Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ReyAzarola

What has gone wrong then?

First Topic I have created on here so go easy.

Our form has been a bit up and down to say the least this season. I follow every single result and glean what I can from opinions and forums etc but seeing as I don't get to many games because of work commitments and my location it's hard to say with confidence what has happened to the team over the last 3 league games.

Coming off the back of 5 league wins we have slipped to 2 defeats and a draw. If we had been dominant or creating a lot of chances then I would not be so concerned but we don't seem to be doing that to the same extent as before.

So just wondering what opinions we have on here regards our situation right now?

...expecting anything from the descriptive and considered to players nutting Pearson and facing the backlash.

I think it has in some part to do with the fact the Nige tinkered with a winning side for the cup games. Even though we werent playing great before the Hudds game, we had a knack of winning and keeping it tight. We know as well as anyone that Leicester are a confidence team. Get one win and we start to fly for 5 or 6 games until we lose, then the confidence drains and we go on a rut for a while. Alright our hand was forced a bit with the Wood situation but he tinkered too much over a few games, and because of it, we've lost our way. Never change a winning team unless enforced.

Well today we drew away from home. Nothing wrong with that.

It's a decent result but from what I can tell we seem to have lost a bit of dominance over the possesion and shots side of the last few games. Not something we have been able to say with consistency this season. I'm not panicking just yet but has the team looked totally different recently? Tiredness, shape, morale...?

I think it has in some part to do with the fact the Nige tinkered with a winning side for the cup games. Even though we werent playing great before the Hudds game, we had a knack of winning and keeping it tight. We know as well as anyone that Leicester are a confidence team. Get one win and we start to fly for 5 or 6 games until we lose, then the confidence drains and we go on a rut for a while. Alright our hand was forced a bit with the Wood situation but he tinkered too much over a few games, and because of it, we've lost our way. Never change a winning team unless enforced.

Agree. This is what I have read into it even though I didn't like the thought of a big build up of cup games.

Pearson has been found out. Tactically he is struggling to counter the mounting pressure that he puts himself under thanks to the rigid setup of his team.

He desperately needs to mix it up a bit and take some risks.

I fear for us in a playoff situation though. Tactically, I think we'll lose it.

Looks like he played a 4-3-3 today?

Nothings gone wrong, this has already happened 2 or 3 times throughout the season already...

they call it a blip.

I might be wrong but I thought we were still applying a lot of pressure and reigning shots in during the previous "blips"? So is this any different?

Simply naive to blame this supposed "bad form" on Pearson.

With the competitiveness of The Championship and regularity of fixtures, any club can easily go three games without a win, even longer in fact.

It just so happens we have done so towards the business end of the campaign, but a good result on Tuesday and all will be forgotten.

It is key to remain positive for the remainder of the season and get behind the team. If we fall short come May that will be the time to look at our short comings.

I might be wrong but I thought we were still applying a lot of pressure and reigning shots in during the previous "blips"? So is this any different?

a blip is a blip, we will come back fighting and other teams will drop points... it will go right down to the wire so whats the point in panicking now with 14 or so games to go

Nugent Marshall and Knocky off form but they can improve back to the high standard they set

Does the strikethrough mean they are not off form? I'm not really sure.

Simply naive to blame this supposed "bad form" on Pearson.

With the competitiveness of The Championship and regularity of fixtures, any club can easily go three games without a win, even longer in fact.

It just so happens we have done so towards the business end of the campaign, but a good result on Tuesday and all will be forgotten.

It is key to remain positive for the remainder of the season and get behind the team. If we fall short come May that will be the time to look at our short comings.

I'm talking just as much performances as result really. I'm aware it can happen. Looking for a brief analysis. I'll be positive and behind the team for each game. In between that it's normal and does no harm critique the performance to see where we can improve. I'm sure that's what the management do.

Surely we can't blame Pearson for the result? How can he legislate for our in form striker having a shocker today? Just one of those days, a thrashing is definitely on the cards soon I reckon.

To be fair last time we had a bad run I think we ended with a draw away at Hull and after that we went on a great run. So lets hope that is the case now too.

Nothing has gone wrong.

We are where we deserve to be in the league.

Top two will be Cardiff and Watford I think.

I just hope that my start of season prediction of 7th will prove to be pessimistic.

I'm afraid I think Forest are the side to watch for the 6th spot.

I agree with this, Col. And I also said the other day that Nottingham Forest will be the side to watch for 6th place.

Nothing has 'gone wrong'. We've just been in a sticky patch, like most/all clubs go through. We had it earlier in the season prior to the Burnley (home) game. I still believe we will finish 4th/5th, and today we picked up a good draw, although we probably should have won.

Well it might have helped if we hadn't have disrupted the team on the back of 5 wins. I don't think we've got the most consistent set of players. I'd suspect we're lacking in confidence at the moment, something we must have been full of to go on that good run.

I can't comment on how we've played in a lot of games but it's seemed to me that this season we have had to get off to a good start or we've not won.

I'm surprised people are so defeatist about our capabilities to finish in the top 2 - we've worked our way there on a couple of occassions with great runs so surely we're capable of doing it again. It seems mental more than anything, as soon as we get there we start to fvck things up. Maybe we just need to time it right. People can bum Watford all they like but it's the first time they've been in the top 2 al season. We'll see how they react to the pressure.

I don't know what you can read into today's match, I didn't see it. But if you miss a penalty and a sitter whilst keeping sold at the back I'd suggest you can't draw too many conclusions.

We need a result soon, when this team have been in full flow it's looked great, but it's capable of looking very pedestrian and lacklustre as well.

At this point I still find it unthinkable that we'll drop out of the top 6. I'm not worried about the teams below us at all.

Archived