Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ReyAzarola

What has gone wrong then?

Nothing has gone wrong.

We are where we deserve to be in the league.

Top two will be Cardiff and Watford I think.

I just hope that my start of season prediction of 7th will prove to be pessimistic.

I'm afraid I think Forest are the side to watch for the 6th spot.

It's not gone wrong, it's part and parcel of football

Its really hard to accept that we're not the only team in the league that this happens too.

Every team drops in form.

Every team loses games they should win.

Every teams best players look shit every now and then.

Every teams manager gets decisions wrong every now and then.

Every team buys a couple of shit players.

Every teams fans become restless and make their feelings known.

Some suffer from the above more than anyone and get relegated. Some suffer an average amount and finish mid table. The rest have pockets of the above and finish in the play offs or go up automatically.

There's nothing 'wrong' we're just going through the cycle of a top 6 season. My guess is we'll play badly for about 4 more games but collect enough points to keep us in the top 6, then we'll go on a decent run till the end of the season.

Unfortunately, the one thing in football that is required from everyone, fans, players, management and owners is the one thing that nobody has.

Patience.

"What has gone wrong then?"

a) The season's not over yet.

b) It's only a blip.

c) "It's the Championship, stupid." ;)

Maybe I should have called this "whats the difference in the last 3 games to the previous 5?" I'm still feeling good we are having a great season. I feel we will definitely finish in the top 6 and are still in the hunt for automatic. I understand and accept loss and loss of form as well. However I would like to know why the team do not seem to be performing as well whether there has been a change in tactics, drop in morale etc. Obviously something is different in the approach of the team and I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on it.

We're having a great fooking season. We're Leicester not bloody Manchester United, just enjoy not having a shit season for once.

Who said I'm not enjoying it?

I just don't get you lot! We are having a blip after WINNING 5 GAMES IN A ROW apparently that means were tactically inept and have been inconsistent all season!

Pearson changed the line up and formation yesterday and got slated, towards the end of the game we reverted back to 4-4-2 and played better. Personally I think this tactics malarkey is bull, if everyone plays their role well in a 4-4-2 including our full backs and the one mid we leave further back to sweep up , then it's a good enough to beat any other bloody formation! Stop playing FM!

Secondly two losses against teams fighting to keep themselves away from the drop zone towards the business end of the season, these teams are unpredictable and were always going to be tough. Followed by a tough draw away at Blackpool's farm is a good result.

WE WILL NOT SMASH EVERYONE THIS SEASON, THE QUALITY OF THIS LEAGUE GOES FROM 1st TO 17th, there isn't much between anyone in that span and often that bit of luck and extra confidence is the only thing that influences a result.

We have more tough games to come and as already stated this league is unpredictable but I genuinely believe that when may comes around we will be up there or in a solid play off spot on good form.

Come on guys seriously! Stop moaning!

1. Said who?

2. We know

3. I'm not it's called analysis. Thankfully our management team is good at it.

I think it has in some part to do with the fact the Nige tinkered with a winning side for the cup games. Even though we werent playing great before the Hudds game, we had a knack of winning and keeping it tight. We know as well as anyone that Leicester are a confidence team. Get one win and we start to fly for 5 or 6 games until we lose, then the confidence drains and we go on a rut for a while. Alright our hand was forced a bit with the Wood situation but he tinkered too much over a few games, and because of it, we've lost our way. Never change a winning team unless enforced.

Not closing down from the front as quickly imo and playing the long ball up to wood to much where as before we played more passing and moving stuff on the floor,

Knockeart out of form is another reason just my opinions

Lack of confidence

Well it might have helped if we hadn't have disrupted the team on the back of 5 wins. I don't think we've got the most consistent set of players. I'd suspect we're lacking in confidence at the moment, something we must have been full of to go on that good run.

I can't comment on how we've played in a lot of games but it's seemed to me that this season we have had to get off to a good start or we've not won.

I'm surprised people are so defeatist about our capabilities to finish in the top 2 - we've worked our way there on a couple of occassions with great runs so surely we're capable of doing it again. It seems mental more than anything, as soon as we get there we start to fvck things up. Maybe we just need to time it right. People can bum Watford all they like but it's the first time they've been in the top 2 al season. We'll see how they react to the pressure.

I don't know what you can read into today's match, I didn't see it. But if you miss a penalty and a sitter whilst keeping sold at the back I'd suggest you can't draw too many conclusions.

We need a result soon, when this team have been in full flow it's looked great, but it's capable of looking very pedestrian and lacklustre as well.

At this point I still find it unthinkable that we'll drop out of the top 6. I'm not worried about the teams below us at all.

As others have said, I don't think anything has necessarily "gone wrong".

Maybe overall our position reflects the squads capabilities. It's a young side that have proven they can play football against any team in the league. They have also shown clear vulnerabilities that unfortunately have been punished more often than not. I thought a draw yesterday was a good result to be fair at a hard place to play your football.

I share everyone's desire to get promoted this season but maybe with the age of the squad it could end up being a longer term project than we expected.

Edit: I know most of this post is drivel and I'll get slaughtered for it in the morning but I am half cut so go easy please lol

Thanks for all of your insights - just what I was looking for. :)

For those still holding onto the 5 games in a row wins ...... if you then include our blip (obviously it wasn;'t a blip to win only lose) ...... then our form is 5 wins 3 losses and a draw.

16 points from 9 games ( i know one was in the cup but lets not be too pedantic) .... It's the form of a team around 6th ..... The negative run and the positive run weren't blips ... they are an accurate representation of how good we are over the course of a season.

For those still holding onto the 5 games in a row wins ...... if you then include our blip (obviously it wasn;'t a blip to win only lose) ...... then our form is 5 wins 3 losses and a draw.

16 points from 9 games ( i know one was in the cup but lets not be too pedantic) .... It's the form of a team around 6th ..... The negative run and the positive run weren't blips ... they are an accurate representation of how good we are over the course of a season.

Wrong

16 points from 8 games means 2 points average which is indicative of a team aiming for automatic promotion.

Maybe I should have called this "whats the difference in the last 3 games to the previous 5?" I'm still feeling good we are having a great season. I feel we will definitely finish in the top 6 and are still in the hunt for automatic. I understand and accept loss and loss of form as well. However I would like to know why the team do not seem to be performing as well whether there has been a change in tactics, drop in morale etc. Obviously something is different in the approach of the team and I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on it.

Who said I'm not enjoying it?

1. Said who?

2. We know

3. I'm not it's called analysis. Thankfully our management team is good at it.

1. Plenty on this board over the last few weeks. "NP doesn't get the tactics right" "CP outsmarted us with formations" ya da ya da.

2.You might and fair play to you as you are a down to earth poster,but many do not understand that and assume that just because a team is lower in the league than us then we should smash them.

3. Our management is good at it and you post a fair analysis of the games, what annoys me and what/who the post was aimed at was those who assume we should be smashing everyone and winning every week. Then come on here and rip NP, DW (Add in this week's scapegoat) to pieces for this that and the other.

I am sorry for generalising. I just wish that some posters on here could be more like the level headed people such as yourself.

Anyway rant over. Onwards and upwards.

Although I think Udinese will take one of the two promotion spots, could even come top imo.

Can anyone tell me where it says we can't put a run together and force our way into the top 2... just like we have done twice this season already?

Coincidently both times were after a short poor run

86 points will see us get automatic promotion imo it may even go down to goal difference on the final day of the season.

32 out of 42 points is very realistic to get in our poor form we have averaged 1.7 points a game so if we can get ourselves back firing on all cylinders then have no fear, we are going Up.

Nothing has gone wrong.

We are where we deserve to be in the league.

Top two will be Cardiff and Watford I think.

I just hope that my start of season prediction of 7th will prove to be pessimistic.

I'm afraid I think Forest are the side to watch for the 6th spot.

I said I thought forest would sneak into 6th place and I was shot down for being negative.

I hope in wrong but I can see us fading away.

This team is a work in progress.

NP has had 3 transfer windows to recruit and one pre-season.

Most of the side are young,only Morgan,Konch.and Nuge. of recent first choice 11 have experience of similar situations.

A consequence is inconsistency.

We will need to put another winning run together to have any hope of automatic promotion.

The lottery of the play-offs seems more likely from today's perspective.

It has been a good season so far, our best since NP's first spell

I think we'll turn it round and get back to winning ways, the FA cup really screwed us up .

Don't know about that (the FA Cup "screwing us up"). It wasn't the competition per se, I thought it was slightly criminal to chop and change a winning side for the Huddersfield cup game(s). It showed little intent of taking the competition all too seriously and I think that tactical meddling is the main reason for our recent blip.

I still believe we can put together another winning streak, though. That much we're capable of.

Although I think Udinese will take one of the two promotion spots, could even come top imo.

Can anyone tell me where it says we can't put a run together and force our way into the top 2... just like we have done twice this season already?

Coincidently both times were after a short poor run

I am going for form cycles do you are on the right track

Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, playing a weakened team against Huddersfield was the wrong choice.

At the time though I thought it would have been massively naive to do so. Going so well in the league and the opportunity to give some players a break I can completely understand why he did it. Being honest, i'd have done the same thing.

Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, playing a weakened team against Huddersfield was the wrong choice.

At the time though I thought it would have been massively naive to do so. Going so well in the league and the opportunity to give some players a break I can completely understand why he did it. Being honest, i'd have done the same thing.

I can't understand why he did it and didn't at the time. I'd have loved to have progressed in both cups.

It's one point in nine or an average of .33 points per game (if you go on the last 3 games) which is a bit disappointing really, I think that's what some supporters are trying to say. Chuck in a poor cup game and its one draw in four, which is actually rubbish. Still a win on Tuesday will get us back to an average of a point a game over the past four which ill be nice. Thank God Middlesborough are pants or we'd be looking at an exit from the top 6 soon.

It's one point in nine or an average of .33 points per game (if you go on the last 3 games) which is a bit disappointing really, I think that's what some supporters are trying to say. Chuck in a poor cup game and its one draw in four, which is actually rubbish. Still a win on Tuesday will get us back to an average of a point a game over the past four which ill be nice. Thank God Middlesborough are pants or we'd be looking at an exit from the top 6 soon.

I'm sorry, but you can't do a 'points per game' to use in any sort of debate over 3 games.

I'm sorry, but you can't do a 'points per game' to use in any sort of debate over 3 games.

But you can for five. So its seven from fifteen, which is not the two points a game we need. If you want to do it over the season, we are about 10 points off the mark, eight of which we have dropped in the last three games. Shame is all it is, and disappointing

But you can for five. So its seven from fifteen, which is not the two points a game we need. If you want to do it over the season, we are about 10 points off the mark, eight of which we have dropped in the last three games. Shame is all it is, and disappointing

1.) 5 is pushing it a bit but I'll give you that, in our 'blip' it's not terrible.

2.) Since when have you needed 92 points to go up automatically?

Get all your points in quick, because if we win on Tuesday we probably won't see you again for a couple of months.

Or for that matter over 8 games 16 points which 2 points per game average which is automatic promotion form is it not? but seenitall you should by now realize that form changes it is where we are at the end of the season that matters not now!

1.) 5 is pushing it a bit but I'll give you that, in our 'blip' it's not terrible.

2.) Since when have you needed 92 points to go up automatically?

If you are happy mate then I am happy for you....it must be great being satisfied with underperforming season after season

Archived