Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Watford, hull and palace

• If having the best goal difference in the league isn't pulling up trees, you're quite right.
  • Only a tiny minority have called for Pearson's head at all, even less have done so 'all season.'
  • It isn't a strong league but look at the average age of our side, there's a ton of potential.
  • If we're not up to much, I presume you'd turn down Schmeichel, Morgan, Knockaert, Wood and Nugent.

A) What the hell does having the best goal difference in the league mean? You've had two or three big wins, and other than that been just as boring as us. In fact, probably more so, given that you have The Crab in charge. Just because you thumped God-awful Ipswich, Huddersfield and Bristol City sides does not mean you are 'pulling up trees', especially considering the level of investment in your squad over the past 18-24 months. Scoring goals and/or not conceding goals is also not an appropriate indicator of how good a team is. Were you not relegated in 2008 with the division's 2nd best defensive record?;

B) Every time I browse this site there's a big thread about whether or not Negative Nigel should go. It seems like more than one or two people think he should;

C) What good is potential to you in the here and now? How is it relevant to my criticism of your side?

D) Schmeichel is crap and Morgan isn't a player we need, as we are well-stocked at centre-half and have a decent defensive record of our own. Knockaert is a good player, but I'm not sure how he'd fit our system. Obviously I'd want Nugent and/or Wood, as they'd fit our style of play perfectly. But then, I doubt you'd turn down Robbie Brady as a replacement for the abysmal Paul Konchesky, or Robert Koren in midfield. A few decent individuals does not make you the best team in the Championship. Palace have a pretty poor set of players IMO, yet they're a decent collective outfit. Brighton have some brilliant individuals right through the team, yet they're not even in a play-off position. Hell, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Jamie O'Hara or Bakary Sako from Wolves, and where the hell are they in the league?

A) What the hell does having the best goal difference in the league mean? You've had two or three big wins, and other than that been just as boring as us. In fact, probably more so, given that you have The Crab in charge. Just because you thumped God-awful Ipswich, Huddersfield and Bristol City sides does not mean you are 'pulling up trees', especially considering the level of investment in your squad over the past 18-24 months. Scoring goals and/or not conceding goals is also not an appropriate indicator of how good a team is. Were you not relegated in 2008 with the division's 2nd best defensive record?;

Piss off, you don't even watch us that often. You weren't Brazil before Pearson and you aren't after. Neither are we.

You lot only give a toss about us because we took back the "boring, dull, miserable" manager you were so desperate to get rid of. So why don't you bugger off back to talk about how wonderful you are with the rest of the morons that follow your club?

*With the exception of Ruislip Tiger, who seems a decent guy.

Piss off, you don't even watch us that often. You weren't Brazil before Pearson and you aren't after. Neither are we

Pearson had us defending a 1-0 deficit for Christ's sake. We'd go a goal down after 5 minutes and spend the next 85 passing the ball between our centre-backs. After all, why risk losing by two or three by actually bothering to attack when you can lose by a single goal and pretend you were hard done by? The man's an arsewipe and you're quite welcome to the guy.

charlie smith = muppet

Mahna mahna...

Bloody hell, I certainly wouldn't describe our football this year as boring. The last few games have been poor but we create bucketloads of chances in a game and certainly don't play negative football like "Negative Nigel" apparently plays.

Pearson had us defending a 1-0 deficit for Christ's sake. We'd go a goal down after 5 minutes and spend the next 85 passing the ball between our centre-backs. After all, why risk losing by two or three by actually bothering to attack when you can lose by a single goal and pretend you were hard done by? The man's an arsewipe and you're quite welcome to the guy.

Mahna mahna...

It doesn't sound like you've seen us play this season. The Pearson we have now isn't the same one we had last season, or the one we had before you borrowed him.

I personally think we're the 4th best side in this league. Think Cardiff, Hull & Watford are all better sides than us.

How are Hull better than Palace we beat Hull comfortablly and drewaway whereas Palace were far too good for us. Assume the only times you have seen Hull were when we played them

• 3 weeks later...

Archived