Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

5 mins left

Why do we still play speculative balls?

At one point Dyed raced down the left and crossed to no one....he should have held it up and wasted time...it's common bloody sense....we insist on inviting more pressure!!

Keep the f***ing ball...don't try and score a wonder goal or play into trouble...pass backwards if needs be!!

On 86 mins I shouted at the screen this and could see Niges frustrations to.....MON teams were great at this ' remember him symbolizing a ball now with his hands'.

Is Nigel prepping them for these scenarios considering recent weeks? Do the players understand the idea of running down the clock?

Clearly not and it drives me mad......first Vardy then Kane now Nugent...all avoidable...Brum didn't look like creating anything themselves....no we thought 'I know let's give them a goal'.

Unbef***inglievable!

Ironically, playing a speculative long ball was exactly what Nugent needed to do. But I do understand your frustration, the team doesn't make the right choices when closing out a game. We seem rather unintelligent in these sort of matches.

has nothing to do with intelligence...just pressure.

happens to all teams in world football....otherwise wouldn't every team which took the lead win?

happens to all teams in world football....otherwise wouldn't every team which took the lead win?

The intelligent decision at the time would not have been to pass the ball back to De Laet or whoever it was. It's a mix of both.

I don't quite know what you mean about that second bit. Why should every team win if there's no pressure? Pressure doesn't always lose you football matches, good goals do too for example. Refereeing decisions another example - an example that is particularly relevant this evening.

just totally unproffessiaonal bunch of over paid so called footballers that lack bottle and passion dont know how lucky they are to pull on the shirt of great club

lead by manager that is tactically inept going through season with thread bare squad

im realist one win in thirteen i cann ot see them for life of me winning next four miss tom any chances been the story of our season never been addressed was briefly when wood was signed now thats broke doesnt seem to be able to be fixed

pearson should do decent thing leave

Rubbish we are awful and naive in these situations and create our own problems nothing to do with opposition....would have no complaints if they were winning balls back and pushing for the winner but we GIFT them every bloody time!!

Why do we still play speculative balls?

At one point Dyed raced down the left and crossed to no one....he should have held it up and wasted time...it's common bloody sense....we insist on inviting more pressure!!

Keep the f***ing ball...don't try and score a wonder goal or play into trouble...pass backwards if needs be!!

On 86 mins I shouted at the screen this and could see Niges frustrations to.....MON teams were great at this ' remember him symbolizing a ball now with his hands'.

Is Nigel prepping them for these scenarios considering recent weeks? Do the players understand the idea of running down the clock?

Clearly not and it drives me mad......first Vardy then Kane now Nugent...all avoidable...Brum didn't look like creating anything themselves....no we thought 'I know let's give them a goal'.

Unbef***inglievable!

Couldn't agree more..

WHY OH WHY is Pearson still allowing Kasper to kick it long? Time and time again we give the fookin ball straight back to the fookin opposition!!

Keep the ball lads, especially when trying to see a game out.

Please....

:angry:

Couldn't agree more..

WHY OH WHY is Pearson still allowing Kasper to kick it long? Time and time again we give the fookin ball straight back to the fookin opposition!!

Keep the ball lads, especially when trying to see a game out.

Please....

:angry:

Isn't that the main problem? Pearson's Plan A is basically to lump it forward. Plan B is lump it forward further. There is hardly any attempt to keep the ball and work positions for delivery into the forwards/box. If they don't play keep ball for 86 mins there isn't much hope they'll do it for the last 4 mins. Football from the dark ages!

Despite having some older pro's in the team, we don't have anyone with experience of gamesmanship.

Little things you see other teams do:

For example, last night, the players should have raced and pointed to the spot outside the area where Nuge made the foul. It may have made a difference, may not but it puts pressure on a ref to rethink his decision and maybe take the safe option of a freekick rather than pen.

Another example, against Millwall, midway through the second half, Trotter made an awful challenge. If we put pressure on the ref and played up the injury (I think it was Schlupp who was fouled) we might have got the ref to try and even up the red card, if not then, but later in the game when the game was getting physical.

Last example, running the ball into the corner, going down easy to get free kicks that slow down the pace and continuity of the game. All things other teams do that we should be.

Sky said Birmingham never know when they are beaten...but they weren't really looking like scoring, they didn't have to do anything for the goal. It was a case of inept play from us rather than them doing anything.

To be fair fair they did not know when they were beaten aganst us but we still did the double over them.

Archived