Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KIRBYFOX93

Anthony Knockeart

Eh?

You know Olympique Lyonnais, the French football team? They are apparently interested in signing Knockaert :rolleyes:

Why is everyone suddenly on his back, he's 19 years old! His first season in England away from family and cannot speak a word of English. For the people on here who are knocking him you are total t**** i'm afraid. He just wants to play, that is why he is frustrated. He does need to improve a few things yes, but to slate him like people have is outrageous. Give him a chance.

I guarantee if he scored at wembley and won it for us everyone on here would be creaming at the thought of him.

Rant over

UTB :)

By the way, not only did you get his age wrong, you also spelt his name wrong. Good going :)

I personally think he's our most talented player, by a mile. I think if used correctly he'll have a genuinely big future in the game a level like say, the Europa League. I think his natural ability is fantastic and has as much as anyone I've seen at this club in the past decade.

There are problems though. His Twitter outburst screamed of a pretty bad attitude if you ask me, I think it was naivety so I'll let him off this time. He's got flaws to his game but I think we simply waste him. If we were to use him as our main creative midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 we would be laughing IMO. Remember when we got him? He was threading inch perfect through balls through left right and centre.

We have got to make the most of this lad, and I'm not convinced we do.

I personally think he's our most talented player, by a mile. I think if used correctly he'll have a genuinely big future in the game a level like say, the Europa League. I think his natural ability is fantastic and has as much as anyone I've seen at this club in the past decade.

There are problems though. His Twitter outburst screamed of a pretty bad attitude if you ask me, I think it was naivety so I'll let him off this time. He's got flaws to his game but I think we simply waste him. If we were to use him as our main creative midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 we would be laughing IMO. Remember when we got him? He was threading inch perfect through balls through left right and centre.

We have got to make the most of this lad, and I'm not convinced we do.

Good post that

My worry with Knockaert is that he seems to be following a patern set by all our 'creative' players under NFP.

Whatever their talents, in NFP's preferred 4-4-2, such players are only ever played in wide positions, even though both Knockaert and Marshall lack the pace for such a role. Furthermore in NFP's system, both players are given onerous defensive duties that appear to be deemed more important than getting the best out of their attacking flair.

I strongly believe giving Knockaert, Marshall and to a degree Dyer such rigid, defensive roles has caused the life to be strangled out of our attacking passing game and caused the lack of confidence that has been instrumental in their drop off in form. NFP has form for this sort of thing, both Gradel and Gallagher suffered in similar fashion.

One further point, at our best back in the autumn both Knockaert and Dyer / Marshall were given licence to get forward quickly and to come off their flanks and support our strikers, this also allowed space for our full backs to break forward quickly, De Laet being especially effective.

Once our wide players were reigned in to 'tighten up' and 'keep our shape' our attacking play steadily diminished to the point that by march we could not buy a win.

I hate to say it but I fully agree. I'd say it's Pearson's biggest problem.

Good post that

I honestly think he's the almost ideal CAM, certainly more than good enough for a club in this league. He'll have his off-days for sure but if we use him as our main creative outlet we'd be laughing. He's certainly capable of dribbling round players and scoring, too.

He can definitely play as a right midfielder but nowhere near as effectively IMO.

I would say that like Marshall, Knockaerts attacking talents are being whittled away by the poor coaching of a defensive and 'hard work' obsessed management.

I do not think we are ever going to get much from Knockaert, if we get a decent offer for him then I think we should take it, spend it on some hard working scufflers from Stoke's reserves....... :thumbup:

Archived