Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I blame Wellens

Drum

So 'people in L1' heard your #AMF group but you were not able to hear

L1? :S Ha ha, keep deluding yourself :D!

Keep deluding yourself that it's not gone downhill.

then they hear better than me too i heard em once. however rather than us all ripping each other we should build on this.

Can't disagree with that.

Singers should move to L1/K1 - that is where the singing is and its no use fighting it. The 30 in SK1 should move imho.

I have said this before, but they have this believe that they are above L1 and only want to sing songs that back the team, not get involved in banter/abuse towards the away section.

Fine as that may sound in principal, they are never going to make in roads into an area that is sprinkled with oldies who's days of standing for 90 mins and going home with no voice are behind them, I think if the fosse boys had accepted this from the off and merged with L1 it would have made L1 stronger and our vocal support better, they are game for singing for 90 mins so I'm sure they could have pulled L1 along with them.

I have said this before, but they have this believe that they are above L1 and only want to sing songs that back the team, not get involved in banter/abuse towards the away section.

Fine as that may sound in principal, they are never going to make in roads into an area that is sprinkled with oldies who's days of standing for 90 mins and going home with no voice are behind them, I think if the fosse boys had accepted this from the off and merged with L1 it would have made L1 stronger and our vocal support better, they are game for singing for 90 mins so I'm sure they could have pulled L1 along with them.

Problem is it's hard to get into the right parts of L1 if theres a group of you, there's 5 of us that would have to move and would not want to go into a row that doesn't join in

Ideally the Kop should attract new singers, the last thing we want to happen is to take people away from the singing section and dilute the atmosphere.

I want to see L1 continue to provide the atmosphere and hopefully get better. If a section of ideally a couple of hundred people could get the Kop singing a few times a game to compliment the atmosphere then that would be great.

In fact thinking about the title of this thread why not put Jobber in the middle of the Kop to reignite the oldies and get atmosphere going down our end and leave L1 to carry on and be more spontaneous like a lot would like it to be.

The kops shit, cant hear them from the family stand. quite embarrassing really considering your 5000 or so strong.

Yeah because only a couple sing. We have the people at the back that attempt it, and then people that also sing (like me) are scattered about all over. If the singers come together, including those from L1, we could (potentially) have a decent singing section in the Kop.

it only needs another 50 or so to join the singing lads in the Kop and imho would transform it, the problem with the kop is alot of people are shy to start songs, unless its 'we love you', the group of lads saturday need to stay there and not go to L1, would rather get 5000 singing in the kop rather than 500 in L1

it only needs another 50 or so to join the singing lads in the Kop and imho would transform it, the problem with the kop is alot of people are shy to start songs, unless its 'we love you', the group of lads saturday need to stay there and not go to L1, would rather get 5000 singing in the kop rather than 500 in L1

Agreed.

As I said, if the people in L1 moved over to the Kop, along with the current people that sing in the Kop, we could have a decent Kop. Like you said, it takes about less than 100 to get a song going. Kop would be singing, and we would influence the rest of the ground (hopefully).

The problem is no-one ever agrees on where to move. I fully agree with every word JonnyBoy's said, but people in the Kop won't go in L1 and people in L1 won't go to the Kop. There simply won't be everyone in the same section unless something like safe standing was introduced.

Mainly the old fosse boys. Must have been an annual day out. Still learnt nothing from the 1st failed attempt. Still trying to start songs half the ground don't know.

If they stuck to traditional shit for a bit 1st they may have better luck.

tbf they aired the Melbourne chant and the new David Nugent song, imagine if we were winning, im sure they would of got the rest singing

Agreed.

As I said, if the people in L1 moved over to the Kop, along with the current people that sing in the Kop, we could have a decent Kop. Like you said, it takes about less than 100 to get a song going. Kop would be singing, and we would influence the rest of the ground (hopefully).

i seriously think that's all it would take, i accept that not everyone will move from L1.... no chance. But i bet at least 50 would if it was organised properly when renewing season tickets came about? start a thread nearer the time.

Sounds to easy, where is the catch? :dunno: we'll see

I know let's start a p*ssing contest on who is louder and singing more and which area is the better place to be :nono: Get a grip lads surely the more people singing in more areas the better? If you think slating other areas of the ground is the way forward then frankly I feel sorry for you!

The kops shit, cant hear them from the family stand. quite embarrassing really considering your 5000 or so strong.

Because the family stand is such a focal point in singing and getting an atmosphere going.

All the family stand do is spin their Filbert Fox scarfs in everyone faces when the 'we love you' song is sung.

One thing is certain a lot won't move seats just to sing, besides singing sitting down is wrong anyway.

Mainly the old fosse boys. Must have been an annual day out. Still learnt nothing from the 1st failed attempt. Still trying to start songs half the ground don't know.

If they stuck to traditional shit for a bit 1st they may have better luck.

Mainly? Hardly. Half a dozen at most of those lads on Saturday were regularly involved with the FBs. Also thought the balance of songs was pretty good - only a couple of new'uns and plenty of "traditional shit" (did anywhere else in the ground sing WYS on Saturday?)

That said I do think this new group could do more to intergrate with other groups of singers and those who only occasionally join in by maybe moving themselves a bit further towards the centre of the Kop, otherwise they run the risk of being accused of being a separatist clique which was (unfairly in my opinion) something constantly levelled at the FBs.

However, this is something everybody should be getting behind. A positive atmosphere can do so much to encourage the players on the pitch, which surely is something we should all want?

Do you mean like Juventus did at home to Celtic? IMO that is actually quite good, and I thought to myself we should do this :scarf:

I've also heard it at Arsenal and numerous Bundesliga Clubs. [mummode]Just coz the big boy's are doing it doesn't mean you have to copy.[/mummode]

As a fan I don't appreciate being treat like a performing seal. I feel the atmosphere should come organically, from the crown itself. Anything else and your just conceding defeat. Pretty soon all crowds will sound the same.

Goal. Tom Hark. Repeat Surname. Sing one of half a dozen songs with slight tweak to include Player/Club name. Aaaaaaand Relax.

I've only heard one drummer add anything to an atmosphere, and that was Palaces drummer Away to Watford.

Mainly? Hardly. Half a dozen at most of those lads on Saturday were regularly involved with the FBs. Also thought the balance of songs was pretty good - only a couple of new'uns and plenty of "traditional shit" (did anywhere else in the ground sing WYS on Saturday?)

That said I do think this new group could do more to intergrate with other groups of singers and those who only occasionally join in by maybe moving themselves a bit further towards the centre of the Kop, otherwise they run the risk of being accused of being a separatist clique which was (unfairly in my opinion) something constantly levelled at the FBs.

However, this is something everybody should be getting behind. A positive atmosphere can do so much to encourage the players on the pitch, which surely is something we should all want?

Well if thats the case it's half a dozen still on a ego trip and wanting to be at the forefront of the same thing recycled as i've had my season ticket in sk1 or f1 as is was before since day 1 at the walkers and the faces i saw matched at lot of the fosse boys.

As i've said a million times it took months for me and my mates to be accepted as part of the crowd in sk1 at filbert st.

You have to play the game join in with the old boys. Show your there to back the team. Not for show and your own ego.

As you say moving to the centre of the kop in a block, turning up every week would be better than isolating themselves in a corner. I still don't get what the obessionwith that corner is.

Well if thats the case it's half a dozen still on a ego trip and wanting to be at the forefront of the same thing recycled as i've had my season ticket in sk1 or f1 as is was before since day 1 at the walkers and the faces i saw matched at lot of the fosse boys.

As i've said a million times it took months for me and my mates to be accepted as part of the crowd in sk1 at filbert st.

You have to play the game join in with the old boys. Show your there to back the team. Not for show and your own ego.

As you say moving to the centre of the kop in a block, turning up every week would be better than isolating themselves in a corner. I still don't get what the obessionwith that corner is.

Not sure why you think this is some kind of Fosse Boys ego trip when the lads who have started this up are a completely different bunch, and the vast majority of songs going off in that corner were being started by these boys on Saturday.

Also not really sure how else they're meant to prove they're there to back the team when there was constant singing for 90 minutes coming from that corner? What more do you want them to do?

I think the idea behind being in that corner is it's empty and they're obviously ambitious to attract a large number of singers over there. But for my money there's enough empty spaces further round SK1 to do that anyway and to hopefully join forces with the existing standers/singers. Hopefully these lads will keep at it and put their heads together over the summer so they can have a bigger impact. It was always going to be difficult getting some kind of movement kicking off two thirds of the way through the season.

I think the SK1 guys deserve a lot of credit for their perseverance on Saturday. It's a long time since I've heard 90 minutes of continuous singing, and it is not easy to keep that up when the performance on the pitch was as demoralising as it was.

I stand a little further along SK1, towards the centre, and one of the things I always observe is how vocal everyone seems to become when shouting "You don't know what you're doing!" or "willy puller!" at the ref or an opposition player. It really puzzles me how people can stand up then and find their voice, yet at other times remain so neutralised when it comes to singing up the support for the team. Even chants of "Stand up if you love Leicester!" are usually met with most people looking around awkwardly, shuffling in their seats. I've said before that if you've bought a seat then who am I to tell you to sit/stand or sing/don't sing, but I do find it a bit surreal when I think about the vehemence that is sometimes directed at the ref as opposed to the general apathy that is shown when cheering on the team. Strange.

But nice one anyway to those guys for their efforts, hope it continues.

Do you mean like Juventus did at home to Celtic? IMO that is actually quite good, and I thought to myself we should do this :scarf:

Traditionally a German thing but certain sides pull it off incredibly. It sounds daft but I actually think English accents aren't suited to it in the slightest.

I think the SK1 guys deserve a lot of credit for their perseverance on Saturday. It's a long time since I've heard 90 minutes of continuous singing, and it is not easy to keep that up when the performance on the pitch was as demoralising as it was.

I stand a little further along SK1, towards the centre, and one of the things I always observe is how vocal everyone seems to become when shouting "You don't know what you're doing!" or "willy puller!" at the ref or an opposition player. It really puzzles me how people can stand up then and find their voice, yet at other times remain so neutralised when it comes to singing up the support for the team. Even chants of "Stand up if you love Leicester!" are usually met with most people looking around awkwardly, shuffling in their seats. I've said before that if you've bought a seat then who am I to tell you to sit/stand or sing/don't sing, but I do find it a bit surreal when I think about the vehemence that is sometimes directed at the ref as opposed to the general apathy that is shown when cheering on the team. Strange.

But nice one anyway to those guys for their efforts, hope it continues.

I think the exact same and I've said it for a while, I've never ever understood it.

I think our fans simply lack pride/passion about the city and the club for whatever reason. Not all fans, not by any means, but it's a totally different mindset to the likes of Newcastle for example where everyone's seriously proud of their city and they'll never shut up about it, we just don't seem to have that pride in ourselves, it makes me wonder if we were to go up, maybe we would? I don't know.

Appreciate the kind words also, cheers.

I agree fully with people saying we should move further along. Voll Blau's said it though - there's absolutely no arrogance/exclusion about it, it's simply the area with the most free spaces and that's why we tend to go there.

It's more something that'll come off next season - I stress, we're not an exclusive group at all, I actually disagree with the name of the Facebook page because it makes us sound exclusive but we're not, we're simply a group who are willing to take actions rather than talk when it comes to the atmosphere.

I apologise if I've been a twat about L1 - I still have my beliefs, but I think turning it into an us v them with our own fans, our own vocal fans (a minority) is daft and I'm not gonna be taking anymore swipes.

There are similarities to the Fosse Boys, but to be honest I think people were harsh on them, they made mistakes but they were only intending to improve the atmosphere of the ground, something the vast majority of people agree on.

Archived