Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry_Cochrane

I fell on my arse four times on the walk to the ground then to be told that it was off.*

I can't describe in words how glad I was to see Kasper save that pen.

*it was the coppers who told me it was off!

Surprised you didn't give yourself a hernia after another of your classic rants lol

The situation in the city was not as bad as was being reported, there was an awful lot of traffic which caused the gridlock and delays but the actual driving conditions were ok. The main roads were easily passable it was just a lot of queueing. The issues were caused by people all going home at the same time, always happens in bad weather. Roads were quite clear by seven, my mate left late and got there quite quickly and in time for a pint at the pub due to the late kick off.

Enormous respect to the boro fans who made it and they kept singing as well most of the game.

I think the atmosphere was better in the Kop as the noise seemed to travel better and everyone joined in rather than sit there in silence. Best moment was when Kasper saved the penalty it was louder than a goal and celebrated just as much.

We also have to remember the efforts of the ground staff, they worked their bollox off yesterday and we are complaining the match was on, I take my hat off to their effort and thank them for a great night.

It's quite simple really:

1 - The pitch was never going to be an issue

2 - The police weren't in charge of the game and so it's up to the club as to whether it goes ahead or not

3 - The roads weren't bad, there was a lot of traffic but it was moving

4 - The paths and roads surrounding the ground had all been gritted and were completely fine - even Jarrom Street which hadn't been gritted was more than passable

So basically the weather didn't come into it - other than increased journey times for fans - in which case you either leave earlier or watch it on TV. (I came from Loughborough and set off at 5 to give myself plenty of time. Got to the ground at 7:40).

Imagine if this game had been on in May and there was lots of known traffic disruptions - do you think they'd call it off? Of course not!

Short of flying fans into the ground in a fleet of helicopters there wasn't much else the club could do.

Great to finally have a thread about a good atmostphere. Was a great night! Top effort to all the city lads who walked to the ground. Just goes to show that old truth that city fans are a hell of a lot better than county. Its them that ruin the atmosphere. Bad luck county boys but your loss was our gain

Heres to snow in a few thursdays time!

Great to finally have a thread about a good atmostphere. Was a great night! Top effort to all the city lads who walked to the ground. Just goes to show that old truth that city fans are a hell of a lot better than county. Its them that ruin the atmosphere. Bad luck county boys but your loss was our gain

**** off ya tosser I'm from out in the sticks

I left the BHF shop on Charles Street j4.45. The traffic was bumper as I walked home along Charles Street and over Swain Street Bridge. I was able to cross roads without waiting for the all clear withcare. Buses were passing with Not In Service on them so was not sure if the game wwould go ahead. It was gone seven when RL said the kick-off time. I could have walked to the Hind but it wasn't certain they would have it on and the next nearest would be the Varsity on London Road another 15-30 min walk and they do not have a great selection of beers. So listened on the radio with a bottle of Low alcohol lager and a couple of pizzas with the CH on.

I think Les-TA-Jon got it right.

:rolleyes:

We're all Leicester you prat.

was on earlies yesterday and finished at 2pm so was always going to go, just a matter of what time to leave home as traffic around fosse park was building up as early as 2.30!

as i live in broughton astley i decided to leave at 6pm. then my lad said stringer had tweeted if you are coming leave now, so we left at 5.15. got to park off saffron lane at 6.15 so took an hour for what normally is a 30 min trip. walked to the ground and it was still shut!! all this get there early stuff and i couldnt even have a wee wee when i got there!

as other people have said atmosphere was decent, and possibly the loudest i have heard the kop for a long time. i sit in c2 but stood up to keep moving and keep warm as there was no one behind us, but was told by a steward to sit down as it didnt look good on tv!!

worst part of the night was the journey home as i got stuck in the side street and needed a push, and when i got back my local chinese was shut :(

great effort by all those who went, but also understand the reasons why others didnt bother. as the stadium was shut when i got there i went over to ask some boro fans how long it had took them to get here, they said '10 mins as we live just round the corner' felt a little bit silly :whistle:

Nope i got just the one... only steak left what a let down, i only went for the balti! (Joke)

Opted for the tea else i wouldnt have seen KO.

Great experience.. all of us in great voice, resoect to boro fans aswell they all had to hug each other to keep warm ha.

Really do get the feeling this is OUR season COYMFB!!!!!

Gutted I couldnt make it (season ticket holder), I wonder if the club will do anything to reinburse the cost of the game?

Or sky (although I doubt they will), would of been better if it was played today.

Gutted I couldnt make it (season ticket holder), I wonder if the club will do anything to reinburse the cost of the game?

Or sky (although I doubt they will), would of been better if it was played today.

Seat exchange scheme for ST holders.

I can imagine this'll mean attendances will get a boost for the next few weeks if this is used by people who missed last night, can only be a good thing for a team pushing for promotion.

Seat exchange scheme for ST holders.

I can imagine this'll mean attendances will get a boost for the next few weeks if this is used by people who missed last night, can only be a good thing for a team pushing for promotion.

Problem with this is you can only use it up to twice a season. I'd hope they make an exception to allow this as an extra one for all the fans who couldn't go last night.

Problem with this is you can only use it up to twice a season. I'd hope they make an exception to allow this as an extra one for all the fans who couldn't go last night.

You would hope that common sense would come into it here.

Hopefully some of those fans who bought tickets for last night, we'd sold at least 19,000, will be given refunds or replacement tickets for the next Pie & Pint match, most likely to be Millwall.

I will miss my Saturday afternoon listening to the football. Oh well I'll just have to watch the snooker and catch up with the telly I missed last night. Half expecting a call from the BHF shop. Volunteers shifts have been cut down due to the numbers but I said as I don't need a bus to get there I'll cover for anyone that cannot make it. Although I doubt there will be too many shoppers in the City Centre today if its anything like my street.

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know how many tickets we had sold for this game?

I believe we had sold 19,000 tickets. So LCFC now have their Sky money, there should be some sort of gesture (other than 2 fingers) for the 9k odd that for whatever reason had to miss out!

I am glad it still went ahead, one of the best games I have been to in terms of drama.

We won't get that gate again, and like I said on another thread, if you lived close then fair enough, if you tried and made it then good effort, if you tried but failed it's the trying that counts, and if you struggled to get out the house, or lived ages away and it would of took hours, then that is understandable.

As long as you supported the team by watching them on Sky then that's good enough for me, unless you didn't want to and sat in a dark room sulking to yourself.

I know, I'd been sat on a bus for three hours at that point. He was lucky I was otherwise he'd have received a mouthful.

This could be a real PR disaster for the club if they dont do something for those who missed out because of all the problems getting to the ground.

You can be sure the moan in on Monday will be full of this story.

Archived