Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Gilbert to sign

getting better and better this, all we need is a striker that will get us a fair few goals and i think we've got the finished article for thi season that could easily be one of if not the strogest in the league. Nice to see it a three year deal as well, the futures bright, the futures blue ;)

wonder if the chance of playing inter milan tonight swayed his decision :P

Guest CL Blue Army

Gilbert The Filbert

Leicester City will today complete the signing of Plymouth left-back Peter Gilbert for an undisclosed fee, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 21-year-old Welsh under-21 will arrive at the Walkers Stadium later this afternoon to sign a three-year contract with the club.

City boss Craig Levein has made no secret of his desire to bring in a left-sided defender ahead of the Championship kick-off on August 6.

And Gilbert ticks all the right boxes for the Leicester boss who has now captured seven players over the close season period.

Levein said: "He is a young player I feel has a lot of potential but he is a little bit away from the finished article just yet.

"That is no disrespect to him because I see a level of potential which can be realised and he can be a really good player for us.

"We will need to do a lot of work on him, as we have been doing with Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan and Paddy McCarthy for example. Gilbert is another one that I see very much as someone we need to mould, one for the future, young and ambitious like the others I have mentioned.

"It is a question of getting them to learn the way we want the team to play and I am delighted the move now looks as if it is going to be completed."

Gilbert could make his debut in a City shirt during tonight's glamour clash against Inter Milan at the Walkers Stadium.

Tickets remain on sale throughout the day at the Walkers Stadium ticket office, and the club are urging fans to snap them up as soon as possible to avoid congestion on the night of the game.

Supporters can call into the Walkers Stadium ticket office in person or telephone 0870 4991884. You can also email your contact details to [email protected] or fax to 0116 229 4404.

0,,10274~2707087,00.jpg

wonder if the chance of playing inter milan tonight swayed his decision

I was actually wondering if the possibility of him playing tonight was meant to sway us to go! :huh:

143604[/snapback]

Of course it is. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Levein seems to think him playing tonight is a possibility:

Levein: "If the formalities of Peter Gilbert's transfer are completed, I might give him a bit of the action but he will have had a very busy day so it might be asking a lot."

link

so is he alot better than jordan stewart ?

143632[/snapback]

I think that it's safe to say that Donald Duck is a lot better than Jordan Stewart, so in response to your question, I very much expect so.

Levein seems to think him playing tonight is a possibility: 
Levein: "If the formalities of Peter Gilbert's transfer are completed, I might give him a bit of the action but he will have had a very busy day so it might be asking a lot."

link

143620[/snapback]

I'm also interested in the bit before as well in which he says Canero will play. perhaps hes in Levein's plans after all?

"Peter Canero will play his first game of the pre-season and the attack will be led again by Mark de Vries and David Connolly."

Im well pleased with this signing as CL hasnt brought in much bad, and hes one for the future.

The future is bright, the future is LCFC.

CooooorMON!!

143633[/snapback]

Is Gilbert a good player then? I don't know personally.

Archived