Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Barnsley Away

@OfficialFOXES #lcfcawaytix 1,197 of 1,500 tickets sold for Easter Monday's trip to Barnsley. Tickets are currently on general sale.

Disappointing numbers so far. Good that the club are now tweeting these figures, it seems to be one of the most popular bits of information amongst fans.

Shame as Barnsley is an outstanding away day. Last time I went we drew 1.1 and we also had quite poor numbers at it then.

Surely that would indicate it does have something to do with us.

If Barnsley were lowering the price for STHs then they'd change the price on their tickets as they know that to put "£23" on the ticket would be misinformation. If we had lowered the price then the ticket would still say £23 as it'd be done after it was printed.

I'm assuming this is either Barnsley or Leicester who have lowered the price by the way, not some other external organisation.

Well don't you look like a complete muppet.

Well don't you look like a complete muppet.

No not really.

I still don't see why Barnsley would offer our most loyal fans a price reduction as it doesn't benefit them, you yourself are yet to give a good reason why Barnsley would do this. My theory that Leicester had subsidised tickets, while incorrect, was not that far fetched and could easily have been right.

Seeing as you're clearly so well knowledgeable on this topic perhaps you'd like to explain everything to me. If you aren't able to offer me a good explanation then you can't really suggest that my explanation was a silly one.

No not really. I still don't see why Barnsley would offer our most loyal fans a price reduction as it doesn't benefit them, you yourself are yet to give a good reason as to why Barnsley would do this. My theory that Leicester had subsidised tickets, while incorrect, was not that far fetched and could easily have been right.

Seeing as you're clearly so well knowledgeable on this topic perhaps you'd like to explain everything to me.

Because they are more likely to go because they buy STH.and tbh, i like it wen they do it cos it puts all the 'only go when we're winning' fans off and leave all the fans who sing no matter what i.e. Derby 2-0 down still sang. Better atmosphere IMO.

Because they are more likely to go because they buy STH.and tbh, i like it wen they do it cos it puts all the 'only go when we're winning' fans off and leave all the fans who sing no matter what i.e. Derby 2-0 down still sang. Better atmosphere IMO.

That still doesn't explain it. Why charge less for STHs and not the non-STHs? Surely you'd just drop the price for everyone?

As you mentioned, STHs are likely to go at the higher price anyway because they're more committed, it'd make much more sense to drop prices for both groups if you're looking to boost revenue.

That still doesn't explain it. Why charge less for STHs and not the non-STHs? Surely you'd just drop the price for everyone?

As you mentioned, STHs are likely to go at the higher price anyway because they're more committed, it'd make much more sense to drop prices for both groups if you're looking to boost revenue.

I suppose that is true, but STH have to fork out £300+ a year so i think we can have a couplr of quid off ;)

No not really.

I still don't see why Barnsley would offer our most loyal fans a price reduction as it doesn't benefit them, you yourself are yet to give a good reason why Barnsley would do this. My theory that Leicester had subsidised tickets, while incorrect, was not that far fetched and could easily have been right.

Seeing as you're clearly so well knowledgeable on this topic perhaps you'd like to explain everything to me. If you aren't able to offer me a good explanation then you can't really suggest that my explanation was a silly one.

Leicester have no influence on what other teams charge for when we visit there. That's why.

Agreed about our end at Derby, and Cardiff too. Think the quality of our away support is gradually improving again.

Leicester have no influence on what other teams charge for when we visit there. That's why.

Once tickets are given to Leicester they can pay £3 for us if they really want to. As long as Barnsley get their money from ticket sales it really doesn't matter how they get it.

I'm not saying Leicester asked Barnsley to bring the price down, I'm saying Leicester could have paid part of that price.

We'll take 3.5k once we hammer Millwall.

Any plan for where all the singers will congregate as its unreserved?

The top. Happens all the time.

I love unreserved seating because everyone goes where they "should" go. The singers/standers all find themselves in one place and the people who want to sit down head towards the bottom. It's pretty much perfect.

The top. Happens all the time.

I love unreserved seating because everyone goes where they "should" go. The singers/standers all find themselves in one place and the people who want to sit down head towards the bottom. It's pretty much perfect.

No shit Sherlock.

A particular 'top' corner?

Once tickets are given to Leicester they can pay £3 for us if they really want to. As long as Barnsley get their money from ticket sales it really doesn't matter how they get it.

I'm not saying Leicester asked Barnsley to bring the price down, I'm saying Leicester could have paid part of that price.

No. It doesn't work like that - we have to sell away tickets at the prices other teams set. Fact.

No. It doesn't work like that - we have to sell away tickets at the prices other teams set. Fact.

Ok but why? Where's the rule saying that our club can't pay part of it?

You'e getting into fairly specific detail about the rules here that I didn't know about and I'm sure many others didn't know about too. So to call me a "complete muppet" because I made a suggestion that seemed reasonable at the time is rather indecent.

Also, it wasn't just me who had this idea, Dan LCFC said this: "Part of me wonders if it's Leicester paying £3 per STH to increase the number who use travel? Just a guess."

So is he a muppet too? I don't mind you pointing out that I'm wrong but using insults because I didn't know about specific rules really irritates me.

Ok but why? Where's the rule saying that our club can't pay part of it?

You'e getting into fairly specific detail about the rules here that I didn't know about and I'm sure many others didn't know about too. So to call me a "complete muppet" because I made a suggestion that seemed reasonable at the time is rather indecent.

Also, it wasn't just me who had this idea, Dan LCFC said this: "Part of me wonders if it's Leicester paying £3 per STH to increase the number who use travel? Just a guess."

So is he a muppet too? I don't mind you pointing out that I'm wrong but using insults because I didn't know about specific rules really irritates me.

I have never known anybody take EVERYTHING so seriously. Lighten up a little.

Archived