Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KIRBYFOX93

Anthony Knockeart

Look on the bright side.Ak percieved lack of form could mean he is with us next year.

Perspective he is a pleasure to watch.lightning fast thinker,shows for the ball all the time(sometimes far in advance of everyone),always looking to score or put someone in,decent shot ,decent dead ball,loves the club,fans,fellow playersl.Downside slightly over excited at times,decision making could improve,odd bad tackle.

Home games he would be first on my teamsheet ,away a great sub but needs to be told exactly what not to do.Glad we have him

He needs to learn to adapt his game and most importantly learn to pass the ball and not try to do everything himself. He got away with it when he first arrived but his great start and subsequent publicity have worked against him and made him a marked man, hence the need to develop his game and become more of a team player rather than a one man showboat.

He needs to learn to adapt his game and most importantly learn to pass the ball and not try to do everything himself. He got away with it when he first arrived but his great start and subsequent publicity have worked against him and made him a marked man, hence the need to develop his game and become more of a team player rather than a one man showboat.

This

Superb player with great potential mind you

This

Superb player with great potential mind you

My worry with Knockaert is that he seems to be following a patern set by all our 'creative' players under NFP.

Whatever their talents, in NFP's preferred 4-4-2, such players are only ever played in wide positions, even though both Knockaert and Marshall lack the pace for such a role. Furthermore in NFP's system, both players are given onerous defensive duties that appear to be deemed more important than getting the best out of their attacking flair.

I strongly believe giving Knockaert, Marshall and to a degree Dyer such rigid, defensive roles has caused the life to be strangled out of our attacking passing game and caused the lack of confidence that has been instrumental in their drop off in form. NFP has form for this sort of thing, both Gradel and Gallagher suffered in similar fashion.

One further point, at our best back in the autumn both Knockaert and Dyer / Marshall were given licence to get forward quickly and to come off their flanks and support our strikers, this also allowed space for our full backs to break forward quickly, De Laet being especially effective.

Once our wide players were reigned in to 'tighten up' and 'keep our shape' our attacking play steadily diminished to the point that by march we could not buy a win.

My worry with Knockaert is that he seems to be following a patern set by all our 'creative' players under NFP.

Whatever their talents, in NFP's preferred 4-4-2, such players are only ever played in wide positions, even though both Knockaert and Marshall lack the pace for such a role. Furthermore in NFP's system, both players are given onerous defensive duties that appear to be deemed more important than getting the best out of their attacking flair.

I strongly believe giving Knockaert, Marshall and to a degree Dyer such rigid, defensive roles has caused the life to be strangled out of our attacking passing game and caused the lack of confidence that has been instrumental in their drop off in form. NFP has form for this sort of thing, both Gradel and Gallagher suffered in similar fashion.

One further point, at our best back in the autumn both Knockaert and Dyer / Marshall were given licence to get forward quickly and to come off their flanks and support our strikers, this also allowed space for our full backs to break forward quickly, De Laet being especially effective.

Once our wide players were reigned in to 'tighten up' and 'keep our shape' our attacking play steadily diminished to the point that by march we could not buy a win.

I completely agree Dave

:o

Which is why I've constantly argued for a midfield player who's sole role it is to defend and to mop up just in front of the back four. This would serve the dual purpose of helping to stop conceding goals from around the edge of our area, whilst freeing up the creative/flair/attack minded players to get forward and do what they are best at. Essentially, removing them of much of their defensive duties. I liken Knocky, for example, too a poor man's David Silva. Silva is given licence to roam around the space between the midfield and the strikers, linking the play up between the two. He's NOT expected to get back and defend. Why? Because he's backed up by the likes of Barry and, in their best season, DeJong.

Similarly to Barcelona with Messi and Mascherano.

It's of no surprise to me that we look a better side with James in it, because he doesn't get forward very much. His presence reassures the players who are designated to get forward, to do so.

The player, IMO who has MOST suffered from the flat 4-4-2 is Marshall. Defensively, I think he's poor and DeLaet has suffered also when Marshall has played in front of him. Dyer and Knocky are actually better defensively than Ben. But none of them should be expected to defend very much, is my point.

I completely agree Dave

:o

Which is why I've constantly argued for a midfield player who's sole role it is to defend and to mop up just in front of the back four. This would serve the dual purpose of helping to stop conceding goals from around the edge of our area, whilst freeing up the creative/flair/attack minded players to get forward and do what they are best at. Essentially, removing them of much of their defensive duties. I liken Knocky, for example, too a poor man's David Silva. Silva is given licence to roam around the space between the midfield and the strikers, linking the play up between the two. He's NOT expected to get back and defend. Why? Because he's backed up by the likes of Barry and, in their best season, DeJong.

Similarly to Barcelona with Messi and Mascherano.

It's of no surprise to me that we look a better side with James in it, because he doesn't get forward very much. His presence reassures the players who are designated to get forward, to do so.

The player, IMO who has MOST suffered from the flat 4-4-2 is Marshall. Defensively, I think he's poor and DeLaet has suffered also when Marshall has played in front of him. Dyer and Knocky are actually better defensively than Ben. But none of them should be expected to defend very much, is my point.

On the other hand, we could simply get a manager who is not obsessed with turning our best attacking talents into crap wing backs........:)

Agree with what you say but I do think he was misquoted - it was some other Twitter moaning about his non-appearence to which knocky replied "disgusting". Now given his limited command of the english language and the fact that the Frenh only have a third to a quarter of teh words that we have it may not sound as bad as all that. Anyway, NFP played him the next game so looks all ok to me.

not the truth , i have both tweets thats been removed . one states he should be playing and what is pearson doing . thats a retweet . the second he indirectly says pearson is disgusting . please dont be blinkered like other blue rimmed glasses wearers . he removed them because after a nights sleep , he knew hed made a mistake . he did what he did .

not the truth , i have both tweets thats been removed . one states he should be playing and what is pearson doing . thats a retweet . the second he indirectly says pearson is disgusting . please dont be blinkered like other blue rimmed glasses wearers . he removed them because after a nights sleep , he knew hed made a mistake . he did what he did .

1. He retweets anything praising him, hardly out of the ordinary.

2. His second tweet said "Sometimes in football there is nothing to understand ... as you have seen that tonight . DISGUSTED" - my first thought was that he was referring to the penalty or how we managed to drop three points in the dying seconds of the game. It's been picked up by those with an agenda against the management of the club to try and discredit them. It isn't necessarily directed at the management, although I will admit it could be read that way, but with Knoackaert's poor grasp of written English, we'll never be sure as to what he was really gettting at. To say it's a definite pop at the management is not right IMO and to criticise people who don't think it was as wearing blue tinted spectacles isn't really fair when it's so ambiguous.

1. He retweets anything praising him, hardly out of the ordinary.

2. His second tweet said "Sometimes in football there is nothing to understand ... as you have seen that tonight . DISGUSTED" - my first thought was that he was referring to the penalty or how we managed to drop three points in the dying seconds of the game. It's been picked up by those with an agenda against the management of the club to try and discredit them. It isn't necessarily directed at the management, although I will admit it could be read that way, but with Knoackaert's poor grasp of written English, we'll never be sure as to what he was really gettting at. To say it's a definite pop at the management is not right IMO and to criticise people who don't think it was as wearing blue tinted spectacles isn't really fair when it's so ambiguous.

That was how I understood it too. I think the fact he played the next game would also suggest this is the case as NP certainly wouldn't have stood for Knocky taking a swipe at him via twitter.

Fry art sounds like a Damien Hurst breakfast

Knocky think about it next time you see him running with his knees going like the clappers I think he does most of his training running down the station trying to catch the train.

Looks like he is in a carry on film

Archived