Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Watford, hull and palace

It might be your opinion but it's still negative. We will pick up a load of points between now and May. Maybe not enough to get second but certainly enough to be in the top 5. All the evidence I've seen through the whole season suggests we're too good for this not to be the case. We've still got two games in hand and if Brighton can get a win at Cardiff, we definitely can. We do have our limitations but we're nowhere near as bad as you're making us out.

So it's a negative comment because you don't agree with it.

Your saying we will pick up loads of points between now and May, I'm saying I think we might just fade away. Neither of them are incorrect and we won't know this until the end of the season.

A few to many people on here have started to get complacent, thinking we have a right to beat to beat teams 3,4,5 nil. We don't we still have to go out there and do the business and in the last 3 game we haven't.

It's not just the last 3 games that have been poor Middeslborough at home we were lucky to get 3 points, Wolves were unlucky not to get at least a point. Unfortunately now we aren't getting that little bit of luck and we are being punished in games.

It's not a negative comment because I disagree with it, it's a negative comment because it fits the dictionary definition of the word, 'negative'.

Agreed. We will win points, we will lose points. Whatever happens, it won't be straight forward. Que sera sera...

Another point I agree with. It's strange that just a month ago, a lot of our fans weren't even considering the three teams in the title of this thread and thought that catching Cardiff was nothing other than inevitable. Seems funny now but the momentum could swing back our way or, who knows, in a months time, it may be Palace in the driving seat.

We have 2 games in hand.

Think it's largely irrelevant if I'm honest. If we don't sort our recent form out then they'll be another two defeats, although Cardiff we could loan Barcelona's side and we'd probably still manage to lose.

I personally think we're the 4th best side in this league. Think Cardiff, Hull & Watford are all better sides than us.

On our day our best 11 can match any in the league, problem is that's our only 11, what sets us apart from the rest of the teams around us is depth, we have non, what you see is what you get!

Yep one against Cardiff and the other against an in form Blackburn.

Sorry, but how exactly are they in form? Their recent league form over the past ten games is inconsistent at best:

Middlesbrough - L

Barnsley - W

Forest - W

Wolves - D

Charlton - L

Brighton - D

Bristol City - W

Ipswich - W

Brighton - D

Hull - L

Nothing to be afraid of there IMO, they've played a load of dross and the only half decent team they've managed to beat is Forest and that was back when they were in complete disarray. If we're on top of our game, we should win.

I think all three will finish above us. My prediction is that cardiff will win the league with Watford finishing second. Palace third. Hull fourth. Us fifth. Blackburn sixth. Shame that there's so many teams around us that just keep on winning. If I'm being honest I think Blackburn will win the play offs aswell! Predictions?

I agree...

i think an auto spot is disappearing game by game, and there are at least half a dozen teams better than us in this division. Playoffs maybe, but would this squad have the bottle for palyoffs again against these battling teams and under the added presure and expectation?

The 'beauty' of the play offs reveals itself around this point of the season when bottle counts. Great for the neutrals, but not for foxes fans!

I agree...

i think an auto spot is disappearing game by game, and there are at least half a dozen teams better than us in this division. Playoffs maybe, but would this squad have the bottle for palyoffs again against these battling teams and under the added presure and expectation?

The 'beauty' of the play offs reveals itself around this point of the season when bottle counts. Great for the neutrals, but not for foxes fans!

Well yeah, it will do if we keep losing. If we win our two games in hand we'll only be 3 points behind second place. I'd hardly say that's out of reach just yet. Obviously we've got to get our shit together, but if we put a run together then there's no reason we can't stay in touch with the top two. Don't let a couple of defeats rattle you guys!

I personally think we're the 4th best side in this league. Think Cardiff, Hull & Watford are all better sides than us.

I haven't been impressed by Hull and personally think we're a better side.

I can see it now...

Leicester vs Blackburn, Play-Off Final... Knockaert takes a dive, pen awarded and we score it and win 1-0.......REVENGE IS OURS!!!!

That would be one of the most beautiful moments ever.

Knocking Chelsea out of the cup next season in the same way.

Thanks for that thought - cheered me up no end :-)

Not that I'm still bitter or anything!

That would be one of the most beautiful moments ever.

Knocking Chelsea out of the cup next season in the same way.

Thanks for that thought - cheered me up no end :-)

Not that I'm still bitter or anything!

Haha we all like abit of revenge!

It would be better if we were 1-0 up in the final and Blackburn had a goal dissalowed for being offside. :)

Yes that could work aswell!

Leicester are the best side we've played this year (You took 4pts from us). Cardiff may be more consistent, but if you get your shit together you're still favourites for 2nd place. Though time will tell if our Transfer windows signings can maintain their good initial form. Watford are skilful but can be bullied out of a game. I was there to witness Palace do exactly that recently. Palace will continue to slowly fade. I still fear Middlesbrough; they're a good team if they can drag themselves out of their recent slump. It will take form of epic proportions for anybody currently out of the play-offs to get any higher than 6th.

75pts for the Play offs

88pts for Automatic

I haven't been impressed by Hull and personally think we're a better side.

You've not exactly been pulling up any trees, have you. That's probably why your fans have been calling for Pearson's head all season.

I'd say that Leicester are still favourites for 2nd spot myself, but if you do get promoted it won't be because you're up to much. You'll simply be the second best of a bad bunch. Gus Poyet was right about the quality of the teams in this league, and from what I've seen of your lot you're as much a mediocre side as us.

Some of you lot on here are ridiculous! Go and support someone else if this is your attitude. You're not wanted here.

People are allowed opinions even if they do disagree with yours.

The problem with this board is that should someone post an opinion deemed to be negative about the team or manager they get this kind of comment thrown at them.

You've not exactly been pulling up any trees, have you. That's probably why your fans have been calling for Pearson's head all season.

I'd say that Leicester are still favourites for 2nd spot myself, but if you do get promoted it won't be because you're up to much. You'll simply be the second best of a bad bunch. Gus Poyet was right about the quality of the teams in this league, and from what I've seen of your lot you're as much a mediocre side as us.

• If having the best goal difference in the league isn't pulling up trees, you're quite right.
  • Only a tiny minority have called for Pearson's head at all, even less have done so 'all season.'
  • It isn't a strong league but look at the average age of our side, there's a ton of potential.
  • If we're not up to much, I presume you'd turn down Schmeichel, Morgan, Knockaert, Wood and Nugent.

Archived