Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ReyAzarola

What has gone wrong then?

Its really hard to accept that we're not the only team in the league that this happens too.

Every team drops in form.

Every team loses games they should win.

Every teams best players look shit every now and then.

Every teams manager gets decisions wrong every now and then.

Every team buys a couple of shit players.

Every teams fans become restless and make their feelings known.

Some suffer from the above more than anyone and get relegated. Some suffer an average amount and finish mid table. The rest have pockets of the above and finish in the play offs or go up automatically.

There's nothing 'wrong' we're just going through the cycle of a top 6 season. My guess is we'll play badly for about 4 more games but collect enough points to keep us in the top 6, then we'll go on a decent run till the end of the season.

Unfortunately, the one thing in football that is required from everyone, fans, players, management and owners is the one thing that nobody has.

Patience.

Our form of 3 losses and a draw suggests something has gone wrong, but you could debate it's a blip and point to the straight 5 wins before ......

It's now finely balanced though ..... Lose on Tuesday and we can write of 2nd spot .... when second spot seemed to be ours to lose a few weeks ago ..... and it's a stinking patch of form too ..... win and we'll stop the rot ...... very big game.

As others have said, I don't think anything has necessarily "gone wrong".

Maybe overall our position reflects the squads capabilities. It's a young side that have proven they can play football against any team in the league. They have also shown clear vulnerabilities that unfortunately have been punished more often than not. I thought a draw yesterday was a good result to be fair at a hard place to play your football.

I share everyone's desire to get promoted this season but maybe with the age of the squad it could end up being a longer term project than we expected.

Edit: I know most of this post is drivel and I'll get slaughtered for it in the morning but I am half cut so go easy please lol

This is my first proper reply and soap box moment. 😉

I think that it goes further back to around 3 years ago when the board aloud Pearson to talk to hull. I still think maybe Pearson spat his dummy out a little and took it as the board didnt want him.

The board should have done all they could to keep him, we was on a huge roll and we was playing some of the finest football I've seen them play since the o'neal era.

We got Sven who had a massive budget for the championship league!! and really shit it up for us I think he tried to buy a winning team and that don't suit us at LCFC( in my opinion). And it took our sole and passion away.

Pearson is rebuilding us slowly and he is buying carefully and responsibly. ( Chris wood) we always look better when we buy players sporadically and fit them into our way of thinking/playing. Not bulk buy like SVEN/TAYLOR.

Without a shadow of a doubt Pearson will lead us to greatness and yes we need to go up this year but if we don't I will still don my hat scarf and shirt in the same way I have for 30 years plus.

I think that it goes further back to around 3 years ago when the board aloud Pearson to talk to hull. I still think maybe Pearson spat his dummy out a little and took it as the board didnt want him.

The board should have done all they could to keep him, we was on a huge roll and we was playing some of the finest football I've seen them play since the o'neal era.

We got Sven who had a massive budget for the championship league!! and really shit it up for us I think he tried to buy a winning team and that don't suit us at LCFC( in my opinion). And it took our sole and passion away.

Pearson is rebuilding us slowly and he is buying carefully and responsibly. ( Chris wood) we always look better when we buy players sporadically and fit them into our way of thinking/playing. Not bulk buy like SVEN/TAYLOR.

Without a shadow of a doubt Pearson will lead us to greatness and yes we need to go up this year but if we don't I will still don my hat scarf and shirt in the same way I have for 30 years plus.

Welcome

Interesting first post and welcome mate..

You stated 'without a doubt Pearson will lead us to greatness'....

Why do think categorically believe this?

Personally, Pearson has done a better job this season than I expected him to. I said at the start of this season that it was NEXT season that I expected us to really push on.

You're right of course... Nige has done exactly what I'd have done in terms of offloading the big wages and focussing on developing young players.

However, some of the negatives also remain in his management:

He doesn't seem to be particularly tactically flexible, we can't seem to get that level of consistently strong performances and he cannot appear to get the best out of our technically most gifted player.. Knocky.

He HAS made some poor signings this time round. Vardy and Futacs being two examples IMO. Finally, we have spent money. Of course, nowhere near the silly silly amounts that Sven wasted, but a decent amount nonetheless.

So I think the jury is still out, for some, myself included. Actually, in the sober light of day, I think it may be better if we didn't go up this season. Next season I think we will be in a better position to mount a really good challenge and then to sustain it should we gain promotion.

Whether we are 'destined for greatness' under Pearson is a massive shout. I'm still not totally convinced though I do concur he HAS made us better. Then again, following Sven he couldn't have made us a lot worse IMO.

a blip is a blip, we will come back fighting and other teams will drop points... it will go right down to the wire so whats the point in panicking now with 14 or so games to go

Really agree with this. This will now go down to the wire. Any individual result positive or negative will not have an immediate bearing on where we finish

Ok I admit GREATNESS may have been a tad to much.

I am probably going on more of the fact we have had half arsed managers that haven't done anything with us really and Pearson is the best manager we have had since o'neal. We seem to choose better with the cash being tight than when we have cash to use like Taylor when we sold heskey. Plus I believe a manager should have at least one FULL season first then judge his performance.

My heart rules my head in the way of promotion. My heart want us to go up this year but my head agrees that this year we would benefit more by staying put for one more season.

I just don't get you lot! We are having a blip after WINNING 5 GAMES IN A ROW apparently that means were tactically inept and have been inconsistent all season!

Pearson changed the line up and formation yesterday and got slated, towards the end of the game we reverted back to 4-4-2 and played better. Personally I think this tactics malarkey is bull, if everyone plays their role well in a 4-4-2 including our full backs and the one mid we leave further back to sweep up , then it's a good enough to beat any other bloody formation! Stop playing FM!

Secondly two losses against teams fighting to keep themselves away from the drop zone towards the business end of the season, these teams are unpredictable and were always going to be tough. Followed by a tough draw away at Blackpool's farm is a good result.

WE WILL NOT SMASH EVERYONE THIS SEASON, THE QUALITY OF THIS LEAGUE GOES FROM 1st TO 17th, there isn't much between anyone in that span and often that bit of luck and extra confidence is the only thing that influences a result.

We have more tough games to come and as already stated this league is unpredictable but I genuinely believe that when may comes around we will be up there or in a solid play off spot on good form.

Come on guys seriously! Stop moaning!

I can understand your moaning comment to a point but this is what a forum is for isn't it???

As for me I am very careful in the way I try and put my point across.and I will very rarely moan about tactics or formation as I'm not a manager. I'm a huge fan of Pearson as I have stated and it bothers me too when ppl moan about him but you have to let ppl voice there opinions too mucker.

I hope the owners don't do a abramovich and keep changing managers as it causes in settlement in the camp.

(God I love this forum I getting thumb ache. )

Archived