Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Barnsley Away

Of course it was nice to see 8,000 at the Forest game, but I'm sorry if my unusual view is that I don't get hung up on the numbers we take to games.

My priority is what happens on the pitch, not the numbers we have in the stands. Like many, I've stood with 8000 and I've stood with 400. Not a jot of difference to selfish me.

My main peeve is when certain people start to abuse others for not going, calling them part-time, chanting that those who choose to watch on TV are c-bombs. Why does it matter to so many how many we take. No-one can control anyone's personal decision of how many want to go to Barnsley.

Away attendance seems more to me about the dick waving that goes on towards other teams supporters to be honest.

I don't hate people for choosing not to go but obviously I'd prefer it if they did go. I get a stronger sense of pride when there are big numbers at a game, I feel as if my club is putting on a show of strength when there's 3000 fans in one stand. But yeah I do agree with you about it being a contest between clubs, fans want something to be proud of and away followings are a great thing to pick out as a topic for banter.

Plus, after the game I'm going to come home and see loads of pictures of our packed away end on the internet! :D

Who cares what the flipping numbers are.

Most of you moan when we take loads because loads are 'happy clappers' who sit down, say nothing and criticise.

It's unreserved, it's a decent ground, it should be a good atmosphere and frankly sometimes people have better things to do on a Bank Holiday Monday, like spending time with their families, than £40 on the football (not me though, I'm there :thumbup: )

Stop complaining and enjoy the day.

Not wrong really. Based on our away support this season I think the lower the better really, if we have only lost the fairweathers who only go when we're winning then it's no real loss.

I'm guessing you'll be able to pay on the gate?

Yeah but only adult prices on the turnstiles. Managed to get myself off work for the Monday (on the sacrifice of working like a bitch all weekend) so I'll be making it, can see the numbers sneaking up to just short of 2k.

Hi lads. Didn't know where to post this, I live down in the Westcountry and bought tickets late Tuesday night, expecting I could just pick the tickets up from the stadium before the barnsley game. With it being a bank holiday will I still be able to collect the tickets?

cheers

It's quite strange that we can take several thousands to a relegation game yet not the same amount when we are going for promotion.

Well you expect to have to scrap for every point in a relegation fight, but with this promotion 'push', I suspect 2 whole months of utter shit and dropping from 2nd to 7th has put people off.

I would be going, but my more 'plastic' mate said he wasn't bothered, so I'm not going by myself.

Hope we pick up in the next few games otherwise he won't go to Palace with me either!

Well you expect to have to scrap for every point in a relegation fight, but with this promotion 'push', I suspect 2 whole months of utter shit and dropping from 2nd to 7th has put people off.

I would be going, but my more 'plastic' mate said he wasn't bothered, so I'm not going by myself.

Hope we pick up in the next few games otherwise he won't go to Palace with me either!

Surely the two months of shit, preceeded by six months of excellent or decent football, is better than eight months of shit like in 2007 and 2008?

Surely the two months of shit, preceeded by six months of excellent or decent football, is better than eight months of shit like in 2007 and 2008?

Of course it is, but the point is that when you're in a relegation scrap, every point gained is a bonus and a win is fantastic. You go to games expecting to lose so anything other equals a good day out.

In a promotion race you expect wins, and when you have consecutive draws and defeats and see the team sliding, it is even more disappointing.

A lot of the following in 07 got a free ride from mandaric on fox travel, and we generally had more cash in our pockets 5/6 years ago, I think if we were guaranteed 100% effort then a few more would travel but for a team that had just been in Portugal, a few looked as if they couldn't care less and wanted to head back there.

Archived