Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

if we beat bolton

i don't think we'll win. Bolton are on a challenging roll and we're rolling around in self-inflicted agony. Bolton have come up on the rails, their confidence will be high and they'll know how vulnerable we are tactically and psychologically.

Three times in recent weeks we've conceded late goals to lose points so even if Bolton go behind they'll know they'll be in with a chance throughout.

We just don't have the mental strength and philosophy to impose ourselves from first to last in a game.

Sincerely, I wonder if we'd have done better without coaching staff and just focused on matchday motivation because we do such daft things at times and don't do so many other things that we ought to. Sometimes we don't even tend to the obvious and we make changes that have no apparent purpose and offer us no improvement or advantage.

The only flicker of hope for Tuesday is our performance against Blackburn which showed what we are capable of and reminded me of our promise in the first quarter of the season.

But even if we produce that sort of display there's no longer evidence that we'll sustain it into another game and the one after that. We compromise to easily. We let the scoreline dictate our tactics instead of our ability and it's so painfully predictable.

Just because Bolton have been on a roll doesn't mean it will continue. We were just such a roll and seemingly in a similar state . But things change a lot in this league and there's still time for a few more dramatic twists .

COYB :scarf:

Their away form is worse than ours!

Recent wins against 2 of bottom 3 have inflated their away form

I know our home form has been poor of late,

if we don't win then the 'seasons over' mongers may be right.

Spoke to my Bristol City supporting mate today who wasn't impressed at all with Bolton. They won yesterday with a dodgy penalty against the run-of-play and held on by their finger tips to see out a very fortunate win. That was against the, by far, worst team in the Championship. That said, the form table shows that we are currently the worst so who knows.

"What are you doing?" The low husky voice was warm and sensuous.

"Just checking the footy results love," I glance around, shocked at the sight of my wife; the black cocktail dress, short and clingy, showed off her still enviable figure.

"Come on honey," she smiled provocatively, "let me treat you to a few beers, a curry, and later there's a chapter of 50 shades I'd like to work through."

As I reached for the TV remote to kill the box, my hands shook a little, and shook harder as I saw the screen.... Forest 1 - Leicester 2 ... That and the last couple of games meant... Jeez, they've done it! The last spot......

"Oi, wake up," the rolled up TV mag stung, the eastenders cast grinned evily on the front cover, " wake up you useless slob, the bin needs to go out." The critter stood above me, still wearing the dull dressing gown she always wore.

"Sorry love, I was dreaming." I looked up at the PC screen, the forum full of anguish, wrecked hope and blind optimism...

"Just like the rest of them," she scowled at the blue and white screen, " when will you learn, I just hope your silly daydreams make you happy."

The smug look was the last straw, I released 'Crusher', my daydream alligator.... "Good boy..... fetch..."

"They do make me happy love," I replied;the daydream mess was unbelievable...

"What are you doing?" The low husky voice was warm and sensuous.

"Just checking the footy results love," I glance around, shocked at the sight of my wife; the black cocktail dress, short and clingy, showed off her still enviable figure.

"Come on honey," she smiled provocatively, "let me treat you to a few beers, a curry, and later there's a chapter of 50 shades I'd like to work through."

As I reached for the TV remote to kill the box, my hands shook a little, and shook harder as I saw the screen.... Forest 1 - Leicester 2 ... That and the last couple of games meant... Jeez, they've done it! The last spot......

"Oi, wake up," the rolled up TV mag stung, the eastenders cast grinned evily on the front cover, " wake up you useless slob, the bin needs to go out." The critter stood above me, still wearing the dull dressing gown she always wore.

"Sorry love, I was dreaming." I looked up at the PC screen, the forum full of anguish, wrecked hope and blind optimism...

"Just like the rest of them," she scowled at the blue and white screen, " when will you learn, I just hope your silly daydreams make you happy."

The smug look was the last straw, I released 'Crusher', my daydream alligator.... "Good boy..... fetch..."

"They do make me happy love," I replied;the daydream mess was unbelievable...

That you reincarnated Barbara? :P

Just because Bolton have been on a roll doesn't mean it will continue. We were just such a roll and seemingly in a similar state . But things change a lot in this league and there's still time for a few more dramatic twists .

COYB :scarf:

Lets hope we can turn things around Zingy

Archived