Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ReyAzarola

What has gone wrong then?

Get all your points in quick, because if we win on Tuesday we probably won't see you again for a couple of months.

Brilliant, you write endless reams of shite about how its all going to be alright so you're great. Just wanted to say that it is a shame we have lost momentum, not attacking your precious Nige, don't worry.

Cardiff are top because,much like the game against us, they consistently

win by the oddgoal.

Our recent 5 win run had 3 such wins but 2 results when we ran away with it.

Subsequent losses and a draw just shows our inconsistency.

Compare our away form to Cardiff,Watford or Hull.

At times our form has been very good but not consistently.

Those 6 & 4 goal wins showed what we are capable of but lead to false hope.

Please respond to my points instead of resorting to that, I'm not talking about last season or the season before. Not that we underperformed in 2010-2011...

Sorry sir.

1. Five is acceptable when we win five in a row.

2. You don't need 92 points to go up automatically, bit it helps

Or for that matter over 8 games 16 points which 2 points per game average which is automatic promotion form is it not? but seenitall you should by now realize that form changes it is where we are at the end of the season that matters not now!

Absolutely and I still hope we can turn it round again. Frustrating though isn't it?

You know we've hit a bad vein of form when you see this. :(

Seriously, people who only turn up on here when things aren't going our way are ten times more irritating than the happy-clappy posters.

french-stereotype.jpg

For all the moaners saying how useless we are, I'd like to point out that we have never lost by more than 1 goal so far in the league this season. All our competion for promotion have been well a truly hammered at least once this season.

Watford lost 5-1 to Derby.

Hull got beaten yesterday 4-1 and on 4 other occasions have lost by 2 goals (including to us).

Crystal Palace lost 4-1 to Bristol City.

Brighton lost 3-0 to Crystal Palace.

Middlesborough have been beaten by more than one goal several times, including a couple of 4-1s.

Even Cardiff have lost by 2 goals on a couple of occasions.

Even when we've been poor, we've never been totally out of the game (score-wise at least). For the want of one goal a game here and there we would have several more points. We're not far off from being a very neat and tidy unit and I really can't see what all the doomsayers are on about.

You know we've hit a bad vein of form when you see this. :(

Seriously, people who only turn up on here when things aren't going our way are ten times more irritating than the happy-clappy posters.

french-stereotype.jpg

Always here amigo, just feel compelled to write when we are very good or very poor. Not every time anyone has a mere notion to say how much they love Nigel.

For all the moaners saying how useless we are, I'd like to point out that we have never lost by more than 1 goal so far in the league this season. All our competion for promotion have been well a truly hammered at least once this season.

Hull got beaten yesterday 4-1 and on 4 other occasions have lost by 2 goals (including to us).

Middlesborough have been beaten by more than one goal several times, including a couple of 4-1s.

Even when we've been poor, we've never been totally out of the game (score-wise at least). For the want of one goal a game here and there we would have several more points. We're not far off from being a very neat and tidy unit and I really can't see what all the doomsayers are on about.

I could go further and point out that we haven't lost by more than one goal in the league since being beaten 2-0 at Reading last season. In fact, we haven't lost by more than two goals in the league since Pearson returned; this includes last season where we were dreadful for most of it.

Say what you like about Pearson, his sides don't tend to be absolutely pumped.

I could go further and point out that we haven't lost by more than one goal in the league since being beaten 2-0 at Reading last season. In fact, we haven't lost by more than two goals in the league since Pearson returned; this includes last season where we were dreadful for most of it.

Say what you like about Pearson, his sides don't tend to be absolutely pumped.

We have been consistent,not losing by more tnan one goal.....

.....far too often!

You seem to be taking the fact of when we lose that we only lose by the odd goal as a positive!!!!

We got relegated to league one with the best defensive record in the league by the way.

Well we won 5 in a row and people thought we were a shoe-in for automatic promotion and were gleefully debating whether we would finish 1st or 2nd. But people were overlooking the facts.

1-0 vs Burnley

6-1 vs Huddersfield

4-0 vs Bristol

1-0 vs Boro

2-1 vs Wolves

We flattered ourselves by encountering two of the poorest sides to play championship football this season in Huddersfield and pre SoD Bristol, either side of those victories our margin of victory was very much slimmer and if you look beyond Burnley you will remember another bad run.

Our last 3 league games

1-2 vs Peterborough

1-2 vs Charlton

0-0 vs Blackpool

I would say we were about even with Peterborough in that game, but they scored two great finishes while we squandered key oppurtunities after we had taken a lead. I thought Charlton were exceptionally lucky to score twice against us considering how little they attacked and the timing of their goals meant we had to play catch up the whole game. Against Blackpool it seemed like we edged it but failed to get the goal including missing a penalty.

I don't think anything has gone wrong, just that battering two crap teams made people think we were world beaters when we are one of a number of teams in with a shout of promotion and will most probably finish in the play-offs. We don't score enough goals unless we are playing sub-standard opposition and we will have to see if Kane and Wood's arrivals will change that

Don't worry, although we've only taken 1 point from 9 we won 5 on the trot before that.

Anyone want to remind me what we took in the 12 games prior to that.

Don't worry there are another 16 games and 48 points to play for.

We've taken 27 points from the last 16.

This idea that the current form is a blip could well be countered by saying that the previous 5 was a blip.

We have a young team who are starting to look tired, automatic seems very unlikely at the moment.

Were currently having dip in results. Creating chances though. Still 3rd favs for promotion. Maybe we just have to do it the hard way? 5 straight wins followed by 2 defeats and creditable draw at the seaside. Lets bury Jokeburn Rovers tuesday. Big mick saturday! Come on boys lets get behind NP. Harry Kane added looks great addition. Forget the past our season starts Tuesday nite. Jokeburn have no etuhu. no kazim richards. no ollson!! Bonus! 2-1 foxes. COME ON.

Clearly unable to read the pre-emptive bracketed statement as i knew some pedant would say that!!!

also 2 points per game is promotion form for the season average not just the last 8 games. cardiff are the only team at the minute that are doing that ,we need 10 more points to average two points per game so thats basically 10 wins on the trot. which aint gonna happen.

If my memory is correct didn't we hit a bit of bad form in our last play off season under Pearson around this time but then we picked up and hit good form and won the majority of our last remaining games, nothing has gone wrong we have lost two games and drew one i would start to worry if we hit form like Boro have done!

Archived