Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry_Cochrane

Everyone of them hardy soles who deserve total respect including the 300 Boro fans. We won which was great BUT for me when the police say travel only if absolutely necessary the game should have been postponed. When I hear people taking over three hours to get to the ground for a journey that normally takes 30 mins Im sorry but that's unacceptable. I also hear a couple of Boro fans were involved in an accident with one seriously hurt.

Sky TV have total disregard for spectators. It was clear to me that the game would not have taken place if the cameras were not there.

the fixture wouldn't of took place if it wasn't a non-police fixture too

Have to agree with this, I heard Stringer mention it while on the way to the ground.

There looked more than 300 Boro fans there though. Wasn't a cold night just very blowy snow in your face.

I say wasn't a cold night, thermal top, ski jacket, salopettes, gloves and warm boots.

You gotta be prepared. I probably looked more like I was about to hit the slopes but it was worth it!

A well earned 3 points.

Fair play to those who made it but I still think it should have been called off. Lots of people who live in the county couldn't get there and plenty who rely on public transport were stuck. I'm glad we won but I don't see the point of winning if not for the supporters in the first place.

I've seen some say that the club can only do their best to get the game on and that the rest is down to the fans, knowing the conditions, to make proper arrangements to make it if they so wish. But that falls down on a night like last night. It was literally impossible for many to get there or to get home afterwards. Somebody at the club should have shown a bit of leadership and made the difficult decision to postpone the thing.

I don't know what conditions were like in the city but they were absolutely appalling in parts of the county. The club made the decision for the match to go ahead in spite of knowing that many thousands who had season tickets or match tickets would not be able to make it to the match. That, to me, seems to be a deliberate rip off. They can't stick to their stance of 'no refunds within 5 hours of kick off' in this instance and some kind of small gesture should also be made to season ticket holders who couldn't be at the game.

Yeah. Respect to those that went. That IS supporting.

Ground looked pretty empty on the TV so I can believe 8500 - still that's more than saw some games a few years ago.

I don't know if the mics were turned up higher than normal but I have to say that the 8000 made about as much noise as the 28000 on the TV.

Yeah. Respect to those that went. That IS supporting.

Ground looked pretty empty on the TV so I can believe 8500 - still that's more than saw some games a few years ago.

I don't know if the mics were turned up higher than normal but I have to say that the 8000 made about as much noise as the 28000 on the TV.

It wasn't a trick of the mic, there was singing all round the ground, even in the corners. I think people were standing and singing just stay warm as much as any attempt to make a point or compensate. Kop was in pretty good voice, first time I'd say they outsung L1 in a couple of years.

It wasn't a trick of the mic, there was singing all round the ground, even in the corners. I think people were standing and singing just stay warm as much as any attempt to make a point or compensate. Kop was in pretty good voice, first time I'd say they outsung L1 in a couple of years.

I agree. Seem liked everyone made the effort to sing because hardly anyone was there.

Brilliant night.

Fair play to those who made it but I still think it should have been called off. Lots of people who live in the county couldn't get there and plenty who rely on public transport were stuck. I'm glad we won but I don't see the point of winning if not for the supporters in the first place.

I've seen some say that the club can only do their best to get the game on and that the rest is down to the fans, knowing the conditions, to make proper arrangements to make it if they so wish. But that falls down on a night like last night. It was literally impossible for many to get there or to get home afterwards. Somebody at the club should have shown a bit of leadership and made the difficult decision to postpone the thing.

I don't know what conditions were like in the city but they were absolutely appalling in parts of the county. The club made the decision for the match to go ahead in spite of knowing that many thousands who had season tickets or match tickets would not be able to make it to the match. That, to me, seems to be a deliberate rip off. They can't stick to their stance of 'no refunds within 5 hours of kick off' in this instance and some kind of small gesture should also be made to season ticket holders who couldn't be at the game.

I think the season ticket holders can use the seat exchange system, If you miss a match, you can have an extra seat for another game of the same category.

I think the season ticket holders can use the seat exchange system, If you miss a match, you can have an extra seat for another game of the same category.

Tried that, needs to be done 5 hours before kick off... They said there were no traffic problems in the city!

Tried that, needs to be done 5 hours before kick off... They said there were no traffic problems in the city!

I think you should contact them again. There is no way they can say 20000 people all decided not to go for no reason.

If they insisted I think that Radio Leicester or the mercury would campaign.

even the players had to leave their cars and walk to the ground.

Archived