Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boosmanana

Inter match off

Read on SSN that Richard Caborn is trying to talk them back into coming, no chance of that working though I feel. I am very disappointed, mostly not because of political reasons though but because I'm not going to see any pre-season games this year now.

I don't think not playing the friendly will damage our chances this season in any way, they might even help them considering we won't get spanked by Inter Milan and have to squeeze Boston into just a few days before the first competitive match. However it being cancelled will probably have hurt the actual club, not just in regards to the money already spent on the fixture and refunds that will have to be made, but also because of the extra STs or just match-day tickets that might have been bought after a good day out at the Walkers this Monday.

It also grates even more considering how much Inter Milan messed us about arranging the friendly in the first place.

On the political side I don't think its a very well thought out decision by Inter Milan, but I suspect it's probably some of their high-profile players throwing a wobbly rather than the manager/chairman etc just deciding for the whole club that they're not coming.

142957[/snapback]

Totally irresponsible. The risk was minimal. UEFA should come down on em like a ton of bricks with a fine, compensation for the clubs affected, elimination from European football for three years and 10 League points deducted. That would teach them to wilfully break a contract without good reason and, in future, any properly arranged game should NEVER be cancelled without proper reference to the appropriate football authority.

Read on SSN that Richard Caborn is trying to talk them back into coming, no chance of that working though I feel. I am very disappointed, mostly not because of political reasons though but because I'm not going to see any pre-season games this year now.

I don't think not playing the friendly will damage our chances this season in any way, they might even help them considering we won't get spanked by Inter Milan and have to squeeze Boston into just a few days before the first competitive match. However it being cancelled will probably have hurt the actual club, not just in regards to the money already spent on the fixture and refunds that will have to be made, but also because of the extra STs or just match-day tickets that might have been bought after a good day out at the Walkers this Monday.

It also grates even more considering how much Inter Milan messed us about arranging the friendly in the first place.

On the political side I don't think its a very well thought out decision by Inter Milan, but I suspect it's probably some of their high-profile players throwing a wobbly rather than the manager/chairman etc just deciding for the whole club that they're not coming.

142957[/snapback]

Totally irresponsible. The risk was minimal. UEFA should come down on em like a ton of bricks with a fine, compensation for the clubs affected, elimination from European football for three years and 10 League points deducted. That would teach them to wilfully break a contract without good reason and, in future, any properly arranged game should NEVER be cancelled without proper reference to the appropriate football authority.

142964[/snapback]

Going over the top there don't you think? :huh:

142957[/snapback]

142964[/snapback]

Wow you dont mess about do you? :D

Cant see it happening though...

142957[/snapback]

142964[/snapback]

Going over the top there don't you think? :huh:

142977[/snapback]

Bet they wouldn't do it again!!!.

From the OS

Leicester City will be seeking substantial damages from Inter Milan after the Italian club cancelled their four game tour of England earlier today.

Milan had been due to open their tour with a prestige fixture against Craig Levein's Foxes at the Walkers Stadium on Monday.

But just two days before the game - which had been expected to attract a crowd of between 25-30,000 - Inter officials informed City by fax on Saturday morning they would not be coming to England for security reasons.

A City spokesman said: "We are extremely disappointed in the actions of Inter Milan.

"We will be contacting the Football Association and UEFA and we shall also be seeking substantial damages from Inter.

"The club has already incurred substantial costs in preparing for the fixture and we had expected a crowd of up to 30,000 supporters - all of whom will be very upset by Inter's late withdrawal.

"Regarding Inter's concerns over security, we have worked closely with the local police and safety advisory group and they informed us they had no security concerns for this fixture and were perfectly happy for it to take place."

On their official website, Inter have made the following statement: "Football takes a step back because of increasing serious events which touch the sensitivity of everyone. For this reason, and given the situation, the club has decided to cancel the team's tour of England."

City will be liasing with Inter's three other scheduled tour opponents - Norwich, Portsmouth and Crystal Palace - in the coming days to formulate a united response to Inter.

Sue to fockers!

Inter to rethink England tour cancellation. :huh::o:unsure:

Inter Milan will rethink their cancellation of a pre-season England tour because of safety fears following the London suicide bombings after the city's mayor said terrorists would be celebrating the decision.

"The club ... in the light of the misunderstanding following the cancellation of the team's England duties ... is looking into the possibility of finding a positive solution to the situation," Inter said in a statement on their website.

Inter were due to play Portsmouth, Leicester City, Norwich City and Crystal Palace, all in the last week of July.

The only match which would have taken place in London would have been against Crystal Palace.

London's mayor Ken Livingstone hit out at Inter's decision, telling Sky News on Saturday: "I think that it is a very silly thing to do because it is playing the terrorists' game. They want to change the way we live."

He added: "The terrorists, I am sure, will be celebrating their decision. The idea there might not be an attack back home (in Milan), that they are more safe there than here, is a complete illusion.

"The truth is, as we have seen from the horrifying news from Egypt, nowhere in the world is safe."

Four British-born suicide bombers killed 52 people and injured 700 others in attacks on three trains and a bus in London on July 7.

The capital was struck again this week when another four bombs appeared to have failed to detonate properly.

On Saturday, at least 88 people were killed and around 200 injured when car bombs ripped through the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in the worst attack in Egypt since 1981.

The Italian government has said Italy, a U.S. ally in the war in Iraq, could be the next target for terrorists. Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu has said terrorism is "knocking on Italy's door".

The English clubs let down by Inter were damning in their criticism.

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster said the Italians were "giving in to the terrorists".

"We find Inter Milan's decision hugely disappointing and totally wrong ... Pulling out at this late stage causes considerable inconvenience to our supporters," he said.

Source

Inter to rethink England tour cancellation.  :huh:  :o  :unsure:
Inter Milan will rethink their cancellation of a pre-season England tour because of safety fears following the London suicide bombings after the city's mayor said terrorists would be celebrating the decision.

"The club ... in the light of the misunderstanding following the cancellation of the team's England duties ... is looking into the possibility of finding a positive solution to the situation," Inter said in a statement on their website.

Inter were due to play Portsmouth, Leicester City, Norwich City and Crystal Palace, all in the last week of July.

The only match which would have taken place in London would have been against Crystal Palace.

London's mayor Ken Livingstone hit out at Inter's decision, telling Sky News on Saturday: "I think that it is a very silly thing to do because it is playing the terrorists' game. They want to change the way we live."

He added: "The terrorists, I am sure, will be celebrating their decision. The idea there might not be an attack back home (in Milan), that they are more safe there than here, is a complete illusion.

"The truth is, as we have seen from the horrifying news from Egypt, nowhere in the world is safe."

Four British-born suicide bombers killed 52 people and injured 700 others in attacks on three trains and a bus in London on July 7.

The capital was struck again this week when another four bombs appeared to have failed to detonate properly.

On Saturday, at least 88 people were killed and around 200 injured when car bombs ripped through the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in the worst attack in Egypt since 1981.

The Italian government has said Italy, a U.S. ally in the war in Iraq, could be the next target for terrorists. Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu has said terrorism is "knocking on Italy's door".

The English clubs let down by Inter were damning in their criticism.

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster said the Italians were "giving in to the terrorists".

"We find Inter Milan's decision hugely disappointing and totally wrong ... Pulling out at this late stage causes considerable inconvenience to our supporters," he said.

Source

143115[/snapback]

Fuk em' they've got a day before the game, and there still undecided and still messing us and othe clubs about, we have already sorted a replacement (Its Boston but it still a replacement)

:wave: Inter Milan...

To be honest i'd rather the club we're successful in sueing Inter Milan rather than having the Friendly.... ;)

I know it's back on now but when I found out it was off I was livid.

I totally agree with all that Simon Jordan had to say on the matter, Inter have been pathetic about the whole thing. Maybe we should cancel the whole season, maybe we sould cancel our lives and stay in our homes because of the terrorists! This fiasco has let the terrorist know they are having a massive effect on our lives.

Archived