Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boosmanana

Inter match off

Apologies to boosmanana for not believing him.

I hope LCFC do get substantial damages from Inter Milan - after all, it's not like Leicester, Norwich and the like are hotbeds of terrorist activity (or likely to be). The club must have incurred a lot of expenses to arrange this game, it's not fair that Inter pull the plug 2 days before the game.

However, if LCFC did know about it yesterday, why the **** didn't they annouce this news sooner?

It says on the OS that the club were informed by fax on Saturday morning so how the person on work experience knew about it yesterday seems odd.

142815[/snapback]

Maybe it was just written confirmation that they were pulling out, but knew about it beforehand?

I hope LCFC do get substantial damages from Inter Milan - after all, it's not like Leicester, Norwich and the like are hotbeds of terrorist activity (or likely to be). The club must have incurred a lot of expenses to arrange this game, it's not fair that Inter pull the plug 2 days before the game.

However, if LCFC did know about it yesterday, why the **** didn't they annouce this news sooner?

142811[/snapback]

Well the bus station and market were closed off yesterday afternoon due to suspect packages or unattended bags or something so I was told. :huh:

It says on the OS that the club were informed by fax on Saturday morning so how the person on work experience knew about it yesterday seems odd.

142815[/snapback]

Do you believe the club though?

I'm more inclined to believe boosmanana on this one, how would he know that the game was off on Friday if Inter hadn't communicated to the club by then? It's not something that you could make up and coincidentally turns out to be true.

142815[/snapback]

Do you believe the club though?

I'm more inclined to believe boosmanana on this one, how would he know that the game was off on Friday if Inter hadn't communicated to the club by then? It's not something that you could make up and coincidentally turns out to be true.

142821[/snapback]

But it's still a little weird that this statement was on their official site at 10 to 9 last night

From the Inter Website:

MANCINI: "WE'LL HONOUR OUR COMMITMENTS"

Friday, 22 July 2005 20:48:58

[FOTO Friday, 22 July 2005 20:48:58] RISCONE DI BRUNICO - In an interview to Sky this evening Roberto Mancini confirmed that Inter's tour of England will go ahead after Massimo Moratti did the same on Friday afternoon. "It's obvious that there's a bit of worry and fear because of what has happened in these last days, but we're only playing one match in London against Crystal Palace; we'll see if there'll be any problems in that situation," Mancini said. "The other matches are outside London and our base is also a calm town. So like I said before there will be no worries and we'll have no problems honouring our commitments."

Source

142584[/snapback]

142811[/snapback]

Well the bus station and market were closed off yesterday afternoon due to suspect packages or unattended bags or something so I was told. :huh:

142820[/snapback]

Can't see it happening in Leicester and if it did you'd know. The place would be too quiet. :):)

How about keeping your mouth shut next time until your point is proven? Spreading pointless rumours via mouth-to-mouth is probably the most stupid way of "telling the truth". :frusty:

Remember the Telephone Game in class?

At least you have the guts to apologize.

142654[/snapback]

Seems like I have to apologize. Sorry!

Bloody Italian divas, think they can do whatever they want to!!! :mad:

No place in the world is safe enough, and especially Italy will be the next target on the terrorist's list... The Scala in Milan maybe or the Roman Colosseum? The Tower of Pisa? Venice?

Pfft... <_<

joke decision

norwich portsmouth and us, can they be fixtures more scattered away from london?

as someone has mentioned, probably the easiest way of getting out of contract ties

Didn't take them long to organise replacement games!

From the Inter Site:

BRUNICO - FC Internazionale has arranged three friendly matches for the coming week as pre-season preparations will now continue in Riscone di Brunico until Saturday 30 July.

The first friendly is against Mallorca in Watten, Austria at 20:00CET on Monday 25 July, then the Nerazzurri play Red Star Belgrade in Bolzano at 20:30 on Wednesday 27 July. The third friendly is against Serie B side Treviso at 18:00 on Friday 29 July.

Didn't take them long to organise replacement games!

From the Inter Site:

BRUNICO - FC Internazionale has arranged three friendly matches for the coming week as pre-season preparations will now continue in Riscone di Brunico until Saturday 30 July.

The first friendly is against Mallorca in Watten, Austria at 20:00CET on Monday 25 July, then the Nerazzurri play Red Star Belgrade in Bolzano at 20:30 on Wednesday 27 July. The third friendly is against Serie B side Treviso at 18:00 on Friday 29 July.

142894[/snapback]

It seems to me that Inter have been planning these 'replacement' games for a while then - after all, how could they arrange three friendlies in the last 24 hours since they told us they were cancelling? :ph34r:

So are the ticket offices ofering refunds or what?  :angry:

142913[/snapback]

Yes, if you'd checked out the OS you'd have read this.

So are the ticket offices ofering refunds or what?  :angry:

142913[/snapback]

No refunds. The evil club directors have decided to feck the fans again and have organised a huge piss up where they will all get horrendously sh*tfaced and do a Freddie Shepherd and slag off all the loyal fans, who never moan or doubt that the board have the CLUB'S interest at heart, and ensure that some wonderful truth seeking journo is in earshot.

Of course the club will refund your money, for goodness sake.

Read on SSN that Richard Caborn is trying to talk them back into coming, no chance of that working though I feel. I am very disappointed, mostly not because of political reasons though but because I'm not going to see any pre-season games this year now.

I don't think not playing the friendly will damage our chances this season in any way, they might even help them considering we won't get spanked by Inter Milan and have to squeeze Boston into just a few days before the first competitive match. However it being cancelled will probably have hurt the actual club, not just in regards to the money already spent on the fixture and refunds that will have to be made, but also because of the extra STs or just match-day tickets that might have been bought after a good day out at the Walkers this Monday.

It also grates even more considering how much Inter Milan messed us about arranging the friendly in the first place.

On the political side I don't think its a very well thought out decision by Inter Milan, but I suspect it's probably some of their high-profile players throwing a wobbly rather than the manager/chairman etc just deciding for the whole club that they're not coming.

Archived