Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJMadness29

Post-Match 2-1 Wolves

Way too tight in the end, uncomfortable viewing

We gave struggled to retain the ball and struggled to get it back, Wolves even had a few chances and the last one where Wes lost SEB im sure Wes used his hand to knock it off his nut

But we won, well done Nuge (good work Lloyd), three points and a smile. Keep it up lads

Agreed.

We've certainly looked a lot more defensively sound than that this season. The last 10 minutes was a bit tetchy and that was mainly through our own doing, too many times did people have the option to play the simple pass which would allow us to keep possession and waste a bit of time but they panicked or went for the spectacular. If we're going to be grinding out results then playing in that manner will see us lose leads not keep them more often than not.

But we won and that was the main thing, particularly given how results had gone for those around us. Could be a win we'll look back on and say we were fortunate/dogged to grind out at a crucial point. Opportunity to put a run together and buy some breathing space here, let's do it. I think if we're to catch Cardiff then now is the time that we'll need a good run and we'll somehow need to beat them at their place.

Promising though, what a great opportunity we have at promotion to the Premier League and that's the first time you can say that for the best part of a decade.

Wolves probably deserved a point but I wouldn't say we were particularly lucky.

Marshall should have buried his chance in the first half, Wood missed a sitter, by all accounts we should have had a penalty (I've not seen a replay) and Henry looked very lucky to stay on the pitch.

Knockaert is such an exciting player to watch. I don't know if people are just becoming accustomed to watching his brilliance, but he is taking the piss now on a pretty regular basis for large stretches of games.

Watched it live this morning via Setanta. Reasonable first half and to be honest with us controlling almost all the play we should have been further in front. Definately a penalty missed by the Ref and his Assistant re the blatant shove on Knocky and Marshall should have had us 2-0 up at halftime. The Henry tackle was very poor but I was gobsmacked to see the Ref only caution him. I think that was due to King bouncing straight up but you can imagine the outcry if he had broken his leg which was highly likely and it is hard to believe that King actually got up as quick as he did when you see the slow-motion replay. Any other day and another ref may have handed out a red - I'm sure if it were one of our players then we would have been reuced to 10 men. I though the ref was very poor and appeared to favour Wolves all night.

Second half we went through the motions and lacked urgency except for a patch after they scored. Wood blew a sitter but he can't score everytime but he should be burying those types of chances. We seemed to lack flair and creativity once Knocky went off and from that point we defended even deeper than we had for the main part of the game. That dropping right back and allowing them to run at us from mid pitch is worrying as it is frustrating. I think the midfield need to work harder to put pressure on the ball in that situation - we made it far too easy and in the end we were very lucky they didn't pinch a point.

The other worry I had today was the make up of the bench - no recognised defender as cover re an injury. A lot of luck involved there Nigel! Can't work out how you would have both Wellens and Gally on the bench and not have Liam Moore? I'm sure the make up of the subs will alter once SSL and Whitbread are back from injury?

Still will take the 3 points any day with an average performance as we put up.

Watched it live this morning via Setanta. Reasonable first half and to be honest with us controlling almost all the play we should have been further in front. Definately a penalty missed by the Ref and his Assistant re the blatant shove on Knocky and Marshall should have had us 2-0 up at halftime. The Henry tackle was very poor but I was gobsmacked to see the Ref only caution him. I think that was due to King bouncing straight up but you can imagine the outcry if he had broken his leg which was highly likely and it is hard to believe that King actually got up as quick as he did when you see the slow-motion replay. Any other day and another ref may have handed out a red - I'm sure if it were one of our players then we would have been reuced to 10 men. I though the ref was very poor and appeared to favour Wolves all night.

Second half we went through the motions and lacked urgency except for a patch after they scored. Wood blew a sitter but he can't score everytime but he should be burying those types of chances. We seemed to lack flair and creativity once Knocky went off and from that point we defended even deeper than we had for the main part of the game. That dropping right back and allowing them to run at us from mid pitch is worrying as it is frustrating. I think the midfield need to work harder to put pressure on the ball in that situation - we made it far too easy and in the end we were very lucky they didn't pinch a point.

The other worry I had today was the make up of the bench - no recognised defender as cover re an injury. A lot of luck involved there Nigel! Can't work out how you would have both Wellens and Gally on the bench and not have Liam Moore? I'm sure the make up of the subs will alter once SSL and Whitbread are back from injury?

Weird question but do you go to Adelaide United games and sometime where an old school Leicester top with the walkers sponsor on the front and of asian apperance?

Got back about half an hour ago. Sat in J3 today.

That certainly wasn't our best performance but we won. That's something we can't say we've done very often over the years IMO. Wolves performance reminded me an awful lot of us at Southampton last season. They do have quite a few very decent players in their side i.e. Doumbia, O'Hara, Ebanks-Blake (nothing special but a real handful, even for Wes!) and obviously Sako. Throughout much of the season, they've been below par and struggled to pick up the results that they should have with the squad at their disposal. However, they raised their game tonight and gave us a real game and in all honesty deserved something out the game. Nugent also scored a similar goal to the one he scored that night.

I'm glad they hit the post in the last minute, lost 2-1 and went back with nothing. Not nice is it Wolves?! Other fans saying that we've been lucky (mainly referring to that Hull thread). Well what about Forest at home, Blackburn away and hitting the post in the last minute at Molineux too!

The Wolves fans were pretty good, our atmosphere was decent during the first 15 minutes and then pretty much just went for the rest of the game. :(

Finally, I know that my record when attending our games is bloody awful, but that was the first goal I've seen us concede at home in 4 games this season. And what a goal it was too!

Very happy. Unspectacular again but that's two wins on the bounce that could've gone either way and it's gone our way, this is the sign of a team going up.

Five wins on the bounce now for the second time this season, we're absolutely flying.

Knockaert, Nugent & Morgan the stars for me tonight. Nugent to be fair other than his goal wasn't great, Knockaert was terrific, Morgan is simply the best defender in the league bar none, I'll happily challenge anyone to name me a better one.

Surprised at Wolves being 19th and potentially 21st after Saturday, they're one of the best sides to come here this season for me.

Great result even though we didn't play particularly well (except for Morgan and Schmeichel, who were both faultless). There's a way to go, but it's starting to feel right.

That's us to miss the play-offs on goal difference then...

We were bang behind Nugs goal...Beauty.

Good tough perfomance.

Truely worrying now that we can ACTUALLY get Promotion!!! lol

Only neg for me is the Enigma that is Ben Marshall...he's nowhere near anything as good as last season(contract signing>money in pocket> cant give a fcuk!???)

At times Konch was yelling at him to concentrate

He did make an important challenge, but that has summed up his contribution. I feel he just isn't dynamic enough.

Kingy did a lot of things right but, apart from the odd vital tackle, they were simple things that kept possession. For me he's utterly neutralised these days. He doesn't look anything like the goal threat he used to be and he doesn't make things happen. It's all keep ball.

Kingy did a lot of things right but, apart from the odd vital tackle, they were simple things that kept possession. For me he's utterly neutralised these days. He doesn't look anything like the goal threat he used to be and he doesn't make things happen. It's all keep ball.

I know where you are coming from but without possession you can't really do anything.

As for King, last night was typical of what happens when we come up against a more physical side. Time after time our midfield was just pushed out of the way. I thought King did ok in the first half and made a couple of good forward runs into the box but he just lacked the physical strength to get past the defender and was basically musceld away from goal. second half he did some very good defensive work but he just isn't capable of dominating a midfield battle he isn't that sort of player and that is what we really need at times. Also for him it looks as if Drinkwater/James is a better balance than Drinkwater/King.

I'm so relieved we won last night because at times we were very poor. Even in the first half when we were at least half decent we were opened up far too easily and only because of really poor crossing by Wolves we were not under greater pressure. The second half we were dismal. We made Wolves look to be far better than they really were and I can see why they have struggled this season.

Liam Moore was injured. The bench was just made up of whoever was fit!

reasonable performance, though we need to do better if were gonna stay in the top 2

hope woods not gonna fizzle out....looking likely....

lol

One poor ish game and you say he's gonna 'fizzle out'?

Now THAT'S the type of reactionary nonsense that we've become accustomed to.

Morning all, late last night, bloody M1.

That was tight, Wolves looked far better than their position in the table would suggest, good contest.

We were pretty good for much of the first half, a bit over elaborate with the passing going forward but not too bad. Our 4-4-2 is looking a lot less rigid these days, Marshall and Knockaert allowed to roam, fullbacks getting forward, Wood dropping off, much improved........ :thumbup: My only concern was our defending in our box, particularly from set pieces, skittish at best....... :(

Second half Wolves upped the tempo and came at us, dominating much of the play, Knockaert and Marshall faded, our fulbacks were pushed deep and suddenly Nugent and Wood looked isolated. Definitely second best but we did dig in and fight for the win and for that reason alone just about deserved the points...... :thumbup:

Where was Matt James injured?

Last 15 mins needed to fill the midfield.Vardy and Waghorn not the ideal 2 to be bringing on.

James/drinky is the prefferd pair with king coming on towards the end if needed

Ill apparently - has some sort of virus- ditto Moore.

I know that King has a tendency to disappear in games but felt that he never recovered from Henry's assassination attempt last night so for that to go unpunished means that the referee failed in his duty to police the game.

I just think this is it, this is our season. For me the last two games have the "season defining" look about them. That save against Middlesborough and the hard fought victory yesterday when teams around us had faulted and we needed a win look like the stuff of champions! Come on you fvcking lovely Foxes! Not saying we will win the league (Cardiff look very good) but I really think automatic promotion is a possibility. We look fvcking awesome! COMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

X

Archived