Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

LCFC fans obsessions with 'bust-ups'

We know that Pearson can come across as arrogant - but the majority of people who have met him say otherwise. However.

Why does there says have to be something wrong? Mills, Beckford, SSL and now Chris Wood have all been 'rumoured' to have had a 'bust-up'.

Mills and Beckford I understand but, Wood? New signing, in a great run of form, I'm not sure what about that situation would be anything to formulate a bust up?

Every couple of weeks? He's been here 18 months. Please reming me of these 40 odd bust ups you talk of. Mills, SSL...

This is exactly the kind of response I expected. Focussing on the specifics here rather than the actual issue betrays a nervousness of your part!

His fall outs are well documented elsewhere, but without dragging them all up (and this is inexhaustive), Gradel, several players at Hull, Hull's chairman, individual LCFC fans, the fans at large (delusions of grandeur), rumours of fall outs with Danns, Peltier, Bamba, Beckford, SSL, Wood and probably many more, Ian Stringer.

Do you actually want me to research this and go on? Or is this not quite enough smoke? How much smoke do you need? Do you actual need to feel the burn yourself? Or do you believe there just *might* be a bit of fire? Because I tell you what, thats quite some record for a man who doesn't have a problem with man management, PR or the way to treat people.

Oh and I know a little more, but I'm not going to say too much more but I trust my source. I'm not going to 'admit' this as evidence, but I genuinely have no reason to make this up

This is exactly the kind of response I expected. Focussing on the specifics here rather than the actual issue betrays a nervousness of your part!

His fall outs are well documented elsewhere, but without dragging them all up (and this is inexhaustive), Gradel, several players at Hull, Hull's chairman, individual LCFC fans, the fans at large (delusions of grandeur), rumours of fall outs with Danns, Peltier, Bamba, Beckford, SSL, Wood and probably many more, Ian Stringer.

Do you actually want me to research this and go on? Or is this not quite enough smoke? How much smoke do you need? Do you actual need to feel the burn yourself? Or do you believe there just *might* be a bit of fire? Because I tell you what, thats quite some record for a man who doesn't have a problem with man management, PR or the way to treat people.

Oh and I know a little more, but I'm not going to say too much more but I trust my source. I'm not going to 'admit' this as evidence, but I genuinely have no reason to make this up

:yawn:

Of course he has a lot of bust ups. He's that kind of guy. He has a very low tolerance for what he perceives as bullshit. Seems fair enough to me. Unless you'd prefer some Mr smooth fraudster like svennis or Mrs loveable loser Ian "the useless clown" holloway. Pearson isn't here to be liked, he's here to win football matches.

lol

Fine. Discard that point.

Again, obfuscation. You just don't want to consider the possibility that NP likes to rule with an iron fist and is prone to throwing his toys out of his pram.

If I were the owners, I'd be a little pi ssed off, as those toys were expensive.

There is smoke without fire, as on most occasions I imagine people like you make uo bullsh1t, people on here and on Twitter swallow it, and suddenly he's prone to throwing his toys out the pram.

Of course he has a lot of bust ups. He's that kind of guy. He has a very low tolerance for what he perceives as bullshit. Seems fair enough to me. Unless you'd prefer some Mr smooth fraudster like svennis or Mrs loveable loser Ian "the useless clown" holloway. Pearson isn't here to be liked, he's here to win football matches.

Oh I agree to a point.

You point is a good one, on the proviso he is falling out with players for footballing reasons. Once is becomes either personal, or against media or fans, then he has overstepped the mark for me. The anti-BS stance is admirable and helpful to the club in some respects. You need your manager to be ruthless, but that should not spill over in to media and fan interactions.

Also, I find it frustrating that on here so many posters completely dismiss every suggestion he's had a bust up with someone as if they just can't believe it. The man would fall out with his own shadow, especially if someone else had signed it or it earned more than him.

Its not our obsession, its the fact that there seems to be a fair amount of rumours and supporting circumstantial evidence. You might get smoke without fire once or twice, but when you're getting smoke every couple of weeks, there is probably a fire somewhere.

Smoke with out fire comes from a smoke machine, or a Leicester city forum. There are some ****** on here who love to spread this sort of shit. There was no bust up with Gradel just a difference of opinion, same with SSL, they thought they should be playing, Pearson didn't, if that is a bust up it happens all the time in every club in the country.

Mills was a separate issue, that is what happens when you have a bust up. Outcast, train with the kids and forced out the club. That hasn't happened with any other player. All those mentioned have all come back into the team at some point after the alleged bust up, even after Beckford publicly dissed him away at Peterborough.

You want to know where the smoke comes from just look at all this crap that is repeatedly posted about certain players betting on Burton, it is just absolute crap and I seriously doubt the sanity of anyone who actually believes anything posted on here.

So, basically plenty of rumours and nothing to back it up.

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean you have a right to bad talk Pearson by passing on unsubstantiated gossip or even create your own little defamation, which borders on malicious, if not criminal intent.

Are you your own spin doctor? Do you enjoy starting rumours yourself?

There is smoke without fire, as on most occasions I imagine people like you make uo bullsh1t, people on here and on Twitter swallow it, and suddenly he's prone to throwing his toys out the pram.

Ok, well I haven't put anything on twitter and I only mentioned my information in a general function in a relevant thread. I'm not being all ITK. I have just run in to a few players on occasions. Only one has said anything interesting to me.

I love the club and will argue the toss about it with people, which I quite enjoy, but if you really think I'd just make stuff up to rock the boat, then you really don't 'get me' at all.

FWIW I hated hearing what was said, but it didn't surprise me. I'm upset that it seems to be true, but the player in question would have no reason to make it up.

Certainly more concerning than the BS on twitter, I agree. But why would a player lie?

So, basically plenty of rumours and nothing to back it up.

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean you have a right to bad talk Pearson or even create your own little defamation, which borders on criminal intent.

Are you your own spin doctor? Do you enjoy starting rumours yourself?

Of course I have a right to bad talk him? Why can't I? He's the football manager of the club I support?

The rest of your points are not even worth dealing with.

Ok, well I haven't put anything on twitter and I only mentioned my information in a general function in a relevant thread. I'm not being all ITK. I have just run in to a few players on occasions. Only one has said anything interesting to me.

I love the club and will argue the toss about it with people, which I quite enjoy, but if you really think I'd just make stuff up to rock the boat, then you really don't 'get me' at all.

FWIW I hated hearing what was said, but it didn't surprise me. I'm upset that it seems to be true, but the player in question would have no reason to make it up.

Certainly more concerning than the BS on twitter, I agree. But why would a player lie?

I don't know, depends on the player and what he said :giggle:

?

How on earth can you call Holloway 'a useless clown'?

Yes, it didn't work out with Leicester big time. Add him to a long list of managers that this could be said of.

But he did fantastic at lowly Blackpool and now looks like Palace have a real shout at promotion.

How has he achieved this? Essentially because he's likeable and knows how to bring through the youth players at exactly the right time. He appears to be able to get the best out of what he's got.

You really do post some utter crap.

Oh I agree to a point.

You point is a good one, on the proviso he is falling out with players for footballing reasons. Once is becomes either personal, or against media or fans, then he has overstepped the mark for me. The anti-BS stance is admirable and helpful to the club in some respects. You need your manager to be ruthless, but that should not spill over in to media and fan interactions.

Also, I find it frustrating that on here so many posters completely dismiss every suggestion he's had a bust up with someone as if they just can't believe it. The man would fall out with his own shadow, especially if someone else had signed it or it earned more than him.

Expecting a bit much? I couldn't care less how he performs with the media, it's completely irrelevant and I'm glad he sees it as such.

We've probably lost good players because of pearsons inability to get along with people. I've criticised him on here for that before, but ultimately as long as the players he does get along with are good enough then there is no problem.

Plus let's be honest, the people he does have bust ups with do often seem like proper twats.

Of course I have a right to bad talk him? Why can't I? He's the football manager of the club I support?

The rest of your points are not even worth dealing with.

Because they would expose you for what you really are? A culprit?

And now that we're doing rather well, why not supporting the manager that has gotten us this far?

Your logic baffles me.

Because they would expose you for what you really are? A culprit?

And now that we're doing rather well, why not supporting the manager that has gotten us this far?

Your logic baffles me.

I don't like NP. I admit that.

I've not made any of this up though! Its my view and in one case its based on the account, first person, from a player who has been in about every matchday squad when fit for the past 5 months!

At the end of the day though, they are all rumours. (Paul McCartney's death is still well documented, but it isn't true, for example). There is to many people on social media websites that try and enhance his bust ups, most of which are not even true. It's no wonder he gets annoyed in interviews!

Mills said in an interview (post Leicester) that he didn't even have a bust up with Pearson, and Wood has since confirmed that it wasn't true (who the hell would believe that anyway!?). So, those two examples of your smoke are out the window. I've never personally heard of a bust up with Peltier but I'll give you the St Ledger one. Pearson himself accepted that, but St Ledger did the correct thing and worked hard to get back into the team.

I think some of these rumours come out because he has sold the player. Bust ups with Bamba and Beckford I've never heard of but they are both good examples of the big headed, in some ways overrated players, that Pearson correctly got rid of.

I think most managers have a bust up of somesort. What about Alex Ferguson with Beckham, Stam, Keane, Van Nistelrooy? But people don't seem to bang on about him.

You've obviously all ignored my point about bust ups not necessarily always being a negative thing.

The fact is from what I've heard, there are players regularly playing who just don't like NP. Again, not necessarily bad, but there again MON wasn't popular amongst players, but they all found a way of working together and pulling in the same direction.

I wouldn't get rid of NP for his man management etc anyway, I'd pull the trigger due to complete stubborness and tactical inflexibility on his part after easily enough transfer windows etc to make this side his own. No excuses. If we don't go up, he falls on his sword. If we do go up, who knows?

:blink: I don't believe I rave about any players on here... But what has Anthony said to you?

Not going to go in to any specifics, don't think its fair, and sorry, I know it looks suspicious and I don't do it to be ITK - I was just right place, right time, but erm.. all is not rosy!

Don't get too attached basically!

Would like to point out that if a player is talking about the manager in that way then it's very unprofessional. One thing I like about NP is that he keeps things in-house. If a player is chatting to Joe Bloggs on the street about club matters then have they really got the club's best at heart? If a player has issues with the way a manager doed his job, then they should be adult enough to go to them and make their opinions known so that they can find out why the manager does things the way they do. Office politics 101 can be transferred to a football club.

Archived