Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boosmanana

Inter match off

Apologies to Boosmanana.

What I would say is if you heard this yesterday afternoon how come it's only just being announced, especially as I made a special trip to the ground late yesterday afternoon to get my tickets.

But what a bloody fiasco this close season is turning out to be.

Games on / off

Players signed / not signed

Players promised by certain dates then not delivered.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons but piss up and brewery come to mind.

Well you were right - Inter have pulled out due to security concerns. Knackers my plans for the phone-in from Boston !!!

142732[/snapback]

Just got a text from Leicester - "Leicester City will now face Boston United at York Street on Monday, July 25 (7.30pm) following the postponement of the Inter Milan Clash"

The phone in is on a Monday anyway isn't it so you couyld still do it from Boston couldn't you?! :unsure::ermm:

Apologies to Boosmanana.

But what a bloody fiasco this close season is turning out to be.

Games on / off

Players signed / not signed

Players promised by certain dates then not delivered.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons but piss up and brewery come to mind.

142737[/snapback]

I've been saying that for years, But if the reasons the club are giving are actually true (Because the club have lied to fans before :rolleyes:) you can't really blame LCFC this time because apparently it is due to Inter Milan cancelling...

why did no-one believe me?

142740[/snapback]

Well I think the fact that I bought my tickets at 4ish yesterday and the statement on the Inter site at 8ish last night might have had something to do with it.

142740[/snapback]

The reasons are fairly simple. First your previous piece of information was incorrect, thus far. You are new to the forum and there have been any number of people who join and then post crap rumours like defenders not signing due to arguments with Rob Kelly. Once bitten, twice shy. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

142740[/snapback]

I didn't believe you but didn't question you, I thought it'd be best to say nothing because as I have said for years and as DavieG has said the Club couldn't arange a piss up in a brewery, therefore on these kind of subjects I have no opinion on them until they are set in stone...then the club still manage to fuk them up sometimes :rolleyes:

so is the boston game on monday now then?

142748[/snapback]

Yep, according to the clubs text service - However don't hold your breath the club will have probably changed it about 10 times by Monday :rolleyes:

Well you were right - Inter have pulled out due to security concerns. Knackers my plans for the phone-in from Boston !!!

142732[/snapback]

Just got a text from Leicester - "Leicester City will now face Boston United at York Street on Monday, July 25 (7.30pm) following the postponement of the Inter Milan Clash"

The phone in is on a Monday anyway isn't it so you couyld still do it from Boston couldn't you?! :unsure::ermm:

142739[/snapback]

so is the boston game on monday now then?

142748[/snapback]

The Foxes will now travel to League Two side Boston United (7.30pm) on the same evening.

:D:D:thumbup:;)

It's hardly what you'd call a like for like replacement.

So instead of having a local away friendly on a Sunday afternoon we now end up with it on Monday evening - mmmm nice.

come back Notts County ;)

Ferkin el' the LCFC OS is first to a story for once?! :o:huh::S

Inter Milan have cancelled all there English tour that means no friendlys with Noriwch, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth...

Norwich - http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/H...,,10355,00.html - Nothing about the cancelation...

Crystal Palace - http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home - Nothing about the cancelation...

Portsmouth - http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home - Nothing about the cancelation...

Bloody el' Jon Sanders whats wrong with you?! :huh: Getting a story put onto the OS before anyone else?! :o

just got me bloody tickets at 12.45 , what a blow !

142767[/snapback]

Are you telling me they were still selling tickets today. :S:blink::huh:

142776[/snapback]

There were 500 pairs of free tickets being given away at the ticket office on a first come first served basis this morning (You had to have some voucher things from The Leicester Mercury)

Anyways, do the 500 peoples who got these tickets really have to return them to the ticket office for a full refund? :S:ph34r:

were there many queueing then for the free tickets? i bought my tickets on wednesday on the net, do i get my 1.70 handling charge back aswell? ****s sake this isnt half a farce i was well looking forward to the game.

Source os

Leicester City will be seeking substantial damages from Inter Milan after the Italian club cancelled their four game tour of England earlier today.

Milan had been due to open their tour with a prestige fixture against Craig Levein's Foxes at the Walkers Stadium on Monday.

But just two days before the game - which had been expected to attract a crowd of between 25-30,000 - Inter officials informed City by fax on Saturday morning they would not be coming to England for security reasons.

A City spokesman said: "We are extremely disappointed in the actions of Inter Milan.

"We will be contacting the Football Association and UEFA and we shall also be seeking substantial damages from Inter.

"The club has already incurred substantial costs in preparing for the fixture and we had expected a crowd of up to 30,000 supporters - all of whom will be very upset by Inter's late withdrawal.

"Regarding Inter's concerns over security, we have worked closely with the local police and safety advisory group and they informed us they had no security concerns for this fixture and were perfectly happy for it to take place."

On their official website, Inter have made the following statement: "Football takes a step back because of increasing serious events which touch the sensitivity of everyone. For this reason, and given the situation, the club has decided to cancel the team's tour of England."

City will be liasing with Inter's three other scheduled tour opponents - Norwich, Portsmouth and Crystal Palace - in the coming days to formulate a united response to Inter.

they have cancelled the whole tour due to bomb scares. so looks like Town might get some Norwich fans down for our Freindly with Athletico Madrid on the same night.

they have cancelled the whole tour due to bomb scares. so looks like Town might get some Norwich fans down for our Freindly with Athletico Madrid on the same night.

142802[/snapback]

That'll be nice for you!

Archived