Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I blame Wellens

Drum

Had my brothers season ticket in sk1 today in the corner, they're we're a group of lads... Probably 30 odd, sang all game non stop and got most of the songs in the kop going. Blew balloons up at half time and everything. Hats of to them, made L1 look absolutely awful. Those 30 lads made ten times more noise than L1 all game. If you were part of it then please keep it up, with you lads I'm sure you can transform the kop,

as for L1, might aswell not be there.

Had my brothers season ticket in sk1 today in the corner, they're we're a group of lads... Probably 30 odd, sang all game non stop and got most of the songs in the kop going. Blew balloons up at half time and everything. Hats of to them, made L1 look absolutely awful. Those 30 lads made ten times more noise than L1 all game. If you were part of it then please keep it up, with you lads I'm sure you can transform the kop,

L1 wasnt bad yesterday

Was impressed. That corner has potential to grow provided Barclay doesn't go OTT with it. I noticed the stewards were checking the tickets of some children (about 11/12 years old maybe?) nearby.

I think attacking Jobber and the drum is just because people are fed up with things at the moment. I can sound pretty good sometimes and I personally do not care what away fans sing about it. They are not going to sing about it being great are they?

Mainly the old fosse boys. Must have been an annual day out. Still learnt nothing from the 1st failed attempt. Still trying to start songs half the ground don't know.

If they stuck to traditional shit for a bit 1st they may have better luck.

It could be worse. At Palace they have a drummer. They have music after goals followed by that ridiculous repeating the Surname bollocks. They then have music after music after goals. The crazy thing is, their fans are on fire at the moment. They have the loudest away fans and their home support is excellent. Then they spoil it all with the drum and embarrassing after goal routine. Cringeworthy.

Do you mean like Juventus did at home to Celtic? IMO that is actually quite good, and I thought to myself we should do this :scarf:

Fans want to bring back the good old atmospheric days? Fine, let's bring it back. Lets all wear brown suits, hats and a blue dyed rose on the coat pocket and climb on the roofs like monkeys with hands on our foreheads looking down on our team in sheer excitement. There's your atmospheric cure.

Bizarre, what world do you live in or did you live in? Are you 97 years of age remembering some very bygone era?

I am not going back that long ago to remember L1 without the drum. It WAS BETTER, and that is not just being nostalgic, it was just better, more imaginative, more songs, more of an edge, more banter.

Get rid of the drum.

It won't improve Pearsons tactics but eventually it will improve the atmosphere.

The worst thing to happen to football in the past 3 years is this chant ...

"He scores when he wants... He scores when he waaaants"

"I wanna go home .... I wanna go hooooome...."

"We know what you are ..... We know what yooooouuuuu arrrreeeee"

Etc etc.

Its all boring nonsensical bullshit and the people who invent these "quips" or join in with them are brainless Neanderthals. Not just leicester fans but up and down the country its driving me mad. No imagination whatsoever. Killing football

To add, when did the drum come in? 07/08? Relegation to league 1 season?

I remember a game probably 05/06 season at home to QPR. Lost 2-1, early on in the season. Alan may bury got sent off early doors. High tempered game, Elvis Hammond scored his first ever professional game. Atmosphere was electric throughout the ground.

Also best atmosphere at the walkers / KP for me? Home to villa in the cup. Lost 3-2 aet. Henderson penalty save from g.barry last minute. 119th minute winner from

Aglebagglewhore

Mainly the old fosse boys. Must have been an annual day out. Still learnt nothing from the 1st failed attempt. Still trying to start songs half the ground don't know.

If they stuck to traditional shit for a bit 1st they may have better luck.

Come off it, there were absolutely loads of songs that people knew, we just have a home 'support' that is apathetic towards it all.

To be fair, the Kop got involved a fair bit at first but that slowly died down.

We sing Leicester songs and no-one wants to know, the ref makes a poor decision and all of a sudden everyone finds their singing voices to abuse him, it's embarrassing.

The worst thing to happen to football in the past 3 years is this chant ...

"He scores when he wants... He scores when he waaaants"

"I wanna go home .... I wanna go hooooome...."

"We know what you are ..... We know what yooooouuuuu arrrreeeee"

Etc etc.

Its all boring nonsensical bullshit and the people who invent these "quips" or join in with them are brainless Neanderthals. Not just leicester fans but up and down the country its driving me mad. No imagination whatsoever. Killing football

Agreed 100%

The drum is crap, was probably a good area at first and may have even worked (I can't remember) but now the novelty has worn off its just a waste of space.

Thanks Jobber, was good whilst it lasted, someone even called you a "Leicester Legend" but I'd say that your 15 minutes of fame is over, the best you can hope for now is I'm a Celebrity but you may be a bit too famous for that now.

Maybe we could all have pom poms and do some coreographed dancing sh*t and lift placards giving scores for different sections volume and artistic impression. Too much prissy stuff nowadays for me not enough spontaneous wit and banter alongside a rousing song that is ours and ours alone, no individual identity! Stoke singing Delilah,Man City Blue Moon, Liverpool You'll Never walk Alone, Spurs Oh when the Spurs go marching In, proper quality football songs. Stop trying to get a West End Musical Going and get some tradition and passion back for those that want to sing.

That's the AMF lot. They organise most of their stuff on Facebook if anyone's interested.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/323092401135027/347400275370906/?notif_t=group_activity

That link should work.

So loud L1 never heard them :thumbup:

Just like the vast majority of things about our support, it's something that was initially going to improve things - then we become reliant on it.

All the L1'ers on here talk about the noise but I'm sorry, where has it gone? It's literally not a patch on even a year or two ago. I was in SK1 today (which is hardly the Sudtribune) and I could only hear away fans, and they had more than enough quiet moments.

Been told otherwise by people in L1.

So 'people in L1' heard your #AMF group but you were not able to hear

L1? :S Ha ha, keep deluding yourself :D!

Maybe we could all have pom poms and do some coreographed dancing sh*t and lift placards giving scores for different sections volume and artistic impression. Too much prissy stuff nowadays for me not enough spontaneous wit and banter alongside a rousing song that is ours and ours alone, no individual identity! Stoke singing Delilah,Man City Blue Moon, Liverpool You'll Never walk Alone, Spurs Oh when the Spurs go marching In, proper quality football songs. Stop trying to get a West End Musical Going and get some tradition and passion back for those that want to sing.

This!

Some proper 'Banter' (not like King Fox's though) would be just grand.

Leave the Pom Poms to half time when I'd like to see some dancing by the 'Foxy forty-something's'.. (I'm too old now for the Foxy chicks)

:whistle:

I'm midway up in L1 and it's quite obvious why the atmosphere has gone shit this year.. It's because people from other areas of the ground have moved their and do not contribute.. There's 5 or 6 people round me that just stand their for 90 mins and just clap.. They even give you dirty looks for swearing.. It pisses me off tbh..

The lads in SK1 are trying to get the Kop singing and surely that has to be a good thing. Can they compete with L1,(who were very good on Saturday) don't be silly they are the main singing section and that's not likely to change.

Hopefully in the future they will help to generate a bit of noise from the Kop and you never know numbers may increase and therefore the noise level.

Noting the comment about not learning from previous experience it is essential to sing known older songs. All together now

Iwan is a Welshman...........

So loud L1 never heard them :thumbup:

Too busy being outsung by the away fans as per!

As for the lads on Saturday in the corner of SK1, I think they did a great job. The idea that they sang too many 'non-traditional' songs is ridiculous. People don't sing because they simply can't be arsed, not because they don't know the words.

Exhibit A: Ring of Fire. Has four letters in it, people still let these lads sing it on their own.

I simply don't understand why so many people go to games to sit of their hands and not make a peep. Surely then you are completely reliant on the performance of 11 lads and a manager to have a good afternoon? Weird.

I don't get why the drum is banged when nobody sings along. There were times on Saturday when he was banging the drum, and the Wednesday fans were singing along to the rhythm of it. Same at the Leeds game as well.

We need to get everybody that sings in the Kop imo, with the drum. At the minute we have two sections of singing supporters, some in the Kop and some in L1, and it doesn't work.

Archived