Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Barnsley Away

What is the difference between being wrongly insulted and rightly insulted?

I suppose being rightly insulted is when you deserve it, and wrongly is when you don't. If I had suggested something truly ridiculous then I'd expect people to pick me up on it and make a number of negative comments.

I suppose being rightly insulted is when you deserve it, and wrongly is when you don't. If I had suggested something truly ridiculous then I'd expect people to pick me up on it and make a number of negative comments.

Truly ridiculous like suggesting an 'external organisation' will have influenced ticket prices you mean? lol

I was just talking in general in my post btw. For an 18 year old you seem very highly strung. It's a forum at the end of the day, take things on the chin rather than to heart.

Truly ridiculous like suggesting an 'external organisation' will have influenced ticket prices you mean? lol

I was just talking in general in my post btw. For an 18 year old you seem very highly strung. It's a forum at the end of the day, take things on the chin rather than to heart.

Okay I admit that wasn't very realistic.

But at the same time I just didn't think there was any need for that sort of comment, just felt like challenging it. And yeah, I probably respond a bit too aggressively at times. :blush:

Ok but why? Where's the rule saying that our club can't pay part of it?

You'e getting into fairly specific detail about the rules here that I didn't know about and I'm sure many others didn't know about too. So to call me a "complete muppet" because I made a suggestion that seemed reasonable at the time is rather indecent.

Also, it wasn't just me who had this idea, Dan LCFC said this: "Part of me wonders if it's Leicester paying £3 per STH to increase the number who use travel? Just a guess."

So is he a muppet too? I don't mind you pointing out that I'm wrong but using insults because I didn't know about specific rules really irritates me.

Nah he's a good lad, knows his stuff. He doesn't assume he knows everything like you.

I don't know where the rule is, but I do know I was right in what I said and that's all you should worry about.

Nah he's a good lad, knows his stuff. He doesn't assume he knows everything like you.

I don't know where the rule is, but I do know I was right in what I said and that's all you should worry about.

You know you come across just as arrogant as I do. I've got no problem with being wrong I just dislike being attacked for it.

Thank you for correcting me earlier, pleased I learnt something from this.

You know you come across just as arrogant as I do. I've got no problem with being wrong I just dislike being attacked for it.

Thank you for correcting me earlier, pleased I learnt something from this.

That's fine. If being right about things is arrogant then so be it.

I called you a muppet, get over it.

I remember when we took 5000-odd on the day we won 1-0 and Leeds got relegated!

Same. Good day, Barnsley away always is, and that particular day Fryatt scored a lob (could have been an own goal). Was right at the back that year.

Got me tickets for this season. Glad it says 'unreserved' on the ticket.

Who cares what the flipping numbers are.

Most of you moan when we take loads because loads are 'happy clappers' who sit down, say nothing and criticise.

It's unreserved, it's a decent ground, it should be a good atmosphere and frankly sometimes people have better things to do on a Bank Holiday Monday, like spending time with their families, than £40 on the football (not me though, I'm there :thumbup: )

Stop complaining and enjoy the day.

Definitely didn't take 6k that day. Was a good number though and a great day out.

I always remember being in the stand a few mins before kick off and about another 200 Leicester were coming down the hill and we started chanting at them.

Most of you moan when we take loads because loads are 'happy clappers' who sit down, say nothing and criticise.

It's unreserved, it's a decent ground, it should be a good atmosphere and frankly sometimes people have better things to do on a Bank Holiday Monday, like spending time with their families, than £40 on the football (not me though, I'm there :thumbup: )

That's a fairly unusual view to take, almost everyone travelling fan I speak to cares about how many are going to be at a specific game.

Were you not proud to see 8,000 at Forest? Because I, and everyone else, was. It's just a pride thing really, I'm always disappointed when low numbers turn up to an away game, maybe it's me being arrogant but as supporter of a fairly big Championship club I have certain expectations of how many we should take.

Plus, atmosphere usually improves with larger numbers. Although I'm expecting us to make a decent noise as all the "happy clappers" will have been filtered out by the bank holiday.

Just for the record, I wasn't moaning, just passing on information..

That's a fairly unusual view to take, almost everyone travelling fan I speak to cares about how many are going to be at a specific game.

Were you not proud to see 8,000 at Forest? Because I, and everyone else, was. It's just a pride thing really, I'm always disappointed when low numbers turn up to an away game, maybe it's me being arrogant but as supporter of a fairly big Championship club I have certain expectations of how many we should take.

Plus, atmosphere usually improves with larger numbers. Although I'm expecting us to make a decent noise as all the "happy clappers" will have been filtered out by the bank holiday.

Of course it was nice to see 8,000 at the Forest game, but I'm sorry if my unusual view is that I don't get hung up on the numbers we take to games.

My priority is what happens on the pitch, not the numbers we have in the stands. Like many, I've stood with 8000 and I've stood with 400. Not a jot of difference to selfish me.

My main peeve is when certain people start to abuse others for not going, calling them part-time, chanting that those who choose to watch on TV are c-bombs. Why does it matter to so many how many we take. No-one can control anyone's personal decision of how many want to go to Barnsley.

Away attendance seems more to me about the dick waving that goes on towards other teams supporters to be honest.

Archived