Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJMadness29

Post-Match 2-1 Wolves

Wolves now 4th bottom and 2 points off relegation.

I almost feel bad !! lol

Unbelievable. Most people tipped them to be in the top 6 and they looked like they would be in the early part of the season. They've had a mare with managers the last year.

Mind explaining what you mean by that, or are you both going to leave it as a vague declaration you can't actually back up?

Ok... this is why Konchesky is ruining Marshall.

Marshall is mainly limited to playing on the left flank. Why is this you may wonder? This is because Knockaert would be too restricted with Konchesky behind him. And secondly, he is better than Dyer. Is it any coincidence that Dyer looked like a world beater with Schlupp behind him? Also the fact that every time Marshall has played on the right with De Laet supporting him he has looked a lot more effective? This is beyond a coincidence now.

Take the Wolves match for example. How many times did Konchesky bomb on, effectively forcing Marshall to drop deeper and when Konchesky loses the ball, leaves Marshall to play at left back. He looks devoid of confidence because he's always having to worry about Konchesky's runs and actions, hence why Marshall is used on the left (tactically by Pearson) and looks fed up. I know if I was a winger and I was being told that my first priority is to cover my full back because they are incapable of doing their jobs, I would become highly frustrated, lose motivation and not improve at all. How do people expect Marshall to improve as a player when he doesn't have a licence to attack?

Can people please leave Marshall alone, I feel sorry for him because he's been executing his job to perfection.

Marshall is mainly limited to playing on the left flank. Why is this you may wonder? This is because Knockaert would be too restricted with Konchesky behind him. And secondly, he is better than Dyer. Is it any coincidence that Dyer looked like a world beater with Schlupp behind him? Also the fact that every time Marshall has played on the right with De Laet supporting him he has looked a lot more effective? This is beyond a coincidence now.

Take the Wolves match for example. How many times did Konchesky bomb on, effectively forcing Marshall to drop deeper and when Konchesky loses the ball, leaves Marshall to play at left back. He looks devoid of confidence because he's always having to worry about Konchesky's runs and actions, hence why Marshall is used on the left (tactically by Pearson) and looks fed up. I know if I was a winger and I was being told that my first priority is to cover my full back because they are incapable of doing their jobs, I would become highly frustrated, lose motivation and not improve at all. How do people expect Marshall to improve as a player when he doesn't have a licence to attack?

Can people please leave Marshall alone, I feel sorry for him because he's been executing his job to perfection.

I think the main reason Marshall's on the left is because he's generally better than Dyer and because Knocky's most effective on the right where he can cut inside.

We saw Knocky coming back to perform defensive duties and cover for De Laet many times in the Wolves match, so I don't really buy the "Marshall's being ruined by having to cover for Konch" line. Mostly I think it's because he isn't as good as Knocky and our fans are very fickle so that now means he isn't good enough.

Weird question but do you go to Adelaide United games and sometime where an old school Leicester top with the walkers sponsor on the front and of asian apperance?

Not me, definately aussie not asian! Do occasionally go to AU games but I wear my 1982 Foxes retro red away shirt.

And he'd be fine on the right side, with De Laet behind him, who doesn't bomb forward at all :rolleyes:

I don't buy this at all - yes he has to cover for Konch when Konch goes on the over-lap, but that's not meaning he has no license to attack. BoxingFoxes is right, it's more he's not as good as Knocky and our fans are fickle.

Archived