Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I blame Wellens

Drum

Get rid of the bloody drum. Ruined our club. I can live with a sh?t team. I can live with a sh?t manager. But the last two games have proved that real fans still exist in this bloody game. Loud noise traditional songs. We used to be like that now it's...

Nanana na na oh oh oh

And your sad YouTube obsessed drum tunes.

Totally agree, I used to go in the L block before the drum. We sang songs, goaded the away fans and had some banter. Now all you get are monotonous chants where the drum goes on and on and on.........

Oh yeah the away fans love it, it keeps them in time like the Sheffield Weds fans in the first half.

Teams out, come on city

Get rid of the drum

Totally agree, the drum has to go its embarrasing , same rubbish songs and no spontaneous banter, when the likes of leeds come down here and are laughing at us following a drum, we don't give ourselves enough credit, we would create a better atmosphere without it.

Just like the vast majority of things about our support, it's something that was initially going to improve things - then we become reliant on it.

All the L1'ers on here talk about the noise but I'm sorry, where has it gone? It's literally not a patch on even a year or two ago. I was in SK1 today (which is hardly the Sudtribune) and I could only hear away fans, and they had more than enough quiet moments.

I go to games to watch the match, not bothered about the atmosphere and how it's made (if any) if I'm totally honest.

I go to games for a variety of reasons, I enjoy football, I enjoy the banter with friends and family and I love it when there is a good atmosphere.

Unfortunately, the atmosphere is going downhill, get rid of the drum!!!!'

The number of singers itself has dwindled, and instead replaced with chumps standing there, whispering songs and looking at their phone.

Getting rid of the drum will achieve nothing i don't think.

Wrong, initially I think it will have a negative impact on the atmosphere. Then after a while I think the originality and dare I say 'real' noise will come back to what was once one of the noisiest clubs in the country. Yes I know most grounds are shocking now but it does not have to be ours.

Seriously that drum is one of the worst things to happen to the club in the last 13 years.

It could be worse. At Palace they have a drummer. They have music after goals followed by that ridiculous repeating the Surname bollocks. They then have music after music after goals. The crazy thing is, their fans are on fire at the moment. They have the loudest away fans and their home support is excellent. Then they spoil it all with the drum and embarrassing after goal routine. Cringeworthy.

Wrong, initially I think it will have a negative impact on the atmosphere. Then after a while I think the originality and dare I say 'real' noise will come back to what was once one of the noisiest clubs in the country. Yes I know most grounds are shocking now but it does not have to be ours.

Seriously that drum is one of the worst things to happen to the club in the last 13 years.

This

The number of singers itself has dwindled, and instead replaced with chumps standing there, whispering songs and looking at their phone.

This is so true. Plenty of standers, but the wrong kind.

You could be right. We should get rid of it, maybe it will shake our fans into life, maybe not, but I don't like it.

I certainly think we don't put the effort into singing that we should, the drum is probably one of the reasons for that.

I don't think its the only reason though.

A lack of atmosphere is bearable, what isn't is an aggressive and negative atmosphere aimed at the players fans claim to support, that's what we've had recently. You think getting rid of a drum can fix that?

On the odd occasion Jobber hasnt had his drum (due to sky etc), the atmosphere has been even worse. i.e. silent for 90 mins. Unfortunately we are in a state where we rely on it to start songs and for the whole crowd to join in.

Don't get me wrong I still respect it's the block with the most singers in it but fvck me so many people in there over-rate it.

I moved to l1 this year and could only tickets near the front, and must admit as good as it is, I would say the majority of the first 4 or 5 rows don't sing, to the extent that my son looks at me gone out cause I sing loud when nobody around us is,would love for everyone to stand and sing at the front, like the lads and lasses do at the top

Personally think the drum isn't played enough given that we are so reliant on it, which in itself is embarrassing enough.

If we get rid of it we would literally have no atmosphere because people seem utterly incapable of opening their mouths on their own.

Fans want to bring back the good old atmospheric days? Fine, let's bring it back. Lets all wear brown suits, hats and a blue dyed rose on the coat pocket and climb on the roofs like monkeys with hands on our foreheads looking down on our team in sheer excitement. There's your atmospheric cure.

Personally think the drum isn't played enough given that we are so reliant on it, which in itself is embarrassing enough.

If we get rid of it we would literally have no atmosphere because people seem utterly incapable of opening their mouths on their own.

Wrong, see earlier point.

Archived