Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJMadness29

Post-Match 2-1 Wolves

Despite it being a rather scrappy game, it was immensely exciting and Wolves definitely took advantage of our complacency and at times sloppy passing. Second half I felt we lacked an extra midfielder, and DD was rather lost trying to hold the middle together. Definitely one of those games you need to win when you're not at your best. Excellent 3 points, all good goals. Credit to Lloyd for pulling the defender for Nuge's goal - nicely done.

We had our fair share of luck tonight,but we missed at least two guilt edge chances.

Sako looked a beast, terrific strike.

Please tell me what King offers in midfield? the master of the sideway pass.

I remember Kingy making a cracking covering tackle when Keane got beat, he wasn't too bad tonight

Way too tight in the end, uncomfortable viewing

We gave struggled to retain the ball and struggled to get it back, Wolves even had a few chances and the last one where Wes lost SEB im sure Wes used his hand to knock it off his nut

But we won, well done Nuge (good work Lloyd), three points and a smile. Keep it up lads

We had our fair share of luck tonight,but we missed at least two guilt edge chances.

Sako looked a beast, terrific strike.

Please tell me what King offers in midfield? the master of the sideway pass.

Defensive cover. He bailed Keane out big time when Wolves were piling on the pressure.

Just got back and my word that was such a hard fought victory, we fought to the end tonight and luckily came out on top, that game was nearly as nail biting than the Middlesbrough game.

Thought we played brilliantly in the first half, but second half we were all over the place, they dominated and deserved much more, they were very unlucky.

Thought most players were average tonight, but two players impressed me and they were Wes Morgan and Anthony Knockaert, Wes Morgan is officially the best defender we have had since Matt Elliott, the guy is incredible, strength and composure he shows is first class. Knockaert ran them ragged in the first half especially, they couldn't handle him and everything good basically came from him, such a well taken goal as well, the control, run and finish was top class.

Wood and Nugent just didn't fire tonight, apart from Nugent's goal and a couple of Wood lay offs they were both average, but got to hand it to Nugent for a well taken goal. I thought Richie De Laet was very poor tonight, defensively he was poor, attacking wise he was poor.

Very lucky tonight, very hard fought, key three points.

Well done Leicester!!!

Not the best performance from us but I'll take the three points.

Knocky and Marshall looked dangerous first half and seemed to switch of 2nd.

We should have had a pen and how did Henry not even get booked let alone stay on the pitch.

Wes Morgan stand up and take a bow. The guy is a rock and that's one thing we can thank the trees for. Def got to be player of the season.

Not the best performance, but a good result.

Agree with the comments about King. The problem is he doesn't pass the ball forward at all, a bit like Drinkwater in some respects. I know he chipped in a few times helping out with the defending but that's the least I'd expect, he needs to do more than just that to justify his place IMO. Was never really a part of the game today, which is not something you want to be saying about someone playing in the centre of midfield.

Knockaert is the best player I've seen at Leicester in 18 years supporting the club. I absolutely love watching him play.

Quote Nugent post match:

"If we can keep hold of him" :(

We're looking good though. We've come so far.

Obligatory Negativity:

Marshall was gash.

I think tonight and Saturday have proved how vital Matty James has become for us in the past month.

I was thinking the same, James is the difference between an easy win and a well fought win in my opinion, surprised united let him go...

Agreed.

I've been told that Newcastle had a scout there tonight, presumably watching Knockaert

They can go to hell...

had to change my pants a few times there! wolves deserved a point but then so did we at theres earlier in the season.

my main point is the squad. for me pearson needs to go out and get a midfielder in on loan. towards the end of that game it was crying out for a midfielder to come on for a striker but we didnt seem to have anyone? why put waghorn on when we werent seeing any of the ball? where was james?

delighted with the win but i do feel were a bit short in some areas if we get an injury or two.

WYS

I was nervous about this game and could see us slipping up, so I'm so happy that we dug in and got the 3 points. Any team getting promotion will need a slice of luck along the way (and we have had some bad luck against us too remember!!) At the end of the day, we deserve to be where we are in 2nd spot at present. Long way to go but every game that passes that we can remain there and also suffer no new injuries is a relief!

Pressure on the teams below us now on Saturday to keep up with us. Our goal difference is like an extra point to us too!

Archived