Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jiggers the Fox

Barnsley Away

Can anyone explain the pricing system for this game?

This is the first time I've seen STHs get a lower price for match tickets - Why is that? Barnsley don't get any benefit from offering lower prices to Leicester City STHs so I don't see why they would do this. Have Leicester subsidised tickets for STHs to make it more attractive for them?

I don't get it. :/

Bought 3 tickets for this. Feel for my mate who is a student but over the age brackets they are giving so therefore had to pay an adults price.

I've just purchased two student tickets and I'm 22. I think the age bracket is to allow U20's a cheaper ticket, while providing a viable option for full-time students as well; could be wrong though?

I've just purchased two student tickets and I'm 22. I think the age bracket is to allow U20's a cheaper ticket, while providing a viable option for full-time students as well; could be wrong though?

Asked the ticket man and he was like no your friend who is 24 won't be allowed a student ticket even if he can show a student card.

Part of me wonders if it's Leicester paying £3 per STH to increase the number who use travel? Just a guess.

It says £23 on the match ticket, so nothing to do with us I don't believe.

It says £23 on the match ticket, so nothing to do with us I don't believe.

Surely that would indicate it does have something to do with us.

If Barnsley were lowering the price for STHs then they'd change the price on their tickets as they know that to put "£23" on the ticket would be misinformation. If we had lowered the price then the ticket would still say £23 as it'd be done after it was printed.

I'm assuming this is either Barnsley or Leicester who have lowered the price by the way, not some other external organisation.

Surely that would indicate it does have something to do with us.

If Barnsley were lowering the price for STHs then they'd change the price on their tickets as they know that to put "£23" on the ticket would be misinformation. If we had lowered the price then the ticket would still say £23 as it'd be done after it was printed.

I'm assuming this is either Barnsley or Leicester who have lowered the price by the way, not some other external organisation.

External organisation? lol

It's Barnsley who offer the ST prices, nothing to do with us.

External organisation? lol

It's Barnsley who offer the ST prices, nothing to do with us.

Why though? What reason do they have for giving Leicester STHs lower prices? I can't see any reason whatsoever for them to do that.

EDIT: Ok, just found evidence that it is Barnsley doing this. Prices have also been reduced for Charlton STHs for their game at Oakwell. I still don't see why Barnsley would do this though, they're not going to benefit as far as I can see.

Why though? What reason do they have for giving Leicester STHs lower prices? I can't see any reason whatsoever for them to do that.

Who knows, ask their ticket office if you're that bothered by it! Maybe you answered your own question on the previous page when you questioned if we'd lowered the prices to make it more attractive to STH? They do it for all games, not just us.

Still trying to charge me £24 to buy on the abso-flipping-embarrassing online store though. After 3 arguments with the TO this season already I am potentially opening up to a 4th by e-mailing them... I'll never learn

The quoted away figures are pretty pathetic to be honest. I'm not one of these who looks down at people for not going as there's generally always a half decent reason but this is heading for what, 2-2.5k? There'd be 4k go if we were doing well. So fickle.

The quoted away figures are pretty pathetic to be honest. I'm not one of these who looks down at people for not going as there's generally always a half decent reason but this is heading for what, 2-2.5k? There'd be 4k go if we were doing well. So fickle.

Agree. Birmingham prices were:

Adults £27

U18 £11

So for the majority of fans this is a cheaper game and only slightly further to travel to. This should be over 3000 really.

To be fair Birmingham's far easier to get to - it's not just distance but the cost of a train to Birmingham, I bet it's under half what it is to Barnsley.

My point stands though. A better comparison would be Sheff Weds away, very similar location, 4,000 went when we were on form. It sums up a lot of our support even away from home really that they'll only go when we're doing half decent, and the sort who'll only make noise if we're winning.

Pathetic really. No one's obliged to go but it's nothing other than glory hunting.

To be fair Birmingham's far easier to get to - it's not just distance but the cost of a train to Birmingham, I bet it's under half what it is to Barnsley.

My point stands though. A better comparison would be Sheff Weds away, very similar location, 4,000 went when we were on form. It sums up a lot of our support even away from home really that they'll only go when we're doing half decent, and the sort who'll only make noise if we're winning.

Pathetic really. No one's obliged to go but it's nothing other than glory hunting.

No different to the majority of clubs in this division though barring Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

Even if we were doing shit we'd still average around 1.5k on the road, much better than the majority of clubs in the league.

No different to the majority of clubs in this division though barring Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

Even if we were doing shit we'd still average around 1.5k on the road, much better than the majority of clubs in the league.

True, certainly not a problem unique to Leicester but pretty embarrassing nontheless.

Archived