Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry_Cochrane

We talk about money being the reason for the game going ahead but how much will the club have made? They must have lost quite a bit of revenue from programme/catering sales. I wonder how much of a profit the club actually made yesterday.

Also, I still think 8,500 is a poor attendance despite the weather. If someone had to drive to the ground then fine, but if they were able to walk then I personally feel they should've made it to the ground. The conditions weren't so appalling that it was unsafe to walk, it was just the traffic and roads that were the major problem. I can't imagine that 15,000 people all needed to use the roads to get to the game.

They would have made money on catering sales given they had taken the money from fans for the pie and pint offer and will now be able to make further money on those items at next Thursday's game. I worry though that they may lose in the longer term as fans will be reluctant to purchase tickets in advance for games covered by Sky.

Yeah and the world was a better place then..........

Problem with this world is people only think about themselves.

You can't accommodate everyone at once lol. That's just typical of attitudes these days, worrying about upsetting someone with whatever you say or do.

The club maintained from the very beginning the game was always going to go ahead. They emailed us, kept updates online etc, even whilst the snow was coming down in the morning and at lunchtime there was still no official doubt about the game being off. It really was made so much worse by divs ringing in to RL complaining about the weather, roads and traffic. I felt that wound up I was on the verge of ringing up to set the record straight. It was the divvys unable to drive in a bit of pissy snow rather than roads being trecherous. The roads were gridlocked at 3pm, because that was the rush hour yesterday with everyone being told to leave work.

Its not like they kept us in the dark about it. If they had cancelled it, at what point should it have been cancelled? That morning? The snow could've cleared up by then. Late in the evening? And **** off the 8k who did turn up? I blummin would want refunded my money on travel and all other expenses last night after the battle we'd had

The only possible solution would be to have played the game today. But then, I'm suprised there aren't any games in the top 2 flights that have been postponed today.

They would have made money on catering sales given they had taken the money from fans for the pie and pint offer and will now be able to make further money on those items at next Thursday's game. I worry though that they may lose in the longer term as fans will be reluctant to purchase tickets in advance for games covered by Sky.

This is a bit of a one-off though. If they regularly played games when less than 10k attended then it would probably have an effect. But this is such a rare event that people will soon forget about it.

The catering is contracted out so it makes no difference to LCFC how many the sell, LCFC will be charged for the pie & pint offer though hence the reason for the vouchers.

Around the ground was fine, stadium seats and steps fine, pitch was in great condition, if 300 can get in from Middlesbrough then ( given enough time) so can supporters from Leicestershire. Think a lot thought it would be called off so didn't bother, otherwise we would have had load of fans coming in late during game which didn't happen a lot. Glad I made the effort great game

People coming from Middlesboro were either on train or had the whole sodding day to get there.

People in Leicester would mostly have finished work at 5 and only had had a few hours to get to the ground, or to get home and then get to the ground.

I left at 3pm and still didn't get home until 7pm. so stop making out people just didn't try because you and the other amazing fans slamming others are ****ing me off.

The catering is contracted out so it makes no difference to LCFC how many the sell, LCFC will be charged for the pie & pint offer though hence the reason for the vouchers.

Would like to bet that they are only charged for the vouchers that are actually used.

Heating on in the concourse areas?Think know the answer -According to the BBC boro team walked it -yes about 15 yrds from the bus.

All good press but result was main thing

Heating at the back of the stands like at realmadrid would be better.

So supporter in there late 60's, 70's, 80's or with young kid should just put up with it!

The game should have been off!

I wondered when a reply like this would come.

So the excuse for having a kid is the cold weather, I guarantee every child that missed last night due to the weather was out rolling around in the snow today. Minus 1 was the high here today so hardly tropical compared to last night.

If you had tickets for the NEC or Nottingham arena last night and decided not to go because a pavement might have snow on it, do you think they should call off the event because of it?

You excuse for OAP's doesn't wash either, a lot of those don't go to midweek games in the winter anyway, so wouldn't even have bothered last night.

I wondered when a reply like this would come.

So the excuse for having a kid is the cold weather, I guarantee every child that missed last night due to the weather was out rolling around in the snow today. Minus 1 was the high here today so hardly tropical compared to last night.

If you had tickets for the NEC or Nottingham arena last night and decided not to go because a pavement might have snow on it, do you think they should call off the event because of it?

If 12,000 of 20,000 can't make it, if there is president set previously for games to be called off when people will struggle to get there (arsenal called off a few weeks back due to tube strike, one of many previously called off) then yes I would expect it to be called off.

At the very least I expect the club to show a bit of compassion considering the circumstances and to have let people cancel tickets later than the five hour deadline, and I'd expect the club to not bullshit people on the phone by saying there are no traffic problems.

Then I'd expect our own fans not to come on here and belittle 1000's of people by making out they didn't really try.

How do you know the club won't do something with tickets yet Babylon?

Surely they read these pages and could well give you your precious Pukka Pie and pint.

Who's belittling anyway?

I said I wasn't slating any that sat at home but don't moan afterwards when others did make it up Ben Nevis to our ground.

How do you know the club won't do something with tickets yet Babylon?

Surely they read these pages and could well give you your precious Pukka Pie and pint.

Who's belittling anyway?

I said I wasn't slating any that sat at home but don't moan afterwards when others did make it up Ben Nevis to our ground.

They said no on the phone and haven't done anything so far, when they do I will change my opinion... Not before.

Precious pie and pint? And you say you aren't belittling people. I'm a season ticket holder, the offer means nothing to me, seeing a game I and 12,000 others paid for and missed does.

Why can people not moan? It was quite clear at 3pm that traffic was a problem and was not going to get better. The club clearly didn't give a crap who turned up as they had everyone's money already.

People coming from Middlesboro were either on train or had the whole sodding day to get there.

People in Leicester would mostly have finished work at 5 and only had had a few hours to get to the ground, or to get home and then get to the ground.

I left at 3pm and still didn't get home until 7pm. so stop making out people just didn't try because you and the other amazing fans slamming others are ****ing me off.

I think this could of been the problem. Of the group I go with I was the only one who made. One was stuck waiting for his wife to get home, another who was going work after the match, had to give up his attempt to get there after getting stuck in the gridlock and had to try and get work. The others, all living out in the country again didn't have time to get there by the time they got home from work.

If 12,000 of 20,000 can't make it, if there is president set previously for games to be called off when people will struggle to get there (arsenal called off a few weeks back due to tube strike, one of many previously called off) then yes I would expect it to be called off.

At the very least I expect the club to show a bit of compassion considering the circumstances and to have let people cancel tickets later than the five hour deadline, and I'd expect the club to not bullshit people on the phone by saying there are no traffic problems.

Then I'd expect our own fans not to come on here and belittle 1000's of people by making out they didn't really try.

Have you emailed Jim yet?

They said no on the phone and haven't done anything so far, when they do I will change my opinion... Not before.

Precious pie and pint? And you say you aren't belittling people. I'm a season ticket holder, the offer means nothing to me, seeing a game I and 12,000 others paid for and missed does.

Why can people not moan? It was quite clear at 3pm that traffic was a problem and was not going to get better. The club clearly didn't give a crap who turned up as they had everyone's money already.

Babylon has this absolutely right.

In my view the club should have called this off when it was apparent that thousands of paying customers were unable to make it. They could have done that as early as about 2pm. It's really annoying that people seem to think those of us who didn't make it could have done had we really wanted to. I mean, yes, I suppose I could have finished work in Coventry early, made my way to my house in Hinckley, then walked the fourteen miles to the ground in the driving snow, but that would have been stupid, wouldn't it?

The football buses were cancelled and the normal services back to Hinckley were suspended. I'm willing to bet that thousands found themselves in the same position. I reckon most of the dick wavers are kids without much in the way of responsibility. No risk of sacrificing a wage to finish work early or no worries about damage to a vehicle costing hundreds. It's all well and good saying this would have gone ahead thirty years ago but there were far fewer cars on the road back then and people didn't move away from home so much. If I lived in the city I'd have walked without hesitation. Most of us didn't turn up because it wasn't possible to turn up.

I live on the continent and I'm broke and I didn't make it to the game either. Worst fan ever. :ph34r:

Ps. I like how you inadvertently imply all of the Middlesbrough fans are unemployed! lol

It did get better though. Evidently the roads cleared about 7pm

It did get better though. Evidently the roads cleared about 7pm

Evidently to whom?

I was reading the weather thread last night and all the news I got was 'the conditions are ridiculous'. And many people saying the game would be called off. In fact everyone thought it was off at one point, remember?

My gut feeling was the game would be called off by the police, I'm sure thousands of people thought the same and in that case were using common sense by not going considering the news they were getting on here.

This is getting stupid now, some people on here need to shut the fvck up. Over 12,000 people are not going to not turn up when they've paid their money because they're lazy.

I live on the continent and I'm broke and I didn't make it to the game either. Worst fan ever. :ph34r:

Ps. I like how you inadvertently imply all of the Middlesbrough fans are unemployed! lol

I'm implying if you are travelling that distance you probably have the day off work. I can't imagine many managed to finish work at 5 up north and get to the ground for kick off. Their team took two hours to go a mile or two.

Evidently to whom?

I was reading the weather thread last night and all the news I got was 'the conditions are ridiculous'. And many people saying the game would be called off. In fact everyone thought it was off at one point, remember?

My gut feeling was the game would be called off by the police, I'm sure thousands of people thought the same and in that case were using common sense by not going considering the news they were getting on here.

This is getting stupid now, some people on here need to shut the fvck up. Over 12,000 people are not going to not turn up when they've paid their money because they're lazy.

Some people have said the roads weren't so bad the closer it got to kick off.

Yes the police did go round telling people it was off. My mate got told by two outside the ground at about 630pm and then some police force tweeted it. It only took a few minutes for that runour to be dispelled though

I'm not slating people with genuine reasons for not making it. 99% would've had a genuine reason, but I can't understand why noone has come out on here and said they've emailed and complained to the club. It almost sounds as if they're pissed off at themselves for missing it

Archived