Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

LCFC fans obsessions with 'bust-ups'

Ok, well I haven't put anything on twitter and I only mentioned my information in a general function in a relevant thread. I'm not being all ITK. I have just run in to a few players on occasions. Only one has said anything interesting to me.

I love the club and will argue the toss about it with people, which I quite enjoy, but if you really think I'd just make stuff up to rock the boat, then you really don't 'get me' at all.

FWIW I hated hearing what was said, but it didn't surprise me. I'm upset that it seems to be true, but the player in question would have no reason to make it up.

Certainly more concerning than the BS on twitter, I agree. But why would a player lie?

The more concerning question is why would a player tell some random person a potentially career damaging club matter ?

There is no sense to it unless the player is a complete moron ! especially when this said random person could then go onto a club forum or twitter and spread it like wildfire thus damaging the club !

By the way, all your 'ad hominem' arguments betray a real reluctance to deal with the actual points I make, something I'd consider to be a concession.

Of course I have a right to bad talk him? Why can't I? He's the football manager of the club I support?

The rest of your points are not even worth dealing with.

:photo:

You're right - can't be true. I must have imagined it all!

There we go - all rosy again! Brilliant.

I accept your points regarding the bust ups because you've posted them, I just don't think they are true. Apart from the St Ledger one, there is no evidence behind the other 'bust ups' you mentioned.

And word of mouth, unless it's from the player and/or manager, isn't evidence. I can't go in Court and say 1 attacked 2 because 3 said so.

I don't envy people whose life circles around creating and/or passing on unsubstantiated rumours.

I don't feel the urge to be so close to players or managers. I respect them for what they're doing professionally and have no interest in their personal affairs. It's daft and I see more reason in following other, more meaningful endeavours.

You can only go that far with gossiping until it becomes a legal matter.

This is exactly the kind of response I expected. Focussing on the specifics here rather than the actual issue betrays a nervousness of your part!

His fall outs are well documented elsewhere, but without dragging them all up (and this is inexhaustive), Gradel, several players at Hull, Hull's chairman, individual LCFC fans, the fans at large (delusions of grandeur), rumours of fall outs with Danns, Peltier, Bamba, Beckford, SSL, Wood and probably many more, Ian Stringer.

Do you actually want me to research this and go on? Or is this not quite enough smoke? How much smoke do you need? Do you actual need to feel the burn yourself? Or do you believe there just *might* be a bit of fire? Because I tell you what, thats quite some record for a man who doesn't have a problem with man management, PR or the way to treat people.

Oh and I know a little more, but I'm not going to say too much more but I trust my source. I'm not going to 'admit' this as evidence, but I genuinely have no reason to make this up

I would like you to do some research on the bust ups and come back to us.

Especially the one about Gradel. I'd love to see evidence on a bust up between NP and Gradel or anyone else for that matter.

And when i say evidence, I dont really mean someone on here saying, 'he headbutted him' as that is quite obv lies.

Any quotes, printed word etc that hasnt been flat out denied would be great.

Thanks

Ok, well I haven't put anything on twitter and I only mentioned my information in a general function in a relevant thread. I'm not being all ITK. I have just run in to a few players on occasions. Only one has said anything interesting to me.

I love the club and will argue the toss about it with people, which I quite enjoy, but if you really think I'd just make stuff up to rock the boat, then you really don't 'get me' at all.

FWIW I hated hearing what was said, but it didn't surprise me. I'm upset that it seems to be true, but the player in question would have no reason to make it up.

Certainly more concerning than the BS on twitter, I agree. But why would a player lie?

"Oi, you! Random person I've only 'run into a few times'. Come here, I want to trust you with some information that could potentially ruin my career."

?

How on earth can you call Holloway 'a useless clown'?

Yes, it didn't work out with Leicester big time. Add him to a long list of managers that this could be said of.

But he did fantastic at lowly Blackpool and now looks like Palace have a real shout at promotion.

How has he achieved this? Essentially because he's likeable and knows how to bring through the youth players at exactly the right time. He appears to be able to get the best out of what he's got.

You really do post some utter crap.

Well yes I was referring more to his time in charge of Leicester where he did perform like a useless clown. He has done ok since then but that's not the point. The point is that his clown act ended up with the worst season in our history. Clear evidence that simply being a more likable character does not necessarily improve results.

This is exactly the kind of response I expected. Focussing on the specifics here rather than the actual issue betrays a nervousness of your part!

His fall outs are well documented elsewhere, but without dragging them all up (and this is inexhaustive), Gradel, several players at Hull, Hull's chairman, individual LCFC fans, the fans at large (delusions of grandeur), rumours of fall outs with Danns, Peltier, Bamba, Beckford, SSL, Wood and probably many more, Ian Stringer.

Do you actually want me to research this and go on? Or is this not quite enough smoke? How much smoke do you need? Do you actual need to feel the burn yourself? Or do you believe there just *might* be a bit of fire? Because I tell you what, thats quite some record for a man who doesn't have a problem with man management, PR or the way to treat people.

Oh and I know a little more, but I'm not going to say too much more but I trust my source. I'm not going to 'admit' this as evidence, but I genuinely have no reason to make this up

Look at his track record with us!!

Season 1: promotion

Season 2: Play Offs

Season 3: Currently 5th having been top 6 all season.

NP doesn't like egos. He believes the club is bigger than any player. A good attitude to have. A trait we must all agree SAF possesses.

Have a word with yourself!

The rest of his points were personal attacks on myself with no justification.

I barely understand them, let alone feel like dignifying them with a considered response.

I'm sorry to say this but you're obviously a massive attention-seeker with an enormeous "holier than thou" attitude issue.

You can't even back up your own rumours. Don't you have a real hobby? I mean something worthwile?

I accept your points regarding the bust ups because you've posted them, I just don't think they are true. Apart from the St Ledger one, there is no evidence behind the other 'bust ups' you mentioned.

And word of mouth, unless it's from the player and/or manager, isn't evidence. I can't go in Court and say 1 attacked 2 because 3 said so.

It absolutely is evidence. It isn't proof, but 'evidence' and 'proof' are entirely different things.

Oh, and how does it feel to suddenly play the victim card, switching to defense mode when someone challenges you to back up your rumours with real evidence? Not hearsay, but proper and tangible facts.

Enjoy your bragging while it lasts. It could be over pretty soon.

Of course he has a lot of bust ups. He's that kind of guy. He has a very low tolerance for what he perceives as bullshit. Seems fair enough to me. Unless you'd prefer some Mr smooth fraudster like svennis or Mrs loveable loser Ian "the useless clown" holloway. Pearson isn't here to be liked, he's here to win football matches.

Great, do you think he could make a start today then please? :whistle:

Look at his track record with us!!

Season 1: promotion

Season 2: Play Offs

Season 3: Currently 5th having been top 6 all season.

NP doesn't like egos. He believes the club is bigger than any player. A good attitude to have. A trait we must all agree SAF possesses.

Have a word with yourself!

So, what you're saying is that regardless of the budget he has had to spend and the quality of the players at his disposal he has never managed to get us beyond the play off positions in the second tier?

This is what I meant earlier when I said the ambition has been sapped from the fanbase. Finishing among the play off contenders in this league is not some extraordinary achievement. It's at the lower end of where this club has found itself historically. It is the least we should be aiming for every season. Indeed every season we are at this level (and we have the resources to do so - I'm reluctant to count our really skint years) we should be aiming to win the title. Pearson gets away with so much because the judgement of the supporters is clouded by the decade of shit we've waded through.

It absolutely is evidence. It isn't proof, but 'evidence' and 'proof' are entirely different things.

So I take you to the Poilce and say, well you attacked this person, and the evidence is someone's word of mouth. What would happen?

I always thought that evidence and proof were basically the same thing, but you know what I mean. Saying it happened because someone told you isn't exactly proof is it.

The media has always blown things out of proportion, and printed stories that are not true. It's just a shame that certain people on social media like twitter follow this. Like I said, people wonder why Pearson gets angry/defensive when these rumours about bust ups are a constant subject.

So, what you're saying is that regardless of the budget he has had to spend and the quality of the players at his disposal he has never managed to get us beyond the play off positions in the second tier?

He took us from League One to the 5th in the Championship. I didn't expect it. What more did you want that season? And this season we are still on course. Saying he has never managed to get us beyond the play offs at this level doesn't seem fair/right.

Remember pre-Pearson when we finished 16th/17th every season. Shall we return to that?

Just something else to beat Pearson around the head with. 90%+ of it, total bullocks.

Mills yes after Mills' reaction to being dropped after some disgraceful displays. SSL after bringing Mills back into the team yes, prior to Mills awful form

Both players thought they could pick the team, not the manager.

Beckford? No chance, Pearson always picked him despite him hardly ever contributing to the team - they had great touchline rapport, celebrating together, the arsenal patting, sharing a laugh. The lad just ain't good enough. Same with Danns, so they're loaned out.

People always bang on about Pearson's media persona too, but Mercury doesn't have any problems, Sky never have problems... Only fvck awful commentator & repeater of stupid questions, Stringer, has a problem.

RL need to push Jason Bourne to the fore both for commentary & interviewing.

Anyway, Wood bust up? Yeah right, just nonsense from the ground when he was injured & not playing for a game.

So I take you to the Poilce and say, well you attacked this person, and the evidence is someone's word of mouth. What would happen?

I always thought that evidence and proof were basically the same thing, but you know what I mean. Saying it happened because someone told you isn't exactly proof is it.

That only serves to strengthen my point. The police wouldn't be able to do much with that because, whilst it is evidence that an attack occured, it does not prove a thing. They aren't the same. Evidence is suggestive, proof is beyond dispute. Lots of evidence may constitute proof, of course.

He took us from League One to the 5th in the Championship. I didn't expect it. What more did you want that season? And this season we are still on course. Saying he has never managed to get us beyond the play offs at this level doesn't seem fair/right.

Remember pre-Pearson when we finished 16th/17th every season. Shall we return to that?

You are again demonstrating my own point. You think we are doing very well because of the shit we put up with before. If you want to settle for us just being better than we were at our lowest point then fine. But that doesn't represent success for me. It isn't even as though I expect the glories of the O'Neill era to return, although I'm happy to acknowledge that I was spoilt by that side as a teenager. I'd take winning promotion from this league regularly with the odd two or three season top flight spell chucked in. That's about right for a club our size and it's more or less what we've always done.

But my point is you can't say well Pearson hasn't got us out of this second tier when this is his second attempt.

He has achieved whatever object set so far.

I can say that because it's true. When he took over last season there was no talk of writing the season off. Promotion was the aim then, too. He didn't achieve that and was, correctly in my view, given the benefit of the doubt. I'll say again, we were sixth after his first game back in charge. This wasn't Sven taking over from Sousa.

I can accept the argument that he overachieved in his second season here, although I don't agree with it. It isn't as though he was operating on a shoestring budget that season and Norwich and Southampton have outdone our finish since then. But even if I'm wrong and that season was an overachievement there has been nothing to demonstrate that he is capable of bettering it. Even after spending millions.

Sven took over from Sousa but was able to attract International quality, for high fees. Yakubu, Naughton, Davies etc. but I believe we didn't look like a team under Sven, he was rightly sacked IMO. Promotion was a possibility when Nige returned, bur not only was it not his team, the squad was full of overpaid players who thought they were better then they were (Bamba, Mills, Beckford).

Nigel had a tough job, the job we don't see, the job in the background with the finances. That job shouldn't be underrated.

In terms of Southampton, they must if spent more than us. Our biggest buy was Wellens, yet Southampton attracted Billy Sharp for more than £2million. They also had Lambert, a player that Pearson wanted here, who scored 20+. Of course it is an overachievement for any team to climb two leagues in two seasons, something we early did. Also, lets not forget, Pearson guided us to first place at our first attempt in league one. How many teams haven't achieved promotion after getting relegated to league one? Southampton, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc (many big clubs).

Sven took over from Sousa but was able to attract International quality, for high fees. Yakubu, Naughton, Davies etc. but I believe we didn't look like a team under Sven, he was rightly sacked IMO. Promotion was a possibility when Nige returned, bur not only was it not his team, the squad was full of overpaid players who thought they were better then they were (Bamba, Mills, Beckford).

Nigel had a tough job, the job we don't see, the job in the background with the finances. That job shouldn't be underrated.

In terms of Southampton, they must if spent more than us. Our biggest buy was Wellens, yet Southampton attracted Billy Sharp for more than £2million. They also had Lambert, a player that Pearson wanted here, who scored 20+. Of course it is an overachievement for any team to climb two leagues in two seasons, something we early did. Also, lets not forget, Pearson guided us to first place at our first attempt in league one. How many teams haven't achieved promotion after getting relegated to league one? Southampton, Swindon, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc (many big clubs).

Great post.. Also add Man City and Sheffield United to that list

Archived