Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Derby Match Thread

We were two points away from the play offs when he arrived. After 18 months we are in 6th and could drop out of the play offs if Brighton win (not sure on GD but let's not split hairs).

We are on the worst form i can remember - worse than the form that got sven the sack. 6 points from 27 - it's bottom of the league form and looks set to continue.... you can be happy with that and defend pearson. I'm not and won't.

The Plank x

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think this is the worst run since we were fourth in the Premiership and lost in the cup to Wycombe in March, before going on to win only one before the end of the season. The biggest mistake we made then was giving Taylor a new contract and cash to spend in the summer. I hope we don't repeat that.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think this is the worst run since we were fourth in the Premiership and lost in the cup to Wycombe in March, before going on to win only one before the end of the season. The biggest mistake we made then was giving Taylor a new contract and cash to spend in the summer. I hope we don't repeat that.

CRAIG LEVEIN.

Lest we forget.

CRAIG LEVEIN.

Lest we forget.

The strange thing is that I can actually associate with those wanting NP to be given more time ..... Because I was gutted that Craig Levein was sacked and was convinced he'd have turned it around.

I think in hindsight i was absolutely wrong though!!!

The strange thing is that I can actually associate with those wanting NP to be given more time ..... Because I was gutted that Craig Levein was sacked and was convinced he'd have turned it around.

I think in hindsight i was absolutely wrong though!!!

But with Levein we were at the wrong end of the table. I'd rather "bottle it" with Pearson and get a new man in at the end of the season, than get rid of Pearson now and continue the way we are.

I've watched Leicester since I was 7. That was a performance to match the dark days of Pleat and McClintock. We were awful. Christ if we did manage to sneak the playoffs we would be massacred every week. Where is the free flowing football of before gone????? Cmon Pearson, get into them.

The over-reactionaries aren't even annoying me, and that is a huge sign something is wrong.

We've simply capitulated and we look well and truly devoid of any idea on how to turn it around.

Confidence gone. Promotion most likely gone and, I hate to say it, but Pearson will most likely be gone too at this rate. Circus.

Sacking the manager who has us there, a position we'd have all taken at the start of the year, would be short sighted and for many fans I'm sure would completely kill any excitement that still exists this season. If Pearson goes then I'll just not care whether we go up or not, it shouldn't be like that.

Where is the excitement in 1 win in 9?

You need to get over this Nigel complex.

The over-reactionaries aren't even annoying me, and that is a huge sign something is wrong.

We've simply capitulated and we look well and truly devoid of any idea on how to turn it around.

Confidence gone. Promotion most likely gone and, I hate to say it, but Pearson will most likely be gone too at this rate. Circus.

Because the situation has become so bad that it's not an over reaction?.

What the hell has gone wrong? That match was appalling, so little quality from two poor teams. We shot ourselves in the foot- two free headers were the difference. You give players chances and they will take them. Where was the responsibility?

So we faced a self-inflicted uphill struggle. Got a fine goal back, but that was it. Their keeper had little to do. Our shooting was awful, wayward, pathetic, our style was to hit the ball as high into the air as possible. It didn't work, we let a poor Derby side take the points with relative comfort.

Something has to change. I don't want it to be the manager but the last nine games have been concerning and potentially damaging. So he has to change back to the style that served us well early on, that was a refreshing change from the dross served up yesterday and the six weeks previous.

We had a gap to 7th and that has gone. We had a chance to even stay, just about, in the running for second but that has gone. We are sliding away and, most worryingly, it doesn't look like changing any time soon. Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby- they weren't great at all yet we were even worse. Why do we drag ourselves down to the level of these teams?

I hope we can find some results from somewhere otherwise it's another year in this wretched division.

Archived