game there was no guarantee was still going ahead, there was still talk of it being off beyond 7pm so I'm sure that put a lot of people off.

I'm glad the game went ahead especially for those that turned up, i'd have totally livid if I'd made the effort/taken the risk only to find it off. I don't expect anything from the club they were between a rock and a hard place, if they'd called it off earlier and it turned out ok they'd be moaned at and once they'd decided it was on they put in the effort to make it happen.

Seemingly the big problem was the amount of traffic as much as anything so the advice, in hindsight to set off early was probably a mistake.

But some people will just get on with it and find a way, city roads were all clear of snow just as you say a lot of traffic, plan ahead and you just have to be patient and sit in the queues.

If 300 fans can make it from Middlesbrough then if you wanted to get to it from around the county really there is no reason why you couldn't, Basingstoke Fox made it and he is probably the furthest Leicester fan who was there.

I know of 1 bloke who walked there from Oadby in a couple of hours, it wasn't 6 feet of snow just a couple of inches.

I am not slating those who didn't turn up, that is your choice but to moan that the club should call it off when all the staff had worked their nuts off all day to clear the area around and in the stadium and get the pitch ready is a bit OTT.

Don't forget those ground staff and stewards had to get into the ground as well, if they all gave up for a bit of snow the club would be a shambles, worth their yearly salary just for the work they did yesterday.

I repeat I am not slating the fans who had tickets and chose not to go, just don't moan that the club kept the game on.

So supporter in there late 60's, 70's, 80's or with young kid should just put up with it!

The game should have been off!

Around the ground was fine, stadium seats and steps fine, pitch was in great condition, if 300 can get in from Middlesbrough then ( given enough time) so can supporters from Leicestershire. Think a lot thought it would be called off so didn't bother, otherwise we would have had load of fans coming in late during game which didn't happen a lot. Glad I made the effort great game

Completely agree.

Its not nice to miss a game, but the fans who missed out through genuine reasons shouldn't be that upset. The ones who couldn't be bothered or who live within walking distance but gambled that the game would be off should be ashamed.

There was one member on here coming down from FIFE yesterday FFS. I don't know if he made it, but the intention was there.

Yes the roads were a nightmare, not because of the snow (depsite seemingly NO roads in Coalville being gritted) but because of people flapping over a couple of inches of white stuff.

Completely agree.

Its not nice to miss a game, but the fans who missed out through genuine reasons shouldn't be that upset. The ones who couldn't be bothered or who live within walking distance but gambled that the game would be off should be ashamed.

There was one member on here coming down from FIFE yesterday FFS. I don't know if he made it, but the intention was there.

Yes the roads were a nightmare, not because of the snow (depsite seemingly NO roads in Coalville being gritted) but because of people flapping over a couple of inches of white stuff.

So supporter in there late 60's, 70's, 80's or with young kid should just put up with it! What about disable people?

The club did not know how many fans would turn up. They just did their best so all those that turned up did not have a wasted journey. The weather got worse as the day went on so they could not call it off earlier or the day before.

If it was called off 8500 fans would have complained if the reason given was because 15000 could not make it.

I'd like the club to forgo the Wolves TV money and put it back to the Saturday :)

They should keep the Pie and Pint offer for the Wolves match, get a decent crowd down there.

They've already some offers on for that game anyway.

There were still bad queues at the bars in the councourse at halftime. That company are pathetic

Great to finally have a thread about a good atmostphere. Was a great night! Top effort to all the city lads who walked to the ground. Just goes to show that old truth that city fans are a hell of a lot better than county. Its them that ruin the atmosphere. Bad luck county boys but your loss was our gain

Heres to snow in a few thursdays time!

Thank god you made it there! We'd have really struggled last night without your invaluable input! We never do any good when people like me who don't live in the city turn up to support our team! Utter bell end!!!

Put up with it or don't go yeh.

They still had 60 70 and 80 year olds as well as disabled people 20-30 years ago when these type of games would've gone ahead without a moments hesitation

Yeah and the world was a better place then..........

Problem with this world is people only think about themselves.

Archived